Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
crayon05

Rezt & Relax Interior Design

Would like to hear from past and current customers of Rezt n Relax on the quality of workmanship and after-sales service which is missing in this thread. I got to know a friend in real estate agency who highly recommends R n R as an established company that has "never disappointed his clients" so need real input here. No trolls please!

We are attracted to R n R because of lifetime warranty as most things are not build to last nowadays and usually spoil right AFTER warranty period *headache and wallet-ache* . My objective view is that if a company dares to offer lifetime warranty, then the company should be quite confident about its workmanship else it is sabotaging itself with endless repairs and rectifications right? If really reliable and good quality, then it makes sense to use R n R if it is 10-20% more expensive than some fly-by-night company. Waiting to hear from customers of R n R *Fingers crossed*

No need their lifetime warranty where they screwed up the measurements. They won't redo cos it was already signed and agreed and who am I a layman to be able to understand these measurement accurately and I thought I can trust the ID ?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

There is no such thing as life time warranty ,this is a gimmick to customers. This is too good to be true. When the company goes bust your warranty is in smoke as well. They are super exxed lah unless you have fat wallet, otherwise how the boss drives around in Maserati ahh.

Edited by greatrox99

Engage them only if:

1. you have too much money
  2. you like to do your own interior design
  3. unresponsive ID
  4. unprofessional ID with no design vibes

As for the lifetime guarantee... yea.. so far so good.. if you do not mind waiting for almost 3 months (and counting) for them to rectify a tiny shoe shelf and there will only be updates when you chase your ID

Edited by Lise
added in more info

Hi,

any recent feedback on rezt and relax? They are one of my shortlist and I am getting concern that there are only negative feedback in this tread. Or is it dependent on who is the ID?

basic rule all should know.

there is no such thing as lifetime warranty. once all works are completed, 10 years down the road you want to claim liability from them? wait long long. they can prove that it is not their ''fault.'' there is no such thing as lifetime warranty other than it sounds nice to hear. but it doesn't work that way.

Chance upon this on their website, if is casetrust audited shoud be safe ba.. been to a few expo saw their booth not too bad actually... guess it boils down to the particular person rather than the company as a whole, lets be fair here. havnt spoke to them but lets keep an open mind... :yeah:

lifetime-warranty-new.jpg

Edited by Keppy9
missed out things

I was really disappointed with Rezt and Relax. Pls allow me to further elaborate.

My Fiancé and I went for the EC package offered by R&R during the Expo Fair in May 17. We were prepared to take up R&R as they had a good track record and our ID was open minded and made us feel comfortable. After the first round of discussion, he promised that the quotation would be sent within the week, but he didn’t. After multiple hasteners, he finally sent us a quotation for about $23k for a few simple works. Furthermore, there was no breakdown of the costings and the discounts. E.g. the price for carpentry works for living rooms and the remaining rooms are lumped into a single sum. You wouldn’t know how much they are charging per sqm. After 3-4 meeet ups over lengthy discussions on the reno, budget, to have costing breakdowns and etc., the ID agreed to bring down the quotation to $17k. But note, there’s still no breakdown on the prices. Since the ID was sincere and we thought he would be honest and that the total pricing was acceptable, we went ahead to sign the contract with them and paid a $3k deposit. Finally, we were so relieved that our ID was settled after months of meeting up with several other IDs. 

However, to our dismay, after the contract was signed, the ID sms-ed to inform us that his director disagreed with the quotation. Instead, he increased the quote to $24k. We did not agree with the revision and the ID refunded us the deposit. However, the experience left a sour taste in our mouth as we are both first time home owners and we did not expect this coming from R&R, a reputable company. We need to restart the entire process of meeting up with several IDs and to renegotiate prices. Do note that previously we had met up with a few potential ones and we had rejected them as we had signed with R&R. Although we did go back to them to rediscuss the designs, but it’s actually quite embarrassing since we had texted them and said we had found an ID.

Basically, there is clearly a lack of communication between the R&R’s ID and the company director on the acceptable range of quote the ID is able to offer to their clients. So much time and effort had been spent meeting up with the ID to discuss the reno when we could have engaged another ID earlier if R&R was upfront about the pricing they are able to offer. I find the trustworthiness of R&R questionable if they are able to dishonour a contract so easily. Come to think of it, it was fortunate the deal fell through. If a company's ID is unable to make decision, how can homeowners be sure that the renovation process can run smoothly? I would advise homeowners to think twice before engaging R&R as their ID. Beware of lumpsum discounts, ask the ID quote each and every item clearly in the contract and not trust them whole heartedly like we did.

just sharing the experience I had with R&R.

Edited by Lazytothinkofone

The defects on the carpentry- broken, cracks ,split etc are usually very minor. Cost little to repair them . 

No need to sign up because of lifetime warranty and pay mark up price of at least 10k to 20k more.

This is a gimmick to attract your attention and get you hooked. If they can get 1 person out of every 100 potential customer to sign up with them because of lifetime warranty is consider a "catch".

Beware for this ID- Alexis Choong from Rezt & Relax. We signed up with her and were shocked by her poor attitude and professionalism. She is now with design chapterz interior.