Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Easter

Our Cosy Place In Sengkang :)

wana to check, do you guys get rain shower head sys from Taobao??? i have some Q to ask regarding the rain shower head. Notice that the shower hose provide by HDB is round 1. if let sa i were to re-use the existing shower hose to install the rain shower head, i can only get round type right?? coz i source around, square rain shower head is come with square shower hose..round rain shower head is round shower hose...issit like this??

hi honeykitty, sorry I'm not sure on this part, have no experience as I did not change my rain shower, maybe can check with your ID before you buy?

my vessel delay.... stay tune for updates at my blog.

bought sink, lights, clock,containers, passageway lights..... wao wee.... spend alot on tb lei

I see, I think lights most important if your ceiling work is starting. Others still ok, haha true abit abit add up a lot lei lol

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Minor updates, didn't really have the time to dropped by our new place due to hectic work schedule. Only managed to went up today and saw that the electrical work and gas piping is done, now so looking forward to our L-shape false ceiling design in the living room, hopefully it will turns out good :)

gas-piping_zps5a2267e3.jpg

Gas piping done up with electrical point for hood

living_ceiling_zpsd2b66289.jpeg

Living room wiring done up for downlights and cove lights, I think it looks kinda funny here because the false ceiling is not up yet.

corrider_zpsb04d7872.jpeg

The wiring done up for the passageway as there are going to be 2 downlights there as well.

studyroom_wiring_zps4d33c4de.jpeg

My study room wiring work, I realise there is consealed wiring done up, and my ID is so nice to help me install a switch for my study table lights.

I think that's all for now, next progress should be air con piping followed by false ceiling installation.

image_zps6cb3174b.jpg

Air con piping was completed, I choose to do it at the outside of the room instead of behind the carpentry work in the 2 rooms. So my ID suggested that I can hide it with a boxup later.

image_zps4d755190.jpg

All my lightings from taobao consolidated and ready for light fitting. Waiting for one more batch of taobao purchase to arrive on the 20th :notti:

image_zpsb3225b63.jpgimage_zpsfa741c33.jpg

some preview of the ceiling lights(left) and MBR foyer light(right).

Can't wait to see all the carpentry and ceiling up soon, will update soon :)

nice!!! I think I got the same ice cube lights as urs, but is normal fitting not down lights fitting :D

ya, it's very nice. Can't wait to see it up :)

How're your taobao lights?

Hi juxstapose, the lightings are not up yet. Looking at exterior side all is looking good, but can only comment only all is been fix up. Will update again on Tuesday when everything is up :)

Some minor updates on ceiling works :

aircon_zps353eb50e.jpg

A very neat job of box up to conceal the air con piping that is running through the common corrider, almost didn't realise it till I see closely.

ceiling_zps016994c3.jpg

My L shape false ceiling is up, now is awaiting the downlight and covelight installation :) My main carpentry work will be next Tuesday, together will be fixing up the lights.

Edited by Easter

Will be sharing links for the taobao lights that I bought :)

Square LED downlights 5 inch 12 W : Link here

downlight_zps9f5a0ede.jpg

3 pieces crystal hanging lights : Link here

hanginglights_zpsa4d78a0c.jpg

Glass cube light I bought for my MBR foyer : Link here

foyer_light_zps4c880117.jpg

Ceiling lights for all my bedrooms (I got the 18W one) : Link here

ceiling_lights_bedroom_zps7b598091.png

My toilet, bomb shelter lights: Link here

toilet_lights_zpsd776fcbf.jpg

Hope it helps, all this help me save on quite a lot of $$ on lighting :D

TB is just too addictive, I still have a batch on items arriving on the 20th. I'm using peeka by the way thanks to Bengologist's recommendation, no hassle and good service :)

pending_purchase_zps580f44e8.png

Edited by Easter

Hows the quality of the lights u bought? The tracks if my ttsck lights r a little flimsy. Need to get new ones but the hamburger lights are of quite good quality. Pendant lights not yet up but crossing my fingers

N yes peeka service is really good. They were able to deliver at my requested time. The staff were also very responsive in the online comments box too.

Edited by juxstapose

Will be sharing links for the taobao lights that I bought :)

Square LED downlights 5 inch 12 W : Link here

downlight_zps9f5a0ede.jpg

3 pieces crystal hanging lights : Link here

hanginglights_zpsa4d78a0c.jpg

Glass cube light I bought for my MBR foyer : Link here

foyer_light_zps4c880117.jpg

Ceiling lights for all my bedrooms (I got the 18W one) : Link here

ceiling_lights_bedroom_zps7b598091.png

My toilet, bomb shelter lights: Link here

toilet_lights_zpsd776fcbf.jpg

Hope it helps, all this help me save on quite a lot of $$ on lighting :D

TB is just too addictive, I still have a batch on items arriving on the 20th. I'm using peeka by the way thanks to Bengologist's recommendation, no hassle and good service :)

pending_purchase_zps580f44e8.png

Wow! That's a long list of items! And what surprised me the most is that all the prices are very reasonable! Guess you are a better Taobao bargain-hunter than me! Hahaha! :lol:

Btw, I love the carpet! :wub: It looks like it's worth every single cent of the 28 bucks you are paying. :good:

Hows the quality of the lights u bought? The tracks if my ttsck lights r a little flimsy. Need to get new ones but the hamburger lights are of quite good quality. Pendant lights not yet up but crossing my fingers

N yes peeka service is really good. They were able to deliver at my requested time. The staff were also very responsive in the online comments box too.

Quality wise, condition is quite good. well packaged and in good condition, but I haven't installed it yet so can comment only after I switch it on and see the brightness. Only got one issue with my crystal hanging light, one of the light metal piece was broken maybe to transportation. But Peeka was very nice, they liased with the seller and send me a new one without charging me extra and shipping, so a thumbs up to their service :)

Wow! That's a long list of items! And what surprised me the most is that all the prices are very reasonable! Guess you are a better Taobao bargain-hunter than me! Hahaha! :lol:

Btw, I love the carpet! :wub: It looks like it's worth every single cent of the 28 bucks you are paying. :good:

haha, ya going to taobao is to find good bargain mah :P I think we learn from every members here, looking to find good deals :D ya quite looking forward to see the carpet too :)

can i hv the ottoman and the carpet link :)

Thanks thanks

there you goes honeykitty,

ottoman

carpet

An exciting day for us as carpentry work is up today. Went down to look at the workmanship as this is the area we spend bulk of our $$ in the reno so DIE DIE must double check haha. When we went in, the carpenter was taking picture of our feature wall, he was quite pleased with the turn out effect and so do us. Love the mosaic feel black laminate for the TV feature wall and shoe cabinet, and the TV console shape. Because we can't really visualise from the 3D drawing initially. But the after effect is very good. Now the pictures will do the talking :)

IMG_3196_zps4887e525.jpg

The black lines on the feature wall are actually black tinted mirror stripes.

IMG_3202_zps05e1537b.jpg

Our half height shoe cabinet with settee, we will be getting a mat to place below to place our common wear shoes / slippers :)

IMG_3205_zps671bd388.jpg

IMG_3207_zps54433677.jpgIMG_3210_zps3e2a9f3d.jpg

Master bedroom wardrobe design with our customised accessories installed :D We chose black and white leather type laminate for the exterior colours and luckily it turns out quite up to our expectation

IMG_3213_zps8744da4d.jpg

Our study table and cabinet. Quite like the effect it turn out :D

With carpentry done up, house reno is considered at least 70 percent done finally, left light installation, plumbling works and painting :jammin:

Edited by Easter

An exciting day for us as carpentry work is up today. Went down to look at the workmanship as this is the area we spend bulk of our $$ in the reno so DIE DIE must double check haha. When we went in, the carpenter was taking picture of our feature wall, he was quite pleased with the turn out effect and so do us. Love the mosaic feel black laminate for the TV feature wall and shoe cabinet, and the TV console shape. Because we can't really visualise from the 3D drawing initially. But the after effect is very good. Now the pictures will do the talking :)

IMG_3196_zps4887e525.jpg

The black lines on the feature wall are actually black tinted mirror stripes.

IMG_3202_zps05e1537b.jpg

Our half height shoe cabinet with settee, we will be getting a mat to place below to place our common wear shoes / slippers :)

IMG_3205_zps671bd388.jpg

IMG_3207_zps54433677.jpgIMG_3210_zps3e2a9f3d.jpg

Master bedroom wardrobe design with our customised accessories installed :D We chose black and white leather type laminate for the exterior colours and luckily it turns out quite up to our expectation

IMG_3213_zps8744da4d.jpg

Our study table and cabinet. Quite like the effect it turn out :D

With carpentry done up, house reno is considered at least 70 percent done finally, left light installation, plumbling works and painting :jammin:

Wow! The carpentry works look amazing! I'm starting to regret my choice of opting out of a TV feature wall & console after seeing how beautiful yours are. Hahaha! :lol: