Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Astarz

The Grey Haunt

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

love what you did for your house! and I absolutely agree with you about being patient & not to point fingers. very good point. no reno process is 100% smooth or perfect.

Oh dear, i share yr worry, cos i also encounter hits and misses. I think it is more a scheduling issue. My hacking starts on 10 Oct 2013 and right now, still not handed over but he is trying his best. All major works are done, except very very minor stuff. As of today, the last piece of installation is completed and hopefully, final chemical cleaning by this week. We all expect the whole process to take abt 10 weeks, that is it should finish before Xmas. I guess I have to welcome my new home next year.. hahah. be patient guys.....work on the big picture. No need point finger.

I am so glad I am 99% done with my reno.

totally agree with you on these points - work on the big picture, be patient & no need to point finger. :thumbs up:

your house looks great!

Have been working on the big picture n being v understanding n nice,, and not to mention being v pro active n communicative.... But sometimes patience runs thin n I hv to repeatedly reinstate and adjust my expectation. It is important to set a date of handing over if not all these ding dongs will drag u further. I believe in setting a date which both party can negotiate and then work towards. If date is unrealistic give and take but a date should be there as a guide to hv all work completed by then.

Edited by Astarz

Well for us, the date was agreed upon way back in Nov. And that was a big part of the reason why we chose to sign with Alan. At this point we don't know if it will materialize.

Hello! I'm using Alan too and I agree with your input. So far, my experience with him has been more positive then negatives. But I also think it helps that every thing is given to him on paper - proposed floor plan, electrical plan, painting plan etc etc. The first month of reno was fast and good. Right now my renovation works are slow. Guess because he's busy handing over the projects that needed to be completed before CNY so gotta be more patient and understanding on that. Have to say though, his subcons workmanship all deserve our thumbs up. Good luck for your renovation and look forward to your completion photos!

Hey Astarz! Hope u'll post pics of the current live-in condition with furnitures in place. I like how much thought u've put into ur reno and those little tips in the pictures!