Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
iceage

Finally A Place To Call Our Home!

hahaha that explains why the situation sounds so familiar *blush*

Oh well, I'm just glad that the highlighting of my mistake can help others avoid this basic, simple error

wah.... i'm not worthy of your kind words.

been too busy of late unpacking, cleaning the place and to make things worse, I have exams this week so this will be the only day that i'm in the office (and hence able to come in here to chat a bit). After that, i'll be on study leave for the rest of the week. after my exams are done, i'm going to have to be a lot more diligent when it comes to cleaning the place (not to mention take more photos and come in here to chat)

we've more or less gotten used to sleeping in the place. the real acid test will come when the hubby goes for a business trip next week. i'm quite a scaredy cat so it's going to be a challenge, sleeping alone in the house. but this is something that i'll have to learn to get used to

hahahahah your comment about the "one aquarium, 2 tortoises" made me laugh

to be honest... i didn't want any pets in the house too. it was the hubby who insisted.

now, i'm in love with the little terror. can't believe i was so adamantly against pets in the house last time

maybe you can try to continue psycho-ing your husband?

he might come around to the idea.....

i'm really looking forward to following you on your reno journey! :thumbs up:

Hi Zihui,

Oh yes your blog really deserves all the praises. Love your quote of *facepalm* and "running of face space to *facepalm*". That really made me chuckled hahahaha

Have tried pyscho-ing my hubby many many times and although he generally lets me have my ways in alot of things, this is one matter he refused to budge. He only relented by saying,"ok, you have to make sure the doggie stays 3 meter away from me and no asking me to bring him/her out for a walk, no asking me to clean up his/her poop.. and the list just go on and on :unsure:

I usually turn on the lights and a night light when the man is away on business trips and over time, i have gotten braver to stay alone :P

Hope you will be able to kickback, and enjoy your stay in your beautiful new home!

I can't wait to start the renovation process but at the same time, and nervous about it as well. Wish there is fast-fwd button where i can just skip the process and end up in the after-process of moving in and enjoying my new home

All the best in your exam! :sport-smiley-004: Fighting!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Iceage, u may want to consider gas heater?

Hi Redder,

Do you mean city gas heater? Have considered but according to my contractor, (he is using it himself), he said during bathing, he often got "shocked" by the sudden change of temperature. He said," Awhile hot water, a while cold water. Ok la, if you do not mind getting shocked to be awake" :wacko:

So thats why am considering a water tank. Also, I think its a pity to waste my kitchen mixer when I have already bought it if I just use instant heater in my bathroom. So, bo pian. Gotta buy water tank lor.. :dunno:

Hi Zihui,

Oh yes your blog really deserves all the praises. Love your quote of *facepalm* and "running of face space to *facepalm*". That really made me chuckled hahahaha

Have tried pyscho-ing my hubby many many times and although he generally lets me have my ways in alot of things, this is one matter he refused to budge. He only relented by saying,"ok, you have to make sure the doggie stays 3 meter away from me and no asking me to bring him/her out for a walk, no asking me to clean up his/her poop.. and the list just go on and on :unsure:

I usually turn on the lights and a night light when the man is away on business trips and over time, i have gotten braver to stay alone :P

Hope you will be able to kickback, and enjoy your stay in your beautiful new home!

I can't wait to start the renovation process but at the same time, and nervous about it as well. Wish there is fast-fwd button where i can just skip the process and end up in the after-process of moving in and enjoying my new home

All the best in your exam! :sport-smiley-004: Fighting!

:sport-smiley-004: Fighting!

i absolutely know what you mean! there were many times during my reno process where i wanted to just skip to the end if possible. somebody once told me that the reno process is never really over - you only merely take a break for a while before adding little touches here and there. So true! I'm still finding so many things and ways that I can improve on my simple reno.

I'm thinking of leaving the lights on as well, but what a waste of electricity... will probably just leave one single bedside lamp on :bleah:

don't worry - i'm sure that with continued persistence, your husband'll definitely cave in sooner or later! To motivate you further, here's a photo of the little terror lying snugly in a little gap in the bookshelf:

kwsm.jpg

:sport-smiley-004: Fighting!

i absolutely know what you mean! there were many times during my reno process where i wanted to just skip to the end if possible. somebody once told me that the reno process is never really over - you only merely take a break for a while before adding little touches here and there. So true! I'm still finding so many things and ways that I can improve on my simple reno.

I'm thinking of leaving the lights on as well, but what a waste of electricity... will probably just leave one single bedside lamp on :bleah:

don't worry - i'm sure that with continued persistence, your husband'll definitely cave in sooner or later! To motivate you further, here's a photo of the little terror lying snugly in a little gap in the bookshelf:

kwsm.jpg

Oh, Aki is just tooo adorable...

Hmm, maybe i should try to charm my man more to persuade him to allow us a pet, with no aquarium and no tortoises! :angry2:

wish me luck!! :notti:

Met up with a granite supplier last night over dinner, courtesy of both drunkenchivas and vanessa.

The price that he quotes was really attractive!! Makes me wana use granite instead of kompactop for which my heart was set on.

However, other than black granite, other colors will not make the cut to the man. He will probably :fire: me if i were to choose the other colors, which the granite supplier also agreed they are pretty old school and can be found in our parents' kitchen. But black will not fit into my theme of woody-white theme for the entire house... so.... have to say a sad bye to granite :(

So, decided to go back to kompactop. Just have to be more careful with it and give it more TLC.

Ok, one thing off the list! Hope to be able to go jb to buy lights this weekend if possible. Actually, already booked a trip to bkk with my colleagues but with the current political rally, it looks like my trip may be in danger of being cancelled!

I am partially hoping for the trip to be cancelled, as i am seriously running out of time to buy my lights, rainshower system and water tank! Stress stress!! :unsure:

Edited by iceage

Met up with a granite supplier last night over dinner, courtesy of both drunkenchivas and vanessa.

The price that he quotes was really attractive!! Makes me wana use granite instead of kompactop for which my heart was set on.

However, other than black granite, other colors will not make the cut to the man. He will probably :fire: me if i were to choose the other colors, which the granite supplier also agreed they are pretty old school and can be found in our parents' kitchen. But black will not fit into my theme of woody-white theme for the entire house... so.... have to say a sad bye to granite :(

So, decided to go back to kompactop. Just have to be more careful with it and give it more TLC.

Ok, one thing off the list! Hope to be able to go jb to buy lights this weekend if possible. Actually, already booked a trip to bkk with my colleagues but with the current political rally, it looks like my trip may be in danger of being cancelled!

I am partially hoping for the trip to be cancelled, as i am seriously running out of time to buy my lights, rainshower system and water tank! Stress stress!! :unsure:

Don't be stressed!

There are loads of wonderful quirky home decor items that you can pick up on the cheap over at BKK so even if your trip goes ahead, you're guaranteed a fruitful trip (not to mention the shopping for clothes, the food and the bonding time with your colleagues)

Hi Redder,

Do you mean city gas heater? Have considered but according to my contractor, (he is using it himself), he said during bathing, he often got "shocked" by the sudden change of temperature. He said," Awhile hot water, a while cold water. Ok la, if you do not mind getting shocked to be awake" :wacko:

So thats why am considering a water tank. Also, I think its a pity to waste my kitchen mixer when I have already bought it if I just use instant heater in my bathroom. So, bo pian. Gotta buy water tank lor.. :dunno:

Oh nooooo now I dunno if I shld still go ahead with the gas heater! May be going down to the Citygas showroom later today.. Looks like I'm gonna have to grill them with questions!

This is for the readers who are planning to go JB this weekend to shop for their house stuff.

JB is having a HomeFair"13: Year end sales, 6-8 Dec @ Persada Johor. Find Mattress, Furniture & Electricals all under one roof!

I literally typed out the message the man sent me :P

Good luck hunting!

Oh nooooo now I dunno if I shld still go ahead with the gas heater! May be going down to the Citygas showroom later today.. Looks like I'm gonna have to grill them with questions!

Hi Redder,

Any inputs to share after calling citygas? If possible I will also like to install that as I find the water tank too bulky for my liking. However, am concerned on the consistency of heated water during showering

Thanks!

Does they provide delivery to Singapore address as well..? :sport-smiley-018:

Hi Asking4Help,

thanks for dropping by my blog. Hmm, that I am not sure. I think you will need to check with the individual supplier. However, has read from other threads on the blog here that some furniture shops do include delivery (of course la, if not ask me ship in myself i will go crazy liao. Unless i own a trailer, it is not possible for me to deliver it in :P )

Do take note that some of them will charge a delivery fee and you will need to pay 7% GST for the delivery. Also, some of the bloggers here have shared their woes that some of the furniture shop were very irresponsible with their furnitures hence please be careful and do not make full payment when ordering.

BUT!! as mentioned in my earlier post, the shop where I purchased my kitchen appliances from, does not provide delivery. So, i have garnered quite some muscles :sport-smiley-003: bringing those things in when the man needs to work on weekends

Hope the above helps :notti:

Any warranty for the electronic items if you purchase in JB? From my understanding, some electronic items does not carry international warranty.

For furniture, I was told to pay for transportation fees of 15% of your total purchase (varies from shop to shop) and 7% GST and no back up service :angry2: . If they sent wrongly, you can't request for exchange. They will charge you extra for documentation, transport and Malaysia customs tax which is higher than Singapore for shipping back to Malaysia.

For mattress, if you purchase from Malaysia, warranty not valid in Singapore.

I think others items like lightings, taps, sink...etc still ok to buy from JB

Any warranty for the electronic items if you purchase in JB? From my understanding, some electronic items does not carry international warranty.

For furniture, I was told to pay for transportation fees of 15% of your total purchase (varies from shop to shop) and 7% GST and no back up service :angry2: . If they sent wrongly, you can't request for exchange. They will charge you extra for documentation, transport and Malaysia customs tax which is higher than Singapore for shipping back to Malaysia.

For mattress, if you purchase from Malaysia, warranty not valid in Singapore.

I think others items like lightings, taps, sink...etc still ok to buy from JB

Hi Woodywood,

Yep you are right. For the kitchen appliances that I bought it is is truly a pity the warranty is not valid in Singapore as I received extended warranty for them :wacko: Crossing my fingers and hoping all the appliances will not give me any trouble :P

Now sincerely hope my BKK trip gets cancelled so that I can go in JB this weekend to check out the fair :bow::P