Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
blueclown

Reno Journey Of My 4-Room Bto

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Here are some of the ID/ contractors that we had met,

A : An ID sitting down at the void deck. Met this uncle few months ago before key releasing by HDB when I dropped by my new home, he was there to do sales. Coincidentally, met him again one week before collecting the key, he showed his project at the block nearby, design and workmanship not bad. A friendly and experienced uncle on renovation, salute to him as he told me he was there everyday. He visited my unit immediately at the day I collect the key and give me his quote on the next day.

B : A young ID. Get his quotation thru email, the cheapest among all we have received. Price quoted really attractive with promotion offered, so decided to meet with him. Items/ work breakdown are spelled out clearly in his quotation. Not bad his attitude and everything seems OK for me with no hidden things I assume. He is responsive and replied promptly to the items I asked to revise.

C : A contractor instead of ID firm. No showroom, but have a carpentry workshop just beside office. At first talked to the tile guy and was recommended to his partner who is handling the carpentry work. Quotation offered is slightly cheaper compare to ID firm, quite close to the ID B mentioned above. Can see that both of the tile guy and carpentry boss are hands on guys and knowledgeable.

D : Saw their contact from leaflet with very good price advertised. What I can say is the ID approach to us has very good sales skill and aggressive to close the deal even though just only our first meet up. On top of the promotion package, a lot of free items will be give away. Seems like a good deal.

Here are some of the ID/ contractors that we had met,

A : An ID sitting down at the void deck. Met this uncle few months ago before key releasing by HDB when I dropped by my new home, he was there to do sales. Coincidentally, met him again one week before collecting the key, he showed his project at the block nearby, design and workmanship not bad. A friendly and experienced uncle on renovation, salute to him as he told me he was there everyday. He visited my unit immediately at the day I collect the key and give me his quote on the next day.

B : A young ID. Get his quotation thru email, the cheapest among all we have received. Price quoted really attractive with promotion offered, so decided to meet with him. Items/ work breakdown are spelled out clearly in his quotation. Not bad his attitude and everything seems OK for me with no hidden things I assume. He is responsive and replied promptly to the items I asked to revise.

C : A contractor instead of ID firm. No showroom, but have a carpentry workshop just beside office. At first talked to the tile guy and was recommended to his partner who is handling the carpentry work. Quotation offered is slightly cheaper compare to ID firm, quite close to the ID B mentioned above. Can see that both of the tile guy and carpentry boss are hands on guys and knowledgeable.

D : Saw their contact from leaflet with very good price advertised. What I can say is the ID approach to us has very good sales skill and aggressive to close the deal even though just only our first meet up. On top of the promotion package, a lot of free items will be give away. Seems like a good deal.

Besides above few IDs, we have discussion with others also for better pricing comparison as well as the design suggestion they have contributed.

After evaluating the potential ID/ contractors highlighted above, we finally choose one of them for our renovation.

Someone PM me asking which ID was selected.

Cut story short, we eventually shortlisted C.

We think it would be better to engage a contractor instead of ID firm as we believe the overall cost can be reduced if deal with contractor directly.

Apart from the pricing, feel that they are trust worthy guys. Heard so many of horror stories encountered with the renovation contractors, we also scared.

Hope they can perform a great job in my empty flat - from tile to ceiling, carpentry, electrical, plumbing, painting, etc

Really fast and furious the contractor - tile, sand and cement all were delivered on the 3rd day after our confirmation on the tile selection and 1st payment paid.

Officially kick start of my renovation with tiling work first.

gallery_56889_180_203880.jpg

gallery_56889_180_192181.jpg

Go up to spot check this afternoon, tillers are busy with their work when I visit.

Almost complete all tiling area, probably able to finish all with skirting by this week.

So far their tiling work is pretty well done to my standard.

gallery_56889_180_27481.jpg

gallery_56889_180_49329.jpg

Awaiting my 3D drawing from the carpentry contractor, he told me the delay is due to his designer on long leave. Wondering he can produce it by end of this week, just want to make sure everything is on schedule.

Visited again just now, all the tiling work done nicely J

The tilers did a great job and I satisfy with their work, thumbs up.

gallery_56889_180_45042.jpg

Washing machine base up at the service yard.

gallery_56889_180_44528.jpg

Shower kerb

gallery_56889_180_3715.jpg

Kitchen concrete base for cabinet also up,

but I didn’t construct fridge base which supposed to be on the left corner in the picture.

gallery_56889_180_57381.jpg

Have a 2 hours site discussion with my contractor this morning.

We discussed further on the cabinet and wardrobe design as we’ve asked some amendments on his drawing. New requests such as incorporate a pull-out tray to the kitchen cabinet, an internal oven, need a mirror inside wardrobe and so on.

I schedule to have aircon installation today, so he helping me to coordinate with the electrician to organise the work prior to the installation. Paisei need his help and do the ID job. Aircon was bought from an active member here, we opt for a Toshiba inverter system 3.

Understanding from him the next phase of reno will be the ceiling work, tentatively planned on this Friday or next week.

He suggests meet again this Friday afternoon to determine the carpentry lamination, color, material, etc.

Gas pipe installed at the service yard for Gas cloth dryer.

gallery_56889_180_12444.jpg

Purchased heater and dryer from City gas at their bundle price, they are having promotion now.

gallery_56889_180_66374.jpg

First time using heater & dryer powered by gas, hope can save on the utility bill,

should be worth to invest in long run.

Another reason why choose the gas dryer is the size, smaller if compared to an electric dryer. Only this compact size can fit nicely on top of the washing machine in our small service yard.

For the gas water heater, just need 1 unit and it can supply hot water to 2 bathrooms.