Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Easter

Our Cosy Place In Sengkang :)

Hi all, have been reading up on this forum for some time to learn from other members about all the details in reno stuffs.
Finally come the chance for us to really have the opportunity to do up our own house :)

Anyway, we just received our keys to our new place last week. So now is the exciting period for us to really plan and set up our new place.

7acf774b-a373-4ee1-8462-2beb477ecd6d_zps

As we have opted for the floor tiles and doors previously, though is really tempted to do laminate flooring, but will just give it a miss. After sourcing for IDs and contractors previously in the past few weeks to meet our budget for a simple home setup. Now is waiting for the 3D drawing and layout from them :)

Meanwhile we did our shopping around to source for furnitures, air-con, electrical appliances etc.. Waiting for GSS to start our pocket bleeding haha.
So far the only thing we bought is Rinnai Hob & Hood haha.

Due to the small kitchen size, we decided to get a 2 burner Hob, as our ID suggested that our stove, sink and fridge in one line so we have to gauge the size so they won't be too cramp

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Easter!

May I know where you bought your Rinnai hob and which model?

I am thinking of getting one too, hope to find a best price for it.

Thank you!

Hi Granitetop,

I didn't bought it from a shop. I just happened to pass by Expo fair last sunday when they are having this electronic fair.

And I think mine is not the best price, more of package price only.. maybe you can check around see whether have cheaper one.

Initially also thinking of Fujioh too since also from japan, but I think we happen to see rinnai so just got it, abit impulsive :bleah:

This person who sold me the hob and hood set I think their shop is based in ang mo kio, at first we still thought they are from Rinnai haha, if you want the address then I PM you.

Anyway My Hob is RB-7502D-GBS (sales person mentioned that the glass is of better quality and glass surface is lifetime warranty)

My Hood is RH-7502D-GBS (Like the concept that the metal plate above is tilted in a way that it will make the excess oil flow to the catch)

We still keep the phamplet with us heh..

ours is the first one , the $775 package

hobamphood_zpsdae389df.jpg

hi easter! congrats on ur new place! keep us all updated on ur reno journey! =) any theme ur going to adopt?

by the way...im looking at Rinnai Hob and Hood too....v plan to hv 3 burner hob....can PM me the shop's address??? Thanks...

glass top/ stainless steel top is better????

another 2 brands that we are looking at is Techno and Fujioh.....duno which 1 is good....we are more price concious type :D

Hi Easte,

Is your house project Riverview arc?

Hi jessmt, yes my project is rivervale Arc, finally the long wait is over :)

Welcome to RT & Sengkang, Easter :rolleyes:

Thx dreamzgal :D

hi easter! congrats on ur new place! keep us all updated on ur reno journey! =) any theme ur going to adopt?

thanks ChinSer, not really a theme but we should be going minimalist, keeping things simple for our space constraint home while don't compromise on functionality

by the way...im looking at Rinnai Hob and Hood too....v plan to hv 3 burner hob....can PM me the shop's address??? Thanks...

glass top/ stainless steel top is better????

another 2 brands that we are looking at is Techno and Fujioh.....duno which 1 is good....we are more price concious type :D

Hi honeykitty, I have PMed you. Stainless steel top should be better in term of functionality and more lasting according to our parents, glass hob may have a issue to crack due to wear and tear but of course glass hob looks better which is why we still go for the glass type hehe. Fujioh and techno is also on my list previously, I believe they are good too, so you can shop around see which is the ideal one for you and also cost effectively :P

Hi Granitetop,

I didn't bought it from a shop. I just happened to pass by Expo fair last sunday when they are having this electronic fair.

And I think mine is not the best price, more of package price only.. maybe you can check around see whether have cheaper one.

Initially also thinking of Fujioh too since also from japan, but I think we happen to see rinnai so just got it, abit impulsive :bleah:

This person who sold me the hob and hood set I think their shop is based in ang mo kio, at first we still thought they are from Rinnai haha, if you want the address then I PM you.

Anyway My Hob is RB-7502D-GBS (sales person mentioned that the glass is of better quality and glass surface is lifetime warranty)

My Hood is RH-7502D-GBS (Like the concept that the metal plate above is tilted in a way that it will make the excess oil flow to the catch)

We still keep the phamplet with us heh..

ours is the first one , the $775 package

hobamphood_zpsdae389df.jpg

Thanks Easter! The hob looks neat. I am thinking of the inner flame one..

Yes would love to have the shop contact, pls PM me. Thanks in advance.

btw, I read somewhere, from greencoal's blog, that rinnai glasstop not lifetime guarantee, only 1 yr.

Honeykitty, I am looking at Rinnai 3 hobs too. maybe we can compare price and buy together see can get better price.

ce107307-b0df-4095-9a96-c3e793b7e70d_zpsip065192-2.jpg

Took us quite some time to find the ideal type of study room concept that both of us wanted for our home office, may also be considering to add a recliner sofa chair for a cosy book reading corner :)

The top cabinet will be all covered up by casement doors, we cannot imagine the amount of dust it will accumulated if we don't.

Thanks Easter! The hob looks neat. I am thinking of the inner flame one..

Yes would love to have the shop contact, pls PM me. Thanks in advance.

btw, I read somewhere, from greencoal's blog, that rinnai glasstop not lifetime guarantee, only 1 yr.

Honeykitty, I am looking at Rinnai 3 hobs too. maybe we can compare price and buy together see can get better price.

omg, I will want to check on this too, I saw the lifetime warranty sticker on the glass hob the person told me which makes me commit that time and thinking it is tempered glass. Hmm.. I will check with the person again,.

Oh ya the sale person also recommended me to the inner flame hob saying cleaning is a breeze, but its too expensive which is why I decided to drop it, I think the Hob alone cost $700+ but it is made of tempered glass so I guess should be safer

Hey Easter,

Welcome to RT and welcome you to the northeast side of Singapore. Guess you can say we're neighbours since Punggol & Sengkang are side-by-side. Hahaha! :jammin:

Glad to see that you have started a T-blog too!

Good luck on your reno!

Cheeeeeeers! :good::good::good:

Hi honeykitty, I have PMed you. Stainless steel top should be better in term of functionality and more lasting according to our parents, glass hob may have a issue to crack due to wear and tear but of course glass hob looks better which is why we still go for the glass type hehe. Fujioh and techno is also on my list previously, I believe they are good too, so you can shop around see which is the ideal one for you and also cost effectively :P

I have gotten a glass type Hob as the glass is lifetime warranty and that it indeed look much prettier than stainless steel hob. Hahaha! :notti:

Oh btw, mine is Tecno. I heard from various salespersonnel (except Fujioh promoters) that Tecno is a better brand than Fujioh. I'm not sure about Rinnai though. Ha! :P