Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ProjectH

Happy Couple Decorates: A House, Not Yet A Home

Haha no pix coz hub only took four miserable pix to show me when he's there on Tues and his skills cmi~ boo~

Alan watsapp me last night that l-box has been fixed and we have to decide on the paint code when we meet this weekend! Contractor chasing us and not the other way round. Lol. We are chillax clients.

Will take more pix when we go back over the weekend.

Hv a lovely weekend all~

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

A month has passed and progress has been steady. We do not have time to do renovation stuff during weekdays and are thankful Alan was accommodating to meet us on Sundays. Our tiles done, L-box up, electrical points shifted/added. Plumbing and painting next. A photo of Alan and Seb measuring the distance & discussing where to place the dining table.

10154163095_6738b0b309.jpg
Seb & Alan by Vi&Seb, on Flickr

Last weekend was sanitary and this weekend was settling our water heater, ceiling fan and aircon. We will be having two rainshower system installed in our bathrooms and was advised we need at least 35l and decided to go with popular Joven brand. And as for our ceiling fan, we got KDK V56VK in white. And as for aircon, we got Toshiba System 4 for its self cleaning function and that the compressor is Made in Japan. Have arranged two trips (One to do the trunking and another to install the units). Last nite, Seb went back and took some photos.

10166428036_7cd8242ffa.jpg
L-box by Vi&Seb, on Flickr

The water heater is up as well. The previous owners got a 25l and it fitted nicely in the common bathroom but we got a chunky 35l. Initially, it was to be place above the toilet bowl and Seb decided to place it in the kitchen and box up with cabinets. Sent Alan a text on Sunday and am glad he remember and it was nicely installed.

10166496283_4f698f1395.jpg
Joven water heater by Vi&Seb, on Flickr

Just collated and sent my Taobao shopping list to the shipping agent yesterday and likely to reach in 2-3 weeks time. Very last minute shopping!

No more procrastinating and window shopping but to firm up our decisions and pay $$$. Time to do some serious shopping!

Initially wanted to get the KDK fan in JB because it is at least 50% cheaper but the Msia model only comes in silver and we wanted white. Discuss with hub but we have no grey in our theme and reluctantly give up the substantial savings and got it locally.

10167661304_09619bcbe5_n.jpg
KDK Fan in white by Vi&Seb, on Flickr

My fault for ordering Taobao Lights so late. :( Works stop because they need to do the electricity before chemical wash and proceeding with the rest. Handover push back one week later.

Thank goodness my agent in China checked my purchases. The T5 I ordered came in broken pieces and she took a photo and show me. Notify the seller on Monday and arrived today and she is currently packing and preparing for shipment. Lost two precious days. Boo. :~

10304644325_e46c339bbd_n.jpg
photo(16) by Vi&Seb, on Flickr

Paint job is done. No daring colours. Safe & simple.

Met up with the carpenter. Not much carpentry and fuss free people with simple designs.

Went shopping on Sunday and yesterday! Shopping is fun!! :wub: Got hallway table, tv console and storage bed and queen-sized mattress. Our initial concept of our house is light Oak but now our chosen furniture are dark colours (Walnut & Teak). Just hope the different wood colours will blend in well. :blink:

My fault for ordering Taobao Lights so late. :( Works stop because they need to do the electricity before chemical wash and proceeding with the rest. Handover push back one week later.

Thank goodness my agent in China checked my purchases. The T5 I ordered came in broken pieces and she took a photo and show me. Notify the seller on Monday and arrived today and she is currently packing and preparing for shipment. Lost two precious days. Boo. :~

10304644325_e46c339bbd_n.jpg

photo(16) by Vi&Seb, on Flickr

Paint job is done. No daring colours. Safe & simple.

Met up with the carpenter. Not much carpentry and fuss free people with simple designs.

Went shopping on Sunday and yesterday! Shopping is fun!! :wub: Got hallway table, tv console and storage bed and queen-sized mattress. Our initial concept of our house is light Oak but now our chosen furniture are dark colours (Walnut & Teak). Just hope the different wood colours will blend in well. :blink:

at least they found out about the damage, so take heart from that!

we demand more photos!

at least they found out about the damage, so take heart from that!

we demand more photos!

Simple (boring) furniture brought off the shelf .. Dun think anyone will be interested to see .. :blink:

Simple (boring) furniture brought off the shelf .. Dun think anyone will be interested to see .. :blink:

LOL

the furniture are the fabric of the place so of course I'm interested in seeing!

I have the smallest kitchen layout ever. All IDs I met shake their head when they saw our layout. Boo.

Decided to go with white kitchen to make it look bigger. The 3D was done by my bestie foc to give me a general ideal. Not to scale and smaller than it looks.

10324973253_ee0d658f20_n.jpg
kitchen by Vi&Seb, on Flickr

Should I top up for glass top cabinet doors to make it brighter and bigger. Or it does not make any difference?

10324772805_97def6c032_n.jpg
kitchencabinetreal by Vi&Seb, on Flickr

I have the smallest kitchen layout ever. All IDs I met shake their head when they saw our layout. Boo.

Decided to go with white kitchen to make it look bigger. The 3D was done by my bestie foc to give me a general ideal. Not to scale and smaller than it looks.

Should I top up for glass top cabinet doors to make it brighter and bigger. Or it does not make any difference?

I prefer the white laminate...at least you dont have to worry about keeping everything really neat. LOL

Vote for all white. The glass will allow one to see through somewhat i.e more visual clutter, more busy and will look smaller

The right kind of lighting will help to make it look bigger!

Absolutely trust u two. White laminate it is. Speaking of which, I haven't got my kitchen lights!! Haven decide to get practical (boring) lights or pendant lights. I am soooo close to getting pendant lights from TB but decided it is a hassle to clean (went to frd's house who has pendant lights installed in kitchen and saw that dirt has accumulated ard the wire). Likely to get boring lights for practical reasons. Oh well, definitely need to start shopping for one this weekend.

I prefer the white laminate...at least you dont have to worry about keeping everything really neat. LOL