Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
honeykitty

G&c <猫窝> @ Sengkang

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi honey! I got the same project as you :)

Just collected keys last week too.

anyway, I also think your draft 1 colors seems more cosy feel :P

hope to see more updates from you

Hihi easter...great to see you...hope to see more neighbours here

Hi honey! I got the same project as you :)

Just collected keys last week too.

anyway, I also think your draft 1 colors seems more cosy feel :P

hope to see more updates from you

Sharing my amended design of my Living Room...somehow, i still dun like the divider design, it look "heavy" sitting there..hahah....any recommendation? Something simple and easy to maintain....

image_zpsc0620547.jpeg

you might want to remove the shoe cabinet and lessen the diameter of the divider. In 3d it looks spacious your living room but in real life its not that spacious.

our living rooms are similar so petite.... lol

Sharing my amended design of my Living Room...somehow, i still dun like the divider design, it look "heavy" sitting there..hahah....any recommendation? Something simple and easy to maintain....

image_zpsc0620547.jpeg

Do you wanna build a full-height shoe rack so that you can hide the empty space on the left wall and also maximise the storage space for shoes? I'm not sure about others but I feel it look kinda "empty" for the space above your current shoe rack.

Anyway, it's just a small suggestion. If you feel otherwise, it's okay, hahahaha.. :lol:

Ya like what drunkenchivas said, the place is not as big as we see from floor plan. But because you are putting your dining table there, I suppose you only left the divider area to do your shoe cabinet, can try reducing the divider thickness.

I think because fengshui masters always say that try not to put shoes at a level above your height which is why some people are doing maybe half height shoe cabinets nowadays, I also doing a suspended 4 ft shoe cabinet but mine is at the side beside the door as I did not do any divider.

anyway, honeykitty I can share with you the ready inside of the house, so that you can gauge for yourself the space for your planning since we have the same floor plan :)

(pardon the messy pamphlets, haha)

living2_zpsdab355e0.jpeg

Ya like what drunkenchivas said, the place is not as big as we see from floor plan. But because you are putting your dining table there, I suppose you only left the divider area to do your shoe cabinet, can try reducing the divider thickness.

I think because fengshui masters always say that try not to put shoes at a level above your height which is why some people are doing maybe half height shoe cabinets nowadays, I also doing a suspended 4 ft shoe cabinet but mine is at the side beside the door as I did not do any divider.

anyway, honeykitty I can share with you the ready inside of the house, so that you can gauge for yourself the space for your planning since we have the same floor plan :)

(pardon the messy pamphlets, haha)

living2_zpsdab355e0.jpeg

Hey Easter,

Are you serious on the "fengshui masters always say that try not to put shoes at a level above your height"? :jawdrop:

I didn't know about that and I have already instructed my ID to proceed with a full height shoe cabinet. The carpenter is working on it now.

Gosh... I think my house design & layout violate a lot of fengshui principles, let's hope that everything will be smooth for my family and I after we move to Punggol. :unsure:

Hey Easter,

Are you serious on the "fengshui masters always say that try not to put shoes at a level above your height"? :jawdrop:

I didn't know about that and I have already instructed my ID to proceed with a full height shoe cabinet. The carpenter is working on it now.

Gosh... I think my house design & layout violate a lot of fengshui principles, let's hope that everything will be smooth for my family and I after we move to Punggol. :unsure:

Don't worry Ben, I believe you didn't consult any FSM rite? So don't need to bother with all this restrictions make yourself headache only.

If you engage one, you must follow, if not spend money for what.

We didn't consult FSM, if every single thing need to follow, our dream home may not be one anymore :P

Full height shoe cabinet upper area can also add as storage area mah not only necessary for shoes, it's ok one, fully utilize the space cheers

Hey Easter,

Hi Bengologist,

For the shoes above your height was actually shown on TV. And my FSM explained the reason to me:

Shoes are constantly stick to Earth when walking and carries a lot of Earth on them. And if you are "buried" by Earth, you should know what it signifies.

TV's (Mark Lee) explaination is:

You keep getting "stepped" by people coz shoes are above you.

Don't worry Ben, I believe you didn't consult any FSM rite? So don't need to bother with all this restrictions make yourself headache only.

If you engage one, you must follow, if not spend money for what.

We didn't consult FSM, if every single thing need to follow, our dream home may not be one anymore :P

Full height shoe cabinet upper area can also add as storage area mah not only necessary for shoes, it's ok one, fully utilize the space cheers

Hahaha.. I didn't consult any FSM. Thought I'm only violating a couple of FS common rules (eg reflective glass wardrobe beside bed, leg facing room entrance) but as I browse through the renotalk forum, I realised that I have violated quite a few. Hopefully everything will be okay in the future. :o

Hi Bengologist,

For the shoes above your height was actually shown on TV. And my FSM explained the reason to me:

Shoes are constantly stick to Earth when walking and carries a lot of Earth on them. And if you are "buried" by Earth, you should know what it signifies.

TV's (Mark Lee) explaination is:

You keep getting "stepped" by people coz shoes are above you.

Hahaha! I didn't watch the reno-show on TV! :(

Thanks for the explanation. I guess I got to pray more often now that I have erected a full height shoe rack in my living room. :(:(:(

Thanks for all the great comments and advice...im doin the divider for fengshui purpose...and shoe cabinet to maximize the space use.....thanks easter for the pic...visited my neighbour house..they doin the same as mine....so the layout works well...not cramp in my opinion.....cant wait for key collection....

Mirror at the side of the bed is ok....but not in front of the bed...which u will see urself everyday when u wake up...thats y some ppl dun wana put tv in front of the bed also....

Yesterday Shopping loots>>>>> Aussino Silk Quilt (King Size) @ S$155, 40% disc~. Any purchase above S$120, you can get their 18pcs dinning wear @ S$15, (RP: S$34.95)