Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Easter

Our Cosy Place In Sengkang :)

Tecno brand is cheaper than Rinnai....most probably to get stainless steel top to match the hood and stainless steel sheet backing at the cooking area...matching..hahaha

I have gotten a glass type Hob as the glass is lifetime warranty and that it indeed look much prettier than stainless steel hob. Hahaha! :notti:

Oh btw, mine is Tecno. I heard from various salespersonnel (except Fujioh promoters) that Tecno is a better brand than Fujioh. I'm not sure about Rinnai though. Ha! :P

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Tecno brand is cheaper than Rinnai....most probably to get stainless steel top to match the hood and stainless steel sheet backing at the cooking area...matching..hahaha

Yeah awesome! Let's go TECHNO together! :jammin:

Hahahaha! :lol:

Wooo... allow me to share my personal experience with the stainless steel hob & backing.

In reality, it's not easy to maintain. After oil splatter on the backing, you need more effort & efficient cleaners to clean it and you will need to clean it every time after there are stains. The same happens to the hob.

Heard from sales that the inner flame type is practical if Hob is near windows so that the flame won't flicker or go off so easily.

If the flame flickers, the food will take a longer time to cook :unsure:

I'm going for glass surface so hopefully I don't have to work so hard to maintain the cleaniness. :wacko:

Edited by dreamzgal

Hey Easter,

Welcome to RT and welcome you to the northeast side of Singapore. Guess you can say we're neighbours since Punggol & Sengkang are side-by-side. Hahaha! :jammin:

Glad to see that you have started a T-blog too!

Good luck on your reno!

Cheeeeeeers! :good::good::good:

Thanks ben , haha yeah sengkang and punggol is so close to each other, can see from your T-blog that your reno is coming to an end soon, hope to see the finished product of your house soon :)

Ya Tecno is cheaper, I think ultimately also depend on how heavy do you use the kitchen. If it is heavy duty cooking type, better to invest in a durable type like stainless type.

Wooo... allow me to share my personal experience with the stainless steel hob & backing.

In reality, it's not easy to maintain. After oil splatter on the backing, you need more effort & efficient cleaners to clean it and you will need to clean it every time after there are stains. The same happens to the hob.

Heard from sales that the inner flame type is practical if Hob is near windows so that the flame won't flicker or go off so easily.

I'm going for glass surface so hopefully I don't have to work so hard to maintain the cleaniness. :wacko:

Thanks for sharing dreamzgal, we haven't select any backsplash for our kitchen just plain tiles, hope it is not a nightmare to clean up.

Also I think it's better to get a hob with a safety valve that cut off gas supply if the flame is been extinguished by wind more for safety side.

i guess it is same for both stainless steel & glass toping...still need to clean everytime after cook right???hahah

i guess it is same for both stainless steel & glass toping...still need to clean everytime after cook right???hahah

Haha.. .you are correct ah!

Must clean after cooking... just that the oil stains are not easy to come off :jawdrop:

Hopefully the glass hob is easier to clean bah...

HI,

I have also been considering the pros and cons of stainless steel and tampered glass. I made my decisions based on the following. If any of it helps you, that is great....;P

After much thinking and research about durability, safety, usage, aesthetics etc.. these are my findings...

1) Rinnai Lifetime Warranty - My understanding of this Rinnai lifetime warranty is that they warranty it for lifetime , but they will only change the glass once . After that you have to pay 300 to change it. I asked about the inner flame ceran glass model RB 2CG & 3CG.

2) Stainless Steel - The stainless steel over a period of time has a high tendency to rust, but that does not mean it will rust. A lot of it depends on how well you take care of it. Do you clean after every cooking session thoroughly and then clean again with dry clothe . I know of people whose stainless steel rush within 3 years and others never rust for at least 6 years.... A lot depends on your maintenance.

Rinnai-hob---rust.jpg

3) Scratches - Scratches can occur on both Stainless Steel as well as glass . It how well you take care of it.

4) Tampered Glass - Compared to Stainless Steel, Glass will not rust :P , however it will crack if not taken care properly or use improperly. So you gotta evaluate which is more important to you. Crack or rust? All of it depends again on how you use it.

516371.jpg

Also there is two types of glass in Rinnai Selection, Tampered glass and Ceran Glass. There are lots of details on the differences, but in essence ceran glass is more tougher than just tampered glass. But the cost is also higher. So you got to evaluate based on your usage , maintenance schedule , budget ...which is better for you.

hope this brief intro of what little I know helps you.

hoho,

another neighbour! Hi I'm from Rivervale Arc as well, start your renovating already?

180c neighbour here.

Hi drunkenchivas, yes blk 180C too :)

If everything is according to plan, should be starting next week :notti:

HI,

I have also been considering the pros and cons of stainless steel and tampered glass. I made my decisions based on the following. If any of it helps you, that is great....;P

After much thinking and research about durability, safety, usage, aesthetics etc.. these are my findings...

1) Rinnai Lifetime Warranty - My understanding of this Rinnai lifetime warranty is that they warranty it for lifetime , but they will only change the glass once . After that you have to pay 300 to change it. I asked about the inner flame ceran glass model RB 2CG & 3CG.

2) Stainless Steel - The stainless steel over a period of time has a high tendency to rust, but that does not mean it will rust. A lot of it depends on how well you take care of it. Do you clean after every cooking session thoroughly and then clean again with dry clothe . I know of people whose stainless steel rush within 3 years and others never rust for at least 6 years.... A lot depends on your maintenance.

Rinnai-hob---rust.jpg

3) Scratches - Scratches can occur on both Stainless Steel as well as glass . It how well you take care of it.

4) Tampered Glass - Compared to Stainless Steel, Glass will not rust :P , however it will crack if not taken care properly or use improperly. So you gotta evaluate which is more important to you. Crack or rust? All of it depends again on how you use it.

516371.jpg

Also there is two types of glass in Rinnai Selection, Tampered glass and Ceran Glass. There are lots of details on the differences, but in essence ceran glass is more tougher than just tampered glass. But the cost is also higher. So you got to evaluate based on your usage , maintenance schedule , budget ...which is better for you.

hope this brief intro of what little I know helps you.

I see, thanks for sharing Jaykr :) Ya whatever backing you are using, basic maintainence is still necessary so just go with whatever you want. :thumbs up:

went to do some GSS shopping last weekend at Gain city, initially wanted to go expo see see but due to time constraint , we did our shopping in just one location which is still quite a good buy.

06c0b311-2137-44cf-91de-080b058c6bb4_zps

Samsung RT54QBSL 407L

We managed to get this fridge at $775 with the free pot too :notti:

washing_machine2_zps3fc00549.jpg

Samsung Top Load washing machine WA95W9 2 ticks @ $299, courts and Harvey norman going at $339.

LG-microwave_zpseaa753b8.jpg

LG Microwave MS2342D @ $139

we like its I-sensor that can automatically set cooking time and heat level, will defrost your food without cooking it instead.

That's all for now, we haven't find a suitable dining table yet and pend our TV system too

Lg_tv_zps17dc77f3.jpglg_nb-2430a_zps14981312.jpg

eyeing this LED TV model:

LG 47LS4600 LED TV with a 3D surround sound bar :jammin:

too bad we missed the offer @ $790, now still sourcing around :~

we bought some lights from taobao. Mostly downlights and ceiling lights. But now still haven't decide for the dining area hanging light yet.

We went to star lighting @ hougang to see their hanging light as we cannot visualise the lights from just the pictures in taobao, we shortlist and just left this 2 to finalise haha

single big dining light

3 pieces crystal dining light

we got our LED downlight here

5 inch 12 W

we bought some lights from taobao. Mostly downlights and ceiling lights. But now still haven't decide for the dining area hanging light yet.

We went to star lighting @ hougang to see their hanging light as we cannot visualise the lights from just the pictures in taobao, we shortlist and just left this 2 to finalise haha

single big dining light

3 pieces crystal dining light

we got our LED downlight here

5 inch 12 W

wow i've been eyeing the same downlight as u. without shipping it's roughly 1/3 the price of a square downlight in singapore. Have u received it yet?

Most of the downlights in taobao are circular.

another good thing is that it's a 4000K instead of usual 3000k which i feel is too warm.

Edited by lala81

haha, ya very hard to find square downlights in TB, not yet received. I just ordered yesterday.

I found star lighting selling 5 Inch 12 W square at $39 (made in china), but no warranty so also no point.

Edited by Easter