Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Songz

3 Room Resale

No leh. You see mine....No standing pipes in MBR bathroom, but got one coming out of the wall at 45 degree angle slant, and a lot of pipes overhead near beam area. I haven't seen other pictures with such piping yet. Hahah....

Mine got two big pipes eating into my vanity top area. but thats not the worst, I got this big window at the side where we plan to put the shower, end up hve to change plan. :bleah:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

No leh. You see mine....No standing pipes in MBR bathroom, but got one coming out of the wall at 45 degree angle slant, and a lot of pipes overhead near beam area. I haven't seen other pictures with such piping yet. Hahah....

Mine got two big pipes eating into my vanity top area. but thats not the worst, I got this big window at the side where we plan to put the shower, end up hve to change plan. :bleah:

Thanks both for the information. :)

Will remember to check when discussing with ID when doing renovation.

As some people ask about the FSM audit, I will just a brief update on the FSM audit.

Will not be following his placement of things like bed and table as the location is quite space wastage and impractical.

However the color combination suggested will be followed with some placement of items like mechanism clock and etc.

Edited by Songz

As some people ask about the FSM audit, I will just a brief update on the FSM audit.

Will not be following his placement of things like bed and table as the location is quite space wastage and impractical.

However the color combination suggested will be followed with some placement of items like mechanism clock and etc.

Did he suggest the tilting of door idea?

For TV, can wait until May period to buy. This is when the previous year model is replaced by the current year model for most manufacturers.

You can score a good discount for the previous year model as they will be clearing stock then.

Did he suggest the tilting of door idea?

Yes but decided not to follow too cause the placement angle will need a lot of renovation work and a lot space will also be wasted

For TV, can wait until May period to buy. This is when the previous year model is replaced by the current year model for most manufacturers.

You can score a good discount for the previous year model as they will be clearing stock then.

Too bad I already purchase my 55" Samsung (6400 series) TV :(

Yes but decided not to follow too cause the placement angle will need a lot of renovation work and a lot space will also be wasted

Ah okay.. seems like it is his "signature" suggestion... I should be engaging Master Chang as my original FSM fell under the "bad FSM" listing. Thanks for the earlier sharing with me.

Hope the recommendations won't be too drastic! :)

Edited by guojiawen

Ah okay.. seems like it is his "signature" suggestion... I should be engaging Master Chang as my original FSM fell under the "bad FSM" listing.

Hope the recommendations won't be too drastic! :)

Good luck...

If you want I got another FSM which I targeted previously, PM me if you want...

Good luck...

If you want I got another FSM which I targeted previously, PM me if you want...

Seen alot of great reviews about Master Chang, think will go ahead with him.. More important is that he is accurate and can deliver the results. I guess just have to follow his advice wherever possible..

Seen alot of great reviews about Master Chang, think will go ahead with him.. More important is that he is accurate and can deliver the results. I guess just have to follow his advice wherever possible..

Yap.

That's what i do too.

Except for the sleeping bed and table, others like color combination, door design and etc all follow.

• Like 1

One of the quote I just got ( J.I. )
PROPOSED INTERIOR DESIGN & RENOVATION AT
PROFESSIONAL SERVICES
Design Consultation & Space Planning
Design Proposal & Perspective Drawings
Selection of Colour, Material & Accessories
Site Co-ordination & Supervision
Decoration Advice
FREE
Hacking Works :
Hack existing wall tiles at kitchen wall
Hack existing cement hollow block wall at master toilet
Hack existing wall and floor tiles at 2 toilet
Hack existing partition wall at dining area
Remove & dismantle cabinet at whole house
Remove & dismantle piping at whole house
Remove & dismantle electrical at whole house
Remove & dismantle alum window **** and bedroom 2
Remove & dismantle 2nos of bathroom accessories,mirror & hand spray
$2000
Masonry Works
Supply & lay HDB approved 3 step water proofing membrane-K104,non shrink grount & waterproof screed at 2 toilet $200
Supply & contsruct two side cement hollow block wall at extension toilet area $720
Supply & lay 300mm X 300mm non slip heavy duty homogeneous floor tiles for 2nos of toilet floor ( Tiles range max $3psf ) $800
Supply & design and lay 450mm X 300mm glossy ceramic wall tiles for 2nos of toilet ( Tiles range max $2.6psf ) $3600
Supply & ovelay 600mm X 300mm non slip heavy duty homogeneous 185ft floor tiles at kitchen $1300
Supply & apply tile adhesive at existing kitchen wall tiles before plaster at wall $1000
Construct Tiled Cement Base (Sides Only) for Kitchen Cabinets 1 area $350
Construct Tiled Cement Base for Refrigerator 1 area $150
Construct Tiled Cement Base for Washng Machine 1 area $150
Construct Tiled Cement TILES Kerb 1 area $100
Construct Tiled Cement Shower Kerb >Tiles supply by owner for new house 1 area $100
CARPENTRY WORKS
NOTE: Unless otherwise stated, all Carpentry Works quoted herein are constructed using Solid Plywood w/ Laminate & Interior c/w white Finishes only.
Where design/specifications include materials other than Solid Plywood w/ Laminate/Veneer & Interior c/w white Finishes, relevant charges will apply subject to further quotation(s) & confirmation.
Design & Fabricate c/w Low T.v consule using high quality laminate finishing. L7 feet >Includes soft closing system $840
Design & Fabricate design feature wall using high quality laminate finishing. L7 feet $1120
Design & Fabricate c/w shoe cabinet using high quality laminate finishing. L2 fullheight >Includes soft closing system $560
Design & Fabricate c/w sofa cabinet using high quality laminate finishing. L4 H2ft >Includes soft closing system $600
Design , fabricate & install full height casement door wardrobe using high quality laminate finishing L6.5 fullheight >Includes mirror design $1365 (Bedroom 1)
Design , fabricate & install full height casement door wardrobe using high quality laminate finishing L6.5 fullheight >Includes mirror design $1365 (Bedroom 2)
Design & fabricate laminates solid ply kitchen cabinet c/w laminated casement door with ABS trimming,stainless steel handles ,1nos.of laminates frames frosted glass & 1nos.of 2 tier stainless steel diskrack with drip tray with internal pvc colour ( Top & Bottom ) >Includes soft closing system $750
Supply & install solid quartz kitchen work top L17 feet $2210
Supply & change existing kitchen cabinet casement door & carcase L26 feet >Includes soft closing system $2080
Partition Works
Supply & install water proofing partation board wall at behind kitchen cabinet area $350
Supply & install partation board wall at dining area $400
Supply & install two side partation board wall **** area $800
Cornices Works
Supply & construct L-box design ****/dining hall kitchen and 2 bedroom L175 feet $1550
Supply & construct L-box design curtain pelmet **** and 2 bedroom L20 feet $500
Plumbing Works
Supply & install new stainless steel piping at whole house $600
Supply & install concealed drainage piping for kitchen sink,washing machine $80
Labour to install 1no of stainless steel kitchen sink & tap $90
Labour to install 2nos of dual flush system toilet bowl $160
Labour to install 2nos of basin and 2nos basin tap $120
Labour to install 2nos of bathroom accessories,mirror & hand spray $120
Labour to install 2no sof install heater c/w wiring connection at toilet $150
Note: Sanitary ware & all toilet accessories provided by owner
Expose Electrical Works
Kitchen
Supply & install of 13Amp X 2 double socket power point 3nos $210
Supply & install of 13Amp X 1 single socket power point 1no $60
Supply & install of hood point 1no $100
Supply & install of new lighting point 2nos $70
Labour to install of ceiling light 2nos $20
Supply & install of new cabinet T5 lighting point 3nos $120
Labour to install of T5 light 3nos $45
Common Toilet
Supply & install of 15Amp heater point 1no $95
Supply & install of new lighting point 1no $35
Labour to install of ceiling light 1no $10
Master Toilet
Living/Dining Hall
Supply & install of SCV point 1no $100
Supply & install of Tel phone/data point 1no $60
Supply & install of new ceiling lighting point 13nos $455
Labour to install ceiling light 13nos $130
Supply & install of ceiling fan point 1no $60
Labour to install of ceiling fan 1no $50
Supply & install change new D.B Box 1no $370
Master Bedroom
Supply & install of 13Amp X 2 double socket power point 2nos $140
Supply & install of new ceiling point 4nos $140
Bedroom 2
Bedroom 3
Labour to install of ceiling fan $50
Tampered Glass Works
Supply & install 5mm framless tampered colour glass backing in between kitchen L13 feet $960
Supply & install L-SHAPE 10mm tempered glass shower screen at master toilet 1no $680
Painting Works
Supply & Paint for whole house ( Original ICI or Nippon 2 Coats Colour 3 + 1 ) $800
Supply & plaster ceiling at kitchen $450
Aluminium Works
Supply & install 2nos of WPC aluminum frame c/w 2/4 acrylic panel hanging 2 set bifold door at 2 toilet $740
Miscellaneous
Haulage fee:uploading of cement, sand, tiles and material and downloading of debris.Provision of waste container lorry and disposal of debris to M.O.E approved dumping ground $150
Supply of corrugated paper and plaster sheet for flooring protection $200
Chemical washing for whole unit & General cleaning upon completion $300
GRAND TOTAL $ 34,340.00
AFTER LESS TOTAL 1,252.00
NET TOTAL $ 33,088.00

Any comments ?

Edited by Songz

Hacking Works :
Masonry Works
Supply & lay 300mm X 300mm non slip heavy duty homogeneous floor tiles for 2nos of toilet floor ( Tiles range max $3psf ) $800
Supply & design and lay 450mm X 300mm glossy ceramic wall tiles for 2nos of toilet ( Tiles range max $2.6psf ) $3600
Supply & ovelay 600mm X 300mm non slip heavy duty homogeneous 185ft floor tiles at kitchen $1300
Supply & apply tile adhesive at existing kitchen wall tiles before plaster at wall $1000
CARPENTRY WORKS
NOTE: Unless otherwise stated, all Carpentry Works quoted herein are constructed using Solid Plywood w/ Laminate & Interior c/w white Finishes only.
Where design/specifications include materials other than Solid Plywood w/ Laminate/Veneer & Interior c/w white Finishes, relevant charges will apply subject to further quotation(s) & confirmation.
Design & Fabricate c/w Low T.v consule using high quality laminate finishing. L7 feet >Includes soft closing system $840
Design & Fabricate design feature wall using high quality laminate finishing. L7 feet $1120
Partition Works
Supply & install water proofing partation board wall at behind kitchen cabinet area $350
Cornices Works
Supply & construct L-box design ****/dining hall kitchen and 2 bedroom L175 feet $1550
Tampered Glass Works
Supply & install L-SHAPE 10mm tempered glass shower screen at master toilet 1no $680
Painting Works
Supply & Paint for whole house ( Original ICI or Nippon 2 Coats Colour 3 + 1 ) $800
Aluminium Works
Supply & install 2nos of WPC aluminum frame c/w 2/4 acrylic panel hanging 2 set bifold door at 2 toilet $740
GRAND TOTAL $ 34,340.00
NET TOTAL $ 33,088.00

Any comments ?

Hacking Works :
Hack existing wall tiles at kitchen wall - Why dont do overlay? Cheaper cos no hacking.
Hack existing wall and floor tiles at 2 toilet - Same, can do overlay
Masonry Works
Supply & lay 300mm X 300mm non slip heavy duty homogeneous floor tiles for 2nos of toilet floor ( Tiles range max $3psf ) $800 - $3 not much choice
Supply & design and lay 450mm X 300mm glossy ceramic wall tiles for 2nos of toilet ( Tiles range max $2.6psf ) $3600 - $2.6 can choose what?
Supply & ovelay 600mm X 300mm non slip heavy duty homogeneous 185ft floor tiles at kitchen $1300 - tiles up to how much psf?
Supply & apply tile adhesive at existing kitchen wall tiles before plaster at wall $1000 - So you plaster smooth or hack? If plaster smooth why need tile adhesive? Then in the first place why need to hack? If hack then shouldnt cement included to put tiles up?
Construct Tiled Cement Base (Sides Only) for Kitchen Cabinets 1 area $350 - This one abit ex since they only do tiles on the side.
Construct Tiled Cement Base for Refrigerator 1 area $150 - This one i didnt do cos next time change fridge u must get the right size of fridge to fit in.
Construct Tiled Cement Base for Washng Machine 1 area $150 - This one my contractor give me FOC. :bleah:
CARPENTRY WORKS
Design & Fabricate design feature wall using high quality laminate finishing. L7 feet $1120 - Mine 6ft with tv console $1400
Partition Works
Supply & install water proofing partation board wall at behind kitchen cabinet area $350 - Why need this? save your $350 lah.
Cornices Works
Supply & construct L-box design ****/dining hall kitchen and 2 bedroom L175 feet $1550 - Kitchen also do L-box?
Tampered Glass Works
Supply & install L-SHAPE 10mm tempered glass shower screen at master toilet 1no $680 - This one reasonable but sliding glass door or open type?
Painting Works
Supply & Paint for whole house ( Original ICI or Nippon 2 Coats Colour 3 + 1 ) $800 - This one cheap!
Aluminium Works
Supply & install 2nos of WPC aluminum frame c/w 2/4 acrylic panel hanging 2 set bifold door at 2 toilet $740 - Toilet bifold using what brand? If PD door, then maybe ok. If normal bi fold, then ex. Anyway, PD door lowest range $299 each.
Edited by Vct

Agreed with Vct as well.

But I think he hack is because his is a re-sale old flat. But I choose to overlay anyway to cut cost.

The tiles wise seriously got not much choices for the price he quote.

And yes, the bifold door really very expensive.

But you save on the painting!! Most ppl I think is in the range of $1300+/-100.

And just for your info, I see u have hacking of walls, after that you will need make good of the wall and floor area and the skirting. And you might need the old tiles in some cases for the floor area and skirting depends on what you are doing.

One of the quote I just got ( J.I. )
PROPOSED INTERIOR DESIGN & RENOVATION AT
PROFESSIONAL SERVICES
Design Consultation & Space Planning
Design Proposal & Perspective Drawings
Selection of Colour, Material & Accessories
Site Co-ordination & Supervision
Decoration Advice
FREE
Hacking Works :
Hack existing cement hollow block wall at master toilet
Hack existing partition wall at dining area
Remove & dismantle cabinet at whole house
Remove & dismantle piping at whole house
Remove & dismantle electrical at whole house
Remove & dismantle alum window **** and bedroom 2
Remove & dismantle 2nos of bathroom accessories,mirror & hand spray
$2000
Masonry Works
Supply & lay HDB approved 3 step water proofing membrane-K104,non shrink grount & waterproof screed at 2 toilet $200
Supply & contsruct two side cement hollow block wall at extension toilet area $720
Construct Tiled Cement TILES Kerb 1 area $100
Construct Tiled Cement Shower Kerb >Tiles supply by owner for new house 1 area $100
CARPENTRY WORKS
Design & Fabricate c/w shoe cabinet using high quality laminate finishing. L2 fullheight >Includes soft closing system $560
Design & Fabricate c/w sofa cabinet using high quality laminate finishing. L4 H2ft >Includes soft closing system $600
Design , fabricate & install full height casement door wardrobe using high quality laminate finishing L6.5 fullheight >Includes mirror design $1365 (Bedroom 1)
Design , fabricate & install full height casement door wardrobe using high quality laminate finishing L6.5 fullheight >Includes mirror design $1365 (Bedroom 2)
Design & fabricate laminates solid ply kitchen cabinet c/w laminated casement door with ABS trimming,stainless steel handles ,1nos.of laminates frames frosted glass & 1nos.of 2 tier stainless steel diskrack with drip tray with internal pvc colour ( Top & Bottom ) >Includes soft closing system $750
Supply & install solid quartz kitchen work top L17 feet $2210
Supply & change existing kitchen cabinet casement door & carcase L26 feet >Includes soft closing system $2080
Partition Works
Supply & install partation board wall at dining area $400
Supply & install two side partation board wall **** area $800
Cornices Works
Plumbing Works
Supply & install new stainless steel piping at whole house $600
Supply & install concealed drainage piping for kitchen sink,washing machine $80
Labour to install 1no of stainless steel kitchen sink & tap $90
Labour to install 2nos of dual flush system toilet bowl $160
Labour to install 2nos of basin and 2nos basin tap $120
Labour to install 2nos of bathroom accessories,mirror & hand spray $120
Labour to install 2no sof install heater c/w wiring connection at toilet $150
Note: Sanitary ware & all toilet accessories provided by owner
Expose Electrical Works
Kitchen
Supply & install of 13Amp X 1 single socket power point 1no $60
Supply & install of hood point 1no $100
Supply & install of new lighting point 2nos $70
Labour to install of ceiling light 2nos $20
Supply & install of new cabinet T5 lighting point 3nos $120
Labour to install of T5 light 3nos $45
Common Toilet
Master Toilet
Living/Dining Hall
Supply & install of new ceiling lighting point 13nos $455
Labour to install ceiling light 13nos $130
Supply & install change new D.B Box 1no $370
Master Bedroom
Supply & install of new ceiling point 4nos $140
Bedroom 2
Bedroom 3
Labour to install of ceiling fan $50
Tampered Glass Works
Supply & install 5mm framless tampered colour glass backing in between kitchen L13 feet $960
Painting Works
Aluminium Works
Miscellaneous
Haulage fee:uploading of cement, sand, tiles and material and downloading of debris.Provision of waste container lorry and disposal of debris to M.O.E approved dumping ground $150
Supply of corrugated paper and plaster sheet for flooring protection $200
Chemical washing for whole unit & General cleaning upon completion $300
GRAND TOTAL $ 34,340.00
NET TOTAL $ 33,088.00

Any comments ?

You engaged le bro? I pm you.

You not changing Doors, Windows & Grilles?

Edited by sforshor

You engaged le bro? I pm you.

You not changing Doors, Windows & Grilles?

Nope.

Windows and Grilles not changing.

The rest changing.