Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
silvergorilla

5Rm Pinnacle@duxton By Contactor K

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Now I know why mr k said very nice!

Anyway I love geometric prints and have been wanting to get it for the longest time! Hubs refused saying it was ugly and out of fashion. After seeing your pics, he finally agreed to it so many thanks to you for that! :)

congratulations!

I like cement screed effect but the one you showed looks a little too messy for my liking :) Feast your eyes with more inspiration cement screed floorings/walls and show those that you like to Mr K?

And hope to see other more interesting choices for chairs besides the replicas of the eames chair :)

thanks guys!

yeah, we actually like cement screed that is not too homogenous.... and yes we agree that eames chair replicas are totally overused.... my wife and I agreed that we will not buy replicas since we are both designers by training.

buying replicas is piracy in 3D.... :no: :no: :no:

nice cement screed you have and another well-executed project by Mr K!

I am not against replicas if it is well made but chances are they will cost a premium too :)

Edited by sarah833

P1130911_zps9789caa6.jpg

Can't help but notice the headphone hanging on your PC monitor. Is that B&W P5? My wish list to-buy item in Amazon. ;)

Now I know why mr k said very nice!

Anyway I love geometric prints and have been wanting to get it for the longest time! Hubs refused saying it was ugly and out of fashion. After seeing your pics, he finally agreed to it so many thanks to you for that! :)

thanks!... I am glad my photos help convince your hubs.... at least can help someone :good: .... I like to thank pinkwhale and paloma for sharing their renov as well... helped us makes some informed decision about laminates.

geometric prints was out of fashion for a while... but its making a comeback in the last couple of years...

actually my common bathroom black hex mosiac + white grout looks a bit cartoon.... if i had to do it again I would use black grout.... would have look a bit more classy..... so please learn from my mistake....

• Like 1

I am not against replicas if it is well made but chances are they will cost a premium too :)

thanks!... well the cement screed did give us some problem which Mr K highlight:

1) hairline cracks..... despite our efforts to partition the cement screed with metal strips..... we still get hairline cracks especially in the kitchen due to the weight of the island kitchen and full height cabinetry... its something that we have to live with... I dun really mind though...

2) oily tiny portholes.... for some strange reason, tiny holes on the cement screed started to appear randomly dueing the hardening process.... my wife was a bit upset about this, but of course Mr K help us cover them up.... from far you can't really see them.... besides... if one decides to go for unepoxy "messy effect" cement screed, one should not be too fussy about these defects...

we chose NOT to epoxy a layer on the cement screed.... so in the beginning the cement screed felt really rough and powdery... but as time went on, it became smoother.... its something to take note as well :)

Edited by silvergorilla

I am not against people buying good grade replicas... haha... I am not a preacher... :good:

its just that both my wife and I are practising designers... so its not very correct for us to do it la... so we went for cheaper, lesser know design pieces

I noticed you boxed up your a/c unit. I'm thinking of doing the same too but was advise against it as a/c might not be cold, once it's concealed.

How did you ensure the a/c has enough space, cool air etc?

Can't help but notice the headphone hanging on your PC monitor. Is that B&W P5? My wish list to-buy item in Amazon. ;)

wah... you have sharp eyes.... yeah it is... bought it second hand, slightly used for $350... the original retail is overpriced i feel... do note that the inside of the detachable earpads can get moldy due to our humidity....

check out westone UM2 in ear monitor.... gives better sound for less..

Edited by silvergorilla

neon hex table from Grafunkt, jailbreak table from Air Division, cow skin from IKEA which was on clearace sale:

IMG_0782_zpsb7a67126.jpg

Very nice decor indeed..

Maybe a kickass home theatre system to go with your new home...

Subscribed to your blog...

Might borrow some ideas for a new home too...