Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
annfadzil

how to slim down?

i'm trying to slim down too.

coz doc say no good for the legs if too heavy - will cause leg pain coz too much burden on the legs.

a gal told me, eat "wu hua guo".

whenever hungry, eat this 'tibit'. eat penty of fruits.

it seems to work on her.

but she did mention before, there's a diet menu for this.

currently, i choose to go for weekly swimming... effect is kinda slow... but it's good in that it's refreshing after that.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I lost about 9kg and 2.5" waist line, over the last 6 months and what I did was simply.

1) Avoid unncessary sugar if i can. for example, I always ask less sugar in my kopiO and I avoid snacking

2) Only eat 2 meals a day, ie. a proper breakfast in the morning and a proper dinner + fruits. During lunch, I will usually take some fruits and low salt/low sugar biscuit.

3) When I reach home from work, I will go for a 45-60min jog, or a 1 hour swim. However please take note that when you swim, you have to control your diet because you will tend to eat more. Also the best time to jog is actually in the morning right after you wake up hence try to schedule for a morning jog with an empty stomach during the weekend.

You cant also try other sports like cycling and aerobics, as long as it is good cardio exercise.

4) Avoid beer, especially those wheat beers

5) Park your car further aways from your destination so it will encourage you to walk more. E.g if you want to go takasimaya, try parking at Center point or something.

Edited by Husky

I think you can slim down faster when you control wat u r eating and exercise is a plus...

I agreed that eating and exercising is a important part of a slimming program. One must reduce fat intake and burn off some fat out by exercising regularly, even walking is good enough to get some fat burn.

Best and good way to slim down is to exercise. But be mindful of your weight and body condition. If you are above 35, and have not been exercising for a long time, better to seek doctor advice before doing so.

Upon doctor approval that you are fit to exercise, if you are overweight, do not do jogging or running. Bad for knee. Do swimming or cycling or other non impact to knee exercise.

Min duration of exercise is about 30 mins at Heart rate on average around 130 beat per min. That is the fat burning zone. Do it like 3 times a week and you will see result in 3 months.

Maintain your food intake.... take smaller portion in between meal so you wun go hungry all the time.

Good luck and wish you all the best,

Walking ... ... I does not help much but can see bit of improvement. When ever I am overweight a little bit, I will start to walk long distance. E.g. I take a slow walk from Ngee Ann City, to Marina Square.. I walk past Plaza Singpura, Raffles City, Funan IT Mall, Singapore River, cut through Esplanet and cross the road to Marina Square. Else sometimes, I reverse my journey.

Control your meal, I only have sandwiches after the walking.

Walking ... ... I does not help much but can see bit of improvement. When ever I am overweight a little bit, I will start to walk long distance. E.g. I take a slow walk from Ngee Ann City, to Marina Square.. I walk past Plaza Singpura, Raffles City, Funan IT Mall, Singapore River, cut through Esplanet and cross the road to Marina Square. Else sometimes, I reverse my journey.

Control your meal, I only have sandwiches after the walking.

Perhaps you might want to try brisk walking for 30 mins and above? As long as you can get your heart rate above 120bpm, you should see much improvement. Good try dude. :)

i introduced Fibrena to a few people in another thread and people of other forums. it's a detox fibre drink that tastes like ribena... am also taking it to reduce my tummy and constipation.. i've got a friend who took it, she lost 15kg in 2 months. so i feel it's pretty useful..^^ especially for slimming, tummies, bloatedness, and constipation.. lots other ppl tried it also n had pretty good results.. :) was wondering if you're interested so wanna share wif you peeps^^

interested parties can pm or email me at colourshades@gmail.com :D

- Speak with your doctor before exercising. Although you may be anxious to begin losing the pregnancy weight, wait until your incision heals to start a workout routine. Exercising beforehand can weaken the stitch line. Talk to your doctor before engaging in any type of physical activity.

- Take a brisk walk. Wait 3 months before beginning a vigorous workout after a C-section. In the meantime, build your stamina and take a brisk power walk. Walk for 30 minutes or longer at least three times a week. This will help you burn calories and fat, and lose the pregnancy weight.

- Reduce your calorie intake. While pregnant, many women become accustomed to "eating for two." If you're trying to lose weight after a cesarean section, eat 500 fewer calories a day. Limit your carb and sugar intake, and stay away from fast and fried foods.

- Breastfeed your baby. If you're unable to engage in physical activity due to pain from a C-section, consider breastfeeding your baby. Breastfeeding burns about 500 calories a day, and it'll help you shed the pregnancy pounds.

- Exercise your abdominal muscles. Once your incision heals, participate in workouts that target your mid-section. Crunches, abdominal workouts and pilates can burn calories and sculpt your stomach.

Hi everyone,

I recently sign up for a slimming program at this wellness sanctuary at Marine Parade Central. The slimming regime combined health supplements, accupuncture and slimming gel which really works!!! I've lost 5 kgs in the 1st month and pple ard me were :jawdrop: I was so happy and I intro this prog to my sis... she is only abt 2 wks into the prog and she told me that there are results.. good results!!! My mum's friend also saw me and asked me to bring her along to the sanctuary.. she signed up immed after seeing all the testimonials!! :good:

I'm happy to do this sharing and to all friends out there who are interested, pls email or PM me! :)

i signed up for the same program too. but got slimming gel meh? i don't have wor.

the program targets to let you lose to your ideal weight in 3 months. i sgined about 5 month plus ago and lose only 5kg. why? cos i still can't resist food and sometimes still give in to my cravings leh. i still got 5kgs to go. everytime go review kena suan by the nutritionist guy. wahahaha. persevering....

Hi All,

Good things to recommend for all type of people being reduced weight or maintain weight....This products called 1 Shape

1-Shape is a healthy beverage rich in soy, fruits and vegetables, grain fiber and American ginseng. Low in calories with no cholesterol or caffeine, 1-Shape helps you to enjoy health, vitality and enjoy success in managing your weight. Its convenient and stylish aluminum bottle packaging makes it travel-friendly. Lighten up with a bottle each day!

Please contact me @ 9067 5888 if want to find out more information...

Edited by ohltpl

u hav a lot of way to slim down but the problem is how to slim down in a healthy way. make sure u hav enough nutrition for ur body & ur immune system. so at first u hav to read and learn a lot. i give u an example: ppl only know we need 1000mg Vit C everyday so they eat a 1000mg table Vit C. This is big big NO b'cos Vit C is water soluble so once we go to the toilet. it all gone. the correct way is we hav to separate it to 4 pcs and hav it in the morning, b4 lunch, b4 dinner and b4 slp. read more and learn more to find out the healthy way to slim down. =) Hope everyone who 1 2 slim down must look after ur health too. =)