Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
vicx1234

A "scandustrial" Concept ~ Sengkang Ea

Why not? There are paint available in the market that can paint over the window frame... There are videos in YouTube teaching us how to paint window frames... Check it out... :)

I had the same thought about spraying the window frames as I wanted it white too.... so I did some research...it is possible....of cos u don't need to DIY, get a contractor that can do it for u professionally...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqIvDVXGoSc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD7f0hhta0Y

:)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

It's camera illusion! The sink is only about 700 mm wide and 220 mm deep as pictured below. Not as big as the kraus sink from Amazon for sure, but at least it's cheaper and I like the fact that the drainage hole plate is square instead of the usual round ones!

Brought in thru Amcon? How is the feel of it. Am eyeing one as well.

Did they offer any free gift like drain basket etc?

I had the same thought about spraying the window frames as I wanted it white too.... so I did some research...it is possible....of cos u don't need to DIY, get a contractor that can do it for u professionally...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqIvDVXGoSc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD7f0hhta0Y

:)

thanks for the links! I should probably start asking for quotes from the painters. Do you know any contractor who has done this successfully and did a good job at that?

Brought in thru Amcon? How is the feel of it. Am eyeing one as well.

Did they offer any free gift like drain basket etc?

I bought through Peeka instead though it's more expensive, as I felt that they do take extra effort to check that everything is ok and that the item received is actually correct. Don't mind paying abit more for the assurance. :good:

I got the items below as a package deal when I bought the sink: 1) colander 2) bamboo chopping board 3) two way faucet 4) soap dispenser & 5) a rilakumma lunch box (this one was free). All for the price of S$291 (excluding shipping) which is actually a pretty good deal.

y6kw.jpg

Items arrived in great condition, but I must say that I had thought the sound of the sink when knocked would be nicer. There isn't any of that dull thud noise which you associate with a Kraus sink. Hey but for that price, I can't complain.

Sound wise, I'm actually thinking of a few solutions - putting moongel dampeners or those acoustic soundproofing panels that are found in those car audio shops to kindda create the dull thud, not sure if anyone here has tried doing that before. Came across this on Amazon too, wondering if it'll work leh:

http://www.amazon.com/SilverStone-21-Inch-Dampening-Acoustic-SF01/dp/B0040JHMH6/ref=pd_sim_sbs_hi_1/184-4622020-8423359

Anyway, will post more pictures when the quartz top, faucet and soap dispenser is installed. Cheers.

I have the same experience with Artist Room. Despite various attempts, they did not get back at all.

Oops, I was about to say that I spot a lot of the people I approached before renovation in vicx1234's list, and then I see our IDs didn't respond to both of you :P

Very nice mood pics by the way, vicx! :)

Door pics continued...

This is a shot of the kitchen folding doors when closed. Apologies for the lack of clarity, this was taken at night with low lighting. :P Discovered that there weren't any handles on the outside, which means that it is impossible to open if you accidentally close it. Luckily they had not put up the glass panels yet.

js18.jpg

View from the living room to the kitchen. Still missing on the wall to the right of the kitchen is our full height display cabinet.

2ith.jpg

Uh oh....big problem here. Discovered that the study room door cannot open fully! Wth.... :no: Must get contractor to rectify for sure. Btw, the packages on the floor are our lights from taobao!!

rkte.jpg

A bit off topic, but I had to lug a huge Sellena kitchen sink from my present house to our new home. So big that I couldn't even see the side mirror when driving! :dunno: Anyway, can't wait to see it set up.

aamp.jpg

gorgeous black door frames! :)

Oops, I was about to say that I spot a lot of the people I approached before renovation in vicx1234's list, and then I see our IDs didn't respond to both of you :P

Very nice mood pics by the way, vicx! :)

they must be really busy with the many projects that arose as a result of your awesome home reno :jammin:

gorgeous black door frames! :)

thanks for dropping by summersann! Btw, both my wife and I have been silent readers of your blog and really really love your place. :D Hope ours can turn out half as nice as yours!

I just realized that we are using the same laminate as your wardrobe, but ours will be for the feature wall instead. Sneak preview below:

crnx.jpg

they must be really busy with the many projects that arose as a result of your awesome home reno :jammin:

thanks for dropping by summersann! Btw, both my wife and I have been silent readers of your blog and really really love your place. :D Hope ours can turn out half as nice as yours!

I just realized that we are using the same laminate as your wardrobe, but ours will be for the feature wall instead. Sneak preview below:

crnx.jpg

Nice choice of laminate! Which brand/series is this?

Nice choice of laminate! Which brand/series is this?

thanks inthechouse. mellenur got it correct just below - it's the ramshackle from Lamitak.

is this lamitak ramshackle?

hey mellenur, you're spot on! :yeah: I don't have any prizes for you though. We are really loving the raw and rustic look of the ramshackle. Hopefully it turns out nice when it all comes together

hehe...we like it too. my hubby only saw the green one and i said it looked like mould!

which was apt because he wanted to use it for the common toilet vanity.

but the cream/white one that you have looks lovely!

so exciting, cannot wait to see the whole feature wall!

thanks inthechouse. mellenur got it correct just below - it's the ramshackle from Lamitak.

hey mellenur, you're spot on! :yeah: I don't have any prizes for you though. We are really loving the raw and rustic look of the ramshackle. Hopefully it turns out nice when it all comes together

I love your gorgeous doors!!!:dribble: Simply beautiful. Must cost a bomb??

thanks iceage! :D yea, they were pretty expensive but that is to be expected since there is a lot of glass and the aluminium must be powder coated. Still, it was a must have for our home to complete that look :P

Are you planning to put any fancy doors as well?

thanks iceage! :D yea, they were pretty expensive but that is to be expected since there is a lot of glass and the aluminium must be powder coated. Still, it was a must have for our home to complete that look :P

Are you planning to put any fancy doors as well?

haha, no lei.. no more budget for that d. I asked my contractor for glass door for my toilets already he wana puke blood coz he kept telling me this dun need, dun waste money on that :bangwall: .. bla bla.. so, no wor...

Initially wanted to get the 3-fold doors for my kitchen and living with powder coating aluminium but will have an issue keeping the doors as it will be opened most of the time and my layout does not permit the doors to be closed easily. So anyway, am kiv-ing the door for now. Wait till we move in first and see if we really need the kitchen door :P

But your renovation is coming together real nicely. When is your expected handover date? Are you planning to move in before CNY?

Purchases continued....

8uzr.jpg
Two of these industrial stools (one of which will be in a different design) which will be used as bedside tables in the MBR. The best part about having stools as bedside tables is that you can always bring it out to the dining room when there aren't enough chairs.

lg4k.jpg
Singer sewing machine legs in 'refrigerator' white colour. Can anyone guess where it'll be placed?

aogo.jpg
Nice big single bowl sink so that no washing job is too difficult

lrtx.jpg
Matte black fan for the living room. One of the closer designs to the haiku fan which we can't afford.
495p.jpg
Lights for the dining area. Gives the space a real nice industrial chic look and should pair really well with our dining table.
jj3x.jpg
A trio of wall lamps for our kitchen! This will be used as additional task and accent lighting as and when required. Quite excited to see these hooked up and turned on.

Hi,

Was having a hard time trying to remember from where I saw the stool then remembered it was from your blog!! :P Please excuse my bad memory as I am getting old liao. May I know where did you buy those stool cum bedside table from? Same problem here. Have very very small space left for bedside table so really love those stools

thanks for sharing!

Btw, are you gona use the sewing machine legs as a table by placing a wooden/marble top on top of the legs? I saw something similar in Vanessa's blog. Real nice.. where did you get it from? but too bad my place no more space for these fancy pieces :unsure:

hehe...we like it too. my hubby only saw the green one and i said it looked like mould!

which was apt because he wanted to use it for the common toilet vanity.

but the cream/white one that you have looks lovely!

so exciting, cannot wait to see the whole feature wall!

why would you want your bathroom to look mouldy? haha. But yes, it gives a very nice rustic and worn look for sure :D

haha, no lei.. no more budget for that d. I asked my contractor for glass door for my toilets already he wana puke blood coz he kept telling me this dun need, dun waste money on that :bangwall: .. bla bla.. so, no wor...

Initially wanted to get the 3-fold doors for my kitchen and living with powder coating aluminium but will have an issue keeping the doors as it will be opened most of the time and my layout does not permit the doors to be closed easily. So anyway, am kiv-ing the door for now. Wait till we move in first and see if we really need the kitchen door :P

But your renovation is coming together real nicely. When is your expected handover date? Are you planning to move in before CNY?

You know, when it comes to reno, what to do and what not to do is largely a subjective choice. The owner has to be careful not to listen too much (or too little) to the contractor because what they suggest could be motivated by a few things:

- too lazy to go and source for things and liaise with other contractors (where they earn v little relative to their efforts)

- suggesting something you don't really need which will boost their profits

- their lack of confidence to carry out a piece of work

Of course, there are the good ones who actually tell you as it is - all the advantages and disadvantages of some of the things that you want. As long as the contractor is able to substantiate his reason for suggesting something to you, then that's ok.

In your case, I have a bit of problem with the contractor saying that it's a waste of money. What is considered a "waste of money" is really up to you. If you feel that you will derive that much more pleasure by having the glass doors (and provided it is within your budget), then who is to say it is a waste of money cos to you, that would have been money well spent.

Put it this way, if one wants to be really an*l about it, one can view a renovation as a complete waste of money, especially if the house is in a "move in condition". BUT, why do people still pour so much money to do up their homes? It's cos they see the value in moving into a place which they can truly call their own. Of course, we cannot then treat that as a license to overspend. With all things, spend within your budget, where some have the luxury to have a bigger budget than the rest. It's all relative.

Whatever the case, ask for what you feel will give you as the home owner the most pleasure when staying in your own home. Remember at the end of the day, your contractor isn't staying there - YOU are.

:D:D:D:D

Hi,

Was having a hard time trying to remember from where I saw the stool then remembered it was from your blog!! :P Please excuse my bad memory as I am getting old liao. May I know where did you buy those stool cum bedside table from? Same problem here. Have very very small space left for bedside table so really love those stools

thanks for sharing!

Btw, are you gona use the sewing machine legs as a table by placing a wooden/marble top on top of the legs? I saw something similar in Vanessa's blog. Real nice.. where did you get it from? but too bad my place no more space for these fancy pieces :unsure:

Glad you like the stools! The stools and sewing machine legs are both from Second Charm. We intend to use them as a vanity stand! Interesting eh? :lol:

*edit* oh yes we don't exactly have a firm handover date yet because even after we've done everything, we still need to wait for the contractor from Closet Design to come fix up our walk in wardrobe before our ID comes in to do the touch ups etc. We are targeting a mid Feb deadline for all this to happen. Won't be able to make it for CNY i'm afraid!

Edited by vicx1234

• Like 1