Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Muhammad610

Any Good And Reliable Id To Recommend?

Guest Tong Tong

anyone want to join my company?we are local interior design P/L.looking for experienced designer.kindly give me a call for further info.81425512 Diana

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Currently I am renovating my terrace house. I was also in a dilemma 3 to 4 mths back as I do not have an id with a direct referral. It doesn't help matter that I read all the horror stories of id not fulfiling the promise, work not done properly, even running away with the deposit. And mine is a major renov as I Need to add addition room , 2 toilets, etc.

Based on renotalk forum and expo fair, I shorlisted 4 id, eventually down to 3, to 2 and eventually 1. I finally shorlisted Jim from ideal design . Reason as the co has been established for many years ( this is wad I read from renotalk, must choose a long established co), and an Id who seems reliable and most important , no hard pushing.

My Reno has been on going for around 7 weeks and I would say I am very satisfied with the service and attitude of my id so far. I think that an id must be reliable, resposible , patient, and most important, no hard pushing. An id that u can leave your dream home to him. I would say so far Jim has met all my requirement. Most important, my Reno is on schedule as i have given him a tight deadline of 2 months completion.

As for workmanships, as it is still in progress, I can't comment yet. But based on what is completed, I would say they are great. Price wise I won't say they are the lowest, but at least I can leave my mind at least and not worry that the Id running away w my money. .

I will post my pic when my house is completed. Meanwhile I can pm if u need my Id contact.

Hi Tricia,

Can you pm me your ID contact?

Thanks.

TiriciaTan makes a great points... choose an ID that has been established for many years, and no hard pushing. I visited many may IDs and you can really 'feel' the difference after your see so many. Get someone you can trust 100% and is on the ball. Try to negotiate hard on terms, get a deadline for completion as part of the contract, and good warranty. If you can, try to see an example of their workmanship from a past or current project. Then, once it starts, visit the project often, and speak up if things are different from your expectation so that things can be rectified fast and that the the subcontractors know that you are not a pushover.

Good luck! I have had a really enjoyable renovation experience with my chosen ID. PM me if you want the details. I've made an open-concept kitchen, redone living/dining space, new built in wardrobes in each bedroom, and new bathroom cabinets. Really happy with outcome :)

Hi,

Appreciate if you can pm me your ID details.

Thanks.

Hi Tricia

Im getting the keys to my condo at the end of the month, so would appreciate if you could share the contact of your contractor/ ID.

Many thanks!!

Sheryl

sheryl.y.teo@gmail.com

Hi Sheryl,

I also just got my keys to my condo. Can you pm me which ID you engaged?

Hi,

Anyone seeking for painting services with professional painter, can kindly me an email @ simply4ofus@hotmail.com and i will provide you with all the necessary information and enquiries.

thanks,

Brian

Hi Guys,

Just sharing. There's an interior design fair happening this weekend at 20 Bedok South Road, Level 2.

Apparently it's organised by this new interior design portal, Cromly.com. The event started last weekend. Looks decent. I think they have a number of good IDs with them. It's ending this weekend.

I am drawn to their brand identity. Looks like they are pretty design savvy. Anyone looking for IDs urgently should check it out.

Can win $25,000 in their lucky draw!

See more details at their FB page. www.facebook.com/cromly

Good luck!

How is it different or risky to engage a ID who is not a HDB contractor?

Realised some of the IDs are not inside the list... and it seems like all IDs can do everything and there are so many many IDs around.

Hard to choose!

After research i found out that alot ID either is popular or not are not listed in HDB listed licence contractors. My family last time engage a ID with HDB licence but also do a bad job. Any advise?

HDB licence doesn't mean is good contractors. Is actually for hacking work. What i know alot of ID are not listed. However not listed doesn't concern much. As long is a legit company and responsible ID.