Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
iceage

Finally A Place To Call Our Home!

Need some advice from the experienced home owners here.

Am thinking of fixing rain shower for my bathrooms hence will be installing a water tank. Do I need to install a pump in my water tank to ensure bigger pressure on the rain shower?

The salesperson for the water tank told me no and the pressure is dependent on my home's water pressure. Not sure if this is true. Anyone has experience on this and can advice? will really appreciate it

U just need a storage heater.

Water pressure since u buying resale, u can just test lor. As long as they are not using one that's connected to an instant heater, u can guage the water pressure instantly. if the water spray or toilet mixer tap is strong water flow sure can one.

I don't have much problems with water pressure. using a joven 25L storage heater. And living on 6th floor.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

my personal belief is that no gas or electric heater can heat the water fast enough to deliver sufficient water pressure to a rain shower.

Some pple say city gas heater can. But to me, its just simple physics. The amount of water my rain shower can deliver is approximately at least 50% more than even my parent's old hand held shower head mixer with storage heater. I would say at least 75% more than my FIL's instant heater. There's just no way any demand heater can heat the h20 fast enough.

It takes 19mins for a joven 25L to heat to 60 degrees. so can your on demand heater heat the h20 fast enough. simply is no.

Edited by lala81

Some pple say city gas heater can. But to me, its just simple physics. The amount of water my rain shower can deliver is approximately at least 50% more than even my parent's old hand held shower head mixer with storage heater. I would say at least 75% more than my FIL's instant heater. There's just no way any demand heater can heat the h20 fast enough.

It takes 19mins for a joven 25L to heat to 60 degrees. so can your on demand heater heat the h20 fast enough. simply is no.

Been using a gas heater for the pass decade, serving me well but of cos only using hand shower. Have no experience with rain shower.

As for heating, we dont shower with water at 60 degC, even 40 degC would be be quite hot for most to bear with.

The piping OD for the rain and hand shower looks the same, delivery of water should be just fine.

Rain shower is the key we are eyeing, not so much about the hot/cold warm. :good:

Has been a truly busy weekend. Went over to JB to purchase my house lights and both the man and I had very sore necks looking at the lights. spent 4 hours in the shop and was the last customer to leave the shop before they closed for the day. :P

However, was very satisfied because it has been a fruitful journey for us. Less talk and more pictures!

Selected downlights for the Living and Master. LED downlight with glass edge

gallery_57788_200_79362.jpg

Kitchen lights. Love the glass and sturdy feel of it. Again LED light was chosen for the energy efficiency and longer useful life (I hope) :thumbs up:

gallery_57788_200_342356.jpg

Continuing from the above post

2 common lights. Sam design as the kitchen lighting except that its round rather than squarish

gallery_57788_200_100174.jpg

Toilet lights. Simple LED squarish lights

gallery_57788_200_535982.jpg

This is for the readers who are planning to go JB this weekend to shop for their house stuff.

JB is having a HomeFair"13: Year end sales, 6-8 Dec @ Persada Johor. Find Mattress, Furniture & Electricals all under one roof!

I literally typed out the message the man sent me :P

Good luck hunting!

Will get tax to bring to sg right?

Edited by solidsurface

Continuing from the above post

2 common lights. Sam design as the kitchen lighting except that its round rather than squarish

gallery_57788_200_100174.jpg

Toilet lights. Simple LED squarish lights

gallery_57788_200_535982.jpg

How much did you spend on these lights?

Will get tax to bring to sg right?

Hi Solid surface,

I believe so. However, I have broken up my purchases to be below $400 per person into spore so there has not been any problems for me :notti:

Gosh it has been ages ever since I updated on my progress. have finally gotten my keys on 19th December. So excited!!!:yeah::sport-smiley-004::jammin:

Well, less talk and more pics.

The house condition after the sellers moved out

View from the main door into the living and dining area

gallery_57788_200_96511.jpg

View from the balcony

gallery_57788_200_73771.jpg

View from the living:

gallery_57788_200_9879.jpg

View of the kitchen (Apologies for the upside down pic) :unsure: not sure why it is like this

gallery_57788_200_19728.jpg

More pics! :notti:

Master bedroom

gallery_57788_200_105953.jpg

Common bedroom 1

gallery_57788_200_70287.jpg

I nearly fainted when I saw the built in table and cabinets in not one but BOTH common rooms! Wondered where my eyes were when I viewed the place with the man. He was astonished as well as we could not remember the cabinets! Oh well, more costs to be incurred for them to be removed :jawdrop:

Common bedroom 2

gallery_57788_200_87347.jpg

Master bathroom toilet (Again, apologies for the upside down pic) :P

gallery_57788_200_23436.jpg

It was truly a packed weekend for us during 20th - 21st December

Spent an entire day in Gain City and got our fridge, washer and aircon from them. I salute the salesman there in Gain City because he managed to convinced the man what I failed to do: to purchase a front load washer instead of a top load washer :wacko:

Me: Buy a front load washer is better dear.

Man: Why? I detest bending down to do the laundry

Me: But top load you also have to bend down wad when you take out the freshly laundered clothes

Man: It's ok. Its for a while only

Me: Front load is gentler on your clothes and it has hot water function too.. bla. bla bla

Man: No no no. I want to get top load. Thats Final!

Fine. Let him get his top load coz I already used all my saliva to tell him bout the pros of getting a front load washer

Guess what? When we reached Gain CIty, when we told the salesman we are getting a top load washer, the salesman started asking why not get a front load and started the speech on the pros of using a front load (same as what I had said) and the man said OK :bangwall:

what?????? the wife say front load he not ok but when the salesman say front load he is OK???? :wacko::angry2:

Men!!! Seriously do not understand them. However, still happy I am finally getting a front load!!!:thumbs up:

After Gain City and a meal in Carl's Junior, we headed off to a furniture shop in Marina Square where the man had seen a sofa set that he fell in love with during a fair and this is what we got!

gallery_57788_200_1107.jpg

gallery_57788_200_160368.jpg

This sofa also same story. I suggested buying a fabric sofa but the man was against it, saying fabric sofa is hotter, harder to maintain, not stain proof (and the list goes on and on). So ok, we started looking around at leather sofa and did not really saw anything that caught our fancy

Then, during one fine weekend, we visited a fair and the man fell in love with this set at first sight. Sigh, I guess the saying that women are fickle-minded will have to be changed from now on. At least my man is fickle minded. Well, all the better for me as I am getting what I wan

:rofl:

December 24th 2013

First day of renovation! As i was not around in Singapore, my contractor took pics and sent to me for updates

Melt melt melt away!!! YAY!!! Bye bye old tiles..

gallery_57788_200_53655.jpg

Doors to balcony were removed to make way for a platform .

My kitchen: All melted away.. :dancingqueen:

gallery_57788_200_8277.jpg

The 2 common bedrooms which makes my heart pain with the additional hacking costs. Anyway, bye bye old cabinets and grills!!

gallery_57788_200_54603.jpggallery_57788_200_12507.jpg

Grills in master bedroom gone

gallery_57788_200_25959.jpg