Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
silvergorilla

5Rm Pinnacle@duxton By Contactor K

I noticed you boxed up your a/c unit. I'm thinking of doing the same too but was advise against it as a/c might not be cold, once it's concealed.

How did you ensure the a/c has enough space, cool air etc?

Hi Septh...... to be honest, I cannot really give you guidelines on the spacing etc.... since this is my first attempt as well..... haha... we were also worried that the air will not circulate properly

just to share with you..... we had at least a 10cm spacing all around the aircon to give it some space to suck air.... and for servicing

the door is about 15-20cm away with a generous cut out infront with mesh..... the door cannot be too close else there might be condensation

so far its been ok..... i suspect the mesh will disrupt the airflow slighty.... but so far its been fine.... esp during the last few days of haze

my wife and I are not huge fans of aircon... we use the fans 85% of the time.

Edited by silvergorilla

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Very nice decor indeed..

Maybe a kickass home theatre system to go with your new home...

Subscribed to your blog...

Might borrow some ideas for a new home too...

thanks!.... feel free to borrow... no need to return after use.... haha!

cement screed problems we had... random tiny oil portholes.... I am not sure if it happen to us only.... my friend did not have this issue either

IMG_0195_zps464f4dc3.jpg

but of course the contractor K took care of it.

Edited by silvergorilla

thanks!... I am glad my photos help convince your hubs.... at least can help someone :good: .... I like to thank pinkwhale and paloma for sharing their renov as well... helped us makes some informed decision about laminates.

geometric prints was out of fashion for a while... but its making a comeback in the last couple of years...

actually my common bathroom black hex mosiac + white grout looks a bit cartoon.... if i had to do it again I would use black grout.... would have look a bit more classy..... so please learn from my mistake....

Hi

We have actually done up our toilets. Black hex tiles for our mbr toilet with white grout too. You can go see our t blog. We prefer white grout though as we are very cartoon people haha

Hi

We have actually done up our toilets. Black hex tiles for our mbr toilet with white grout too. You can go see our t blog. We prefer white grout though as we are very cartoon people haha

I just checked out your T-blog.... I think we both completed our bathroom at about the same time..... but i have to say that your tiler really did a very good job cutting your tiles..... they look really straight and consistent!..... mine does not look that good up close..... the grouting is a bit too generous and thick I feel.... haha

Hi, can share where you bought the rustic looking standing fan in your living room?

hi June, nice bacherlotte pad you have.... I think the fan will fit in nicely...

my wife bought it at Best Denki Vivocity August 2012..... Mistral brand.... quite cheap :)

Edited by silvergorilla

I just checked out your T-blog.... I think we both completed our bathroom at about the same time..... but i have to say that your tiler really did a very good job cutting your tiles..... they look really straight and consistent!..... mine does not look that good up close..... the grouting is a bit too generous and thick I feel.... haha

Our tilers are actually the same. We recognize them. One antagonistic and one friendly. But maybe we are easily satisfied lol

thanks!... well the cement screed did give us some problem which Mr K highlight:

1) hairline cracks..... despite our efforts to partition the cement screed with metal strips..... we still get hairline cracks especially in the kitchen due to the weight of the island kitchen and full height cabinetry... its something that we have to live with... I dun really mind though...

2) oily tiny portholes.... for some strange reason, tiny holes on the cement screed started to appear randomly dueing the hardening process.... my wife was a bit upset about this, but of course Mr K help us cover them up.... from far you can't really see them.... besides... if one decides to go for unepoxy "messy effect" cement screed, one should not be too fussy about these defects...

we chose NOT to epoxy a layer on the cement screed.... so in the beginning the cement screed felt really rough and powdery... but as time went on, it became smoother.... its something to take note as well :)

I had cement screed with epoxy for the walls at the dining area and upper section of the walls above the kitchen cabinets , and the passage way outside the enlarged bathroom leading to the utility room at my open-concept walkup apartment before. I remember telling my ID/friend that my budget runs out at the enlarged bathroom with a separate shower area and a long bathtub, She chose to use cement screed for the passage way to the utility room and the utility room's floor. Love the results.

The hairlibe cracks at my old apartnent are not noticeable besides a hairline crack at the utility room area. I am fine with hairline cracks and I does minimal cooking so the oil spill at the upper section of the half height kitchen cabinet is kept to a minimum.

The epoxy was a little intimidating initially but I love how the colors evolved over the years.

hi June, nice bacherlotte pad you have.... I think the fan will fit in nicely...

my wife bought it at Best Denki Vivocity August 2012..... Mistral brand.... quite cheap :)

Thanks! You even remember the month and year! I doubt they have it now.. In fact, I think the current range of fans is very limited. :)

P1140009_zps1bb02166.jpg

Hi Silvergorilla,

I just wanna say your home is just gorgeous! And your master bathroom is just divine. :)

May I know which tile shop did you go to get those small square tiles on your master bathroom walls?

I think these tiles would be gorgeous on a bar counter too and I do hope to have a bar counter in my house when it is ready in Dec this year haha :) Thanks !

P1130911_zps9789caa6.jpg

hi Silvergorilla, lovely home... thanks for sharing.. May I ask where you get the chairs (Study) and if don't mind your 'damage' per pc. Thanks in advance

Our tilers are actually the same. We recognize them. One antagonistic and one friendly. But maybe we are easily satisfied lol

the antagonistic one like to smoke and tile..... haha

I had cement screed with epoxy for the walls at the dining area and upper section of the walls above the kitchen cabinets , and the passage way outside the enlarged bathroom leading to the utility room at my open-concept walkup apartment before. I remember telling my ID/friend that my budget runs out at the enlarged bathroom with a separate shower area and a long bathtub, She chose to use cement screed for the passage way to the utility room and the utility room's floor. Love the results.

The hairlibe cracks at my old apartnent are not noticeable besides a hairline crack at the utility room area. I am fine with hairline cracks and I does minimal cooking so the oil spill at the upper section of the half height kitchen cabinet is kept to a minimum.

The epoxy was a little intimidating initially but I love how the colors evolved over the years.

what did you say they epoxy was intimidating? did they give off a smell or something? how does it feel to touch?