Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
cooknchill

Easily Impressionable Home Owners

Hello, we have finally gotten our keys to our new place in December. It is a 5-room BTO in Sengkang.

We visited quite a few IDs prior to getting our keys, and have finally chosen one which is slightly more expensive, but has a stronger design aesthetic. His style is slightly more eclectic which suits our design sense. We do not really like the contemporary, modern look and our house will probably end up being a mixture of industrial and scandinavian with pops of color added through our furniture.

Starting with our floor plan first.

gallery_58248_240_331063.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi cooknchill,

Welcome to Renotalk.

You have a similar concept to mine and since you have gotten your keys first, I can probably look to your blog for pointers.

Hi cooknchill,

I am looking to collect my keys soon as well in Sengkang and would probably adopt the scandindustrial look, greatly influenced by the designs presented in this forum.

Look forward to see your reno updates.

Cheers

welcome to renotalk cooknchill, from your handle I'm guessing you love to do both :good:

glad to also see you're adopting the scandinavian and industrial style mix! It will turn out fabulous I'm sure. Will stay tuned for your updates.

welcome to renotalk cooknchill, from your handle I'm guessing you love to do both :good:

glad to also see you're adopting the scandinavian and industrial style mix! It will turn out fabulous I'm sure. Will stay tuned for your updates.

waiting with anticipation to see your reno journey

Mavi, yes it's from King Wong. They had a 30% moving out sale so we just bought it cos we thought it would go along well with our patchwork sofa. Of cos, we had a check with the ID haha.

On another note, we just received notice that our hacking works start tomorrow! Walls to go down will be all walls linking the kitchen to the living area, and between bedroom 2 and MBR. Half of the existing MBR will be a wiw, the other half will be study. The existing bedroom 2 will be the bed area... After hacking layout to come!!

Hi, welcome to t blog. Just want to share with u about my experience with HDB BTO unit. It was just happened to me after my Reno almost done. Please check all the floor traps and drainage pipe in your new unit including the kitchen sink BEFORE your Reno start....Look what I found

829AE647-C1E6-409D-88CF-75EFF82568A2_zps

725AC1F7-F1C9-4EB7-AC53-AC055651B0A2_zps

Debris and broken PVC in the floor trap and harden cement inside my drain pipe. HDB Bo Chap!!!

Thank kevynq, we will take note.

Here's our revised floor plan. We will be extending the kitchen outwards to have somewhat of a semi-open kitchen with bi-fold windows. Also, we will be combining the master bedroom with the adjacent bedroom to form a larger room to house a walk-in wardrobe and a small study.

gallery_58248_240_31221.jpeg

Hi, welcome to t blog. Just want to share with u about my experience with HDB BTO unit. It was just happened to me after my Reno almost done. Please check all the floor traps and drainage pipe in your new unit including the kitchen sink BEFORE your Reno start....Look what I found

Debris and broken PVC in the floor trap and harden cement inside my drain pipe. HDB Bo Chap!!!

Just curious. If this was discovered after your reno is almost done, how are you sure it was done by HDB and not your reno contractors?

Mavi, yes it's from King Wong. They had a 30% moving out sale so we just bought it cos we thought it would go along well with our patchwork sofa. Of cos, we had a check with the ID haha.

On another note, we just received notice that our hacking works start tomorrow! Walls to go down will be all walls linking the kitchen to the living area, and between bedroom 2 and MBR. Half of the existing MBR will be a wiw, the other half will be study. The existing bedroom 2 will be the bed area... After hacking layout to come!!

Yup, saw it just last month when the moving out sale was already underway. I thought we could shortlist it but the wife didn't like the colour.

Edited by mavicaste

Just curious. If this was discovered after your reno is almost done, how are you sure it was done by HDB and not your reno contractors?

Well, I trust my Reno contractor as they have done a good job for my previous house. I managed to recover these debris with my own hand by digging it into the floor trap. I really surprised that what I found... Few pieces of old PVC pipe material , and quite big in size. Mine is just a simple Reno which didn't involve any PVC pipe alteration ... Just want u guys know this before carry out your Reno .

Do bring along some bottle of water or Bucket of water to test the floor traps and drain pipe!!! Feedback this to HDB ASAP ( for new BTO units ) DO NOT OVERLOOK THIS!! we are staying for long term, and any chokage we the owner will have to bear the bill and hassle.