Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
vicx1234

A "scandustrial" Concept ~ Sengkang Ea

Carpentry Works - designs and dimensions

Our unit looks super bare now!! :help: As previously mentioned, we were played out by my carpenter friend, so we only just confirmed the carpentry items and designs. We started off thinking that we would not have too many built in items, but somehow we've expanded the list of carpentry items to include full height cabinets, panels to cover the store room and shelves for the various room recesses. Here they are:

akjb.jpg
L-shaped kitchen cabinets - the previous owner had an island but we did away with it. We will be doing top and bottom cabinets for the entire length of the back wall (which includes a space for our washer/dryer), but only bottom cabinets for the left wall. On the opposite of the left wall will be our fridge and baker's shelf from Commune. Should think we have more than enough storage here.

z6t6.jpg
Living room display cabinet / panel to hide bomb shelter - to hide the bomb shelter door located to the right of the entrance, we will be constructing a panel with a tic-tac door. The panel is then linked perpendicular to the display cabinet which will have a cut-out to serve as our bar. Can house my nespresso machine, wine bottles, wine glasses here. :notti:
We will also be painting the leftmost panel of the display cabinet with chalkboard paint, so that we can dress it up with a menu description or misc drawings when guests come over. :sport-smiley-018:
xonh.JPG
Nothing much, just some shelves and bottom cabinets to fully utilize the recess area located in the rooms right now. To be clad in black laminate to have some contrast with the wall.
a8qb.jpg
TV console and dresser for the MBR with attached WIW - part of the TV console will be suspended and our TV will rest there. That position will be right smack in the middle in line with where our bed will be. E's dresser will be to the other side, where she'll be spending lots of time I'm sure.
8wtq.jpg
Sliding doors to the left of the MBR entrance - basically this is what we will see from our MBR since we combined 2 rooms into 1 and converted one of those rooms into a WIW. We will also be going for black tinted glass doors as per the picture below. :yeah:
3uff.jpg
Really can't wait for the carpentry and pole system to come in, hate the wait!

wow, the black tinted WIW is very handsome . good choice

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi vincx, just ventured into ur t-Blog after saying hi to you in Songz's! :P

Nice nice nice!! :D

wow, the black tinted WIW is very handsome . good choice

thanks alfredt! hopefully the tint will turn out nice, if too dark also not good :dunno:

Hi vincx, just ventured into ur t-Blog after saying hi to you in Songz's! :P

Nice nice nice!! :D

thanks for the support jus4fun! haha :yeah: . Btw who did you engage at 3D Innovations? Jimmy has been good so far and things seem to be done as scheduled and on time.

Good that you are using Jimmy from 3D, we shortlist Jimmy for our reno initially and was going to consider him if Mr K did not revert or do not have time to make arrangement for our renovation. :good:

Looking forward to your progression~ :D

Good that you are using Jimmy from 3D, we shortlist Jimmy for our reno initially and was going to consider him if Mr K did not revert or do not have time to make arrangement for our renovation. :good:

Looking forward to your progression~ :D

The good thing about Jimmy is that he's very easy to talk to and he's not like one of those grumpy old contractors who will give you that look if you keep changing your mind. So far he has been quite accommodating. Understand from your earlier posts that Mr K has not been his usual self during this peak period? But looks like you guys have turned the corner on the renovation and it should be smooth sailing for now! :good:

It's gonna be a slow couple of days here. Waiting for the evorich tile installation and carpentry now. :unsure:

Laminate selection for carpentry:

We spent about 4 hours the other day discussing designs with our carpenter and ID, as well as choosing laminates. It's kindda the same as choosing tiles, the more you see and the longer you see it, it becomes harder to choose. Nevertheless, we would up quite happy with our choices as we feel that we stuck to our colour scheme and theme.

For plank feature wall (rustic looking wood design) - the carpenter will be cutting individual "planks" of laminate before pasting it onto the feature wall. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

6mm4.jpg
For kitchen cabinets (wood colour for the bottom cabinets, white for the top)

4znk.jpg
A closer look at the wood grain for the bottom cabinets (colour seems a bit different), which we will also be using for the full height display cabinet in the living room. The graphite colour laminate will make up the internal area for the open shelf in our display cabinet, for contrast of course.

m5pk.jpg

qf09.jpg
For toilet vanity and mirror frame, same for both toilets.
c6vp.jpg
The rest of the laminates will be black and white, so nothing worth showing there :bleah:
Edited by vicx1234

Hi Vicx1234,

For the Living room tile, is it round edge? How wide is the grout line? Do you intend for it to be black grout line like the 3D drawing or gray/white?

Will your ID be able to do 45 DegC cut for the tiles so that the grout line can be as small as possible?

The good thing about Jimmy is that he's very easy to talk to and he's not like one of those grumpy old contractors who will give you that look if you keep changing your mind. So far he has been quite accommodating. Understand from your earlier posts that Mr K has not been his usual self during this peak period? But looks like you guys have turned the corner on the renovation and it should be smooth sailing for now! :good:

It's gonna be a slow couple of days here. Waiting for the evorich tile installation and carpentry now. :unsure:

Yeah, Jimmy is easy to talk to. After his previous bad reviews, think he is trying to get things done properly. :good:

Mr K have been really bz during this period, the service soso but the quality still same as promise to deliver. There was some communication breakdown and some delaying. Was expecting for the handover to be even earlier. Now that my reno has just completed 3 months later, i consider its a rather long time to complete a reno. and according to his previous reno period, it was suppose to be 2mths to 2mths plus.

I install my flooring from herf a couple days before the carpentry went up.

imagine after chasing Mr K and the reno completes 3 mths later, if i did not chase Mr k, he would have taken more than 3 mths!! Anyway thankfully its over. :good:

Yeah, Jimmy is easy to talk to. After his previous bad reviews, think he is trying to get things done properly. :good:

Mr K have been really bz during this period, the service soso but the quality still same as promise to deliver. There was some communication breakdown and some delaying. Was expecting for the handover to be even earlier. Now that my reno has just completed 3 months later, i consider its a rather long time to complete a reno. and according to his previous reno period, it was suppose to be 2mths to 2mths plus.

I install my flooring from herf a couple days before the carpentry went up.

imagine after chasing Mr K and the reno completes 3 mths later, if i did not chase Mr k, he would have taken more than 3 mths!! Anyway thankfully its over. :good:

Glad to hear that your reno concluded successfully after a long wait. Actually sometimes it isn't a bad thing to have a long reno, cos it really gives you time to browse for stuff to buy instead of buying the wrong thing in a hurry. That's what I've come to realize and "appreciate" I guess.

I'm actually pretty curious as to how it is like to work with Mr K. Is he very friendly? Gives lots of suggestions? Willing to try new things etc?

Hi Vicx1234,

For the Living room tile, is it round edge? How wide is the grout line? Do you intend for it to be black grout line like the 3D drawing or gray/white?

Will your ID be able to do 45 DegC cut for the tiles so that the grout line can be as small as possible?

hi danmify, this is the clearest picture I have now of the living room tiles. The 3d drawing isn't the most accurate as our ID outsources it to someone else, so pardon the inaccuracies. Anyway, our floor grouting is currently grey in a shade which matches our cement screed lookalike tiles. We wanted a seamless look across the floor to get the feel of real concrete screed, but having said that, since it is homogeneous tiles it is impossible for it to be 100% even in terms of colour. Still, we think our contractor did a pretty good job with it. :good:

Just before laying the tiles, our ID asked us to come down so that the tiler could mix the grouting on the spot and show us the actual colour. I suppose your contractor will be able to do that for you too.

As for the tile itself, it comes straight edged, and I doubt the tiler will be able to do a 45 deg cut since it would be quite inconsistent I can imagine. For the grouting thickness, if I'm not wrong it's about the thickness of a 10 cent coin.

Hope this helps :D

l9wm.jpg

hi danmify, this is the clearest picture I have now of the living room tiles. The 3d drawing isn't the most accurate as our ID outsources it to someone else, so pardon the inaccuracies. Anyway, our floor grouting is currently grey in a shade which matches our cement screed lookalike tiles. We wanted a seamless look across the floor to get the feel of real concrete screed, but having said that, since it is homogeneous tiles it is impossible for it to be 100% even in terms of colour. Still, we think our contractor did a pretty good job with it. :good:

Just before laying the tiles, our ID asked us to come down so that the tiler could mix the grouting on the spot and show us the actual colour. I suppose your contractor will be able to do that for you too.

As for the tile itself, it comes straight edged, and I doubt the tiler will be able to do a 45 deg cut since it would be quite inconsistent I can imagine. For the grouting thickness, if I'm not wrong it's about the thickness of a 10 cent coin.

Hope this helps :D

l9wm.jpg

Very nice... I'm so getting this tiles.... =)

• Like 1

Very nice... I'm so getting this tiles.... =)

Hi PTopaz! You will not regret the choice. Sometimes I still can't believe how identical it looks to cement screed (minus the grouting lines) without the required maintenance. When will you be starting your reno? Be sure to blog about your progress ya?

My Reno will only start in a few more mths... Now doing alot of research....

Have always wanted the raw cement screed look but was concerned with the cracks and stain issues...

Really glad to see that tiles tht looks so close to cement screed exists... :)

Is it expensive to lay? What's the cost (tiles + labour) per sq feet?

My Reno will only start in a few more mths... Now doing alot of research....

Have always wanted the raw cement screed look but was concerned with the cracks and stain issues...

Really glad to see that tiles tht looks so close to cement screed exists... :)

Is it expensive to lay? What's the cost (tiles + labour) per sq feet?

always good to do research :good:

btw, even for cement screed tiles there are many to choose from among all the tile shops. See below pic for example - got a lot of different marks and colours. Ours isn't even in the pic :lol:

kdbl.jpg

Take your time to select the one which you feel suits the cement screed look that you envision. Tried to PM you the cost but your mailbox is full! Anyway, the cost shouldn't vary too much - laying our tiles was $7 psf, which included a tile selection of up to $3.

Edited by vicx1234