Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Sappyd

Meadows 3Rm Bto

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I'll only be getting my keys prolly this May. So im not goin to post much currently. But then i've met 4 IDs so far. The concept i have in mind is industrial vintage.

Jayden - 3D innovations.(rejected)

The only one who took the trouble to come to my place. But then he rejected my ideas saying dat its not practical and it may cost a lot. So i juz follow what he propose. After that short meet up, he arrange another meetup at his showroom. It was during the 2nd meetup, me and wifey decided not to engage him. We planned to meet at 11am at his showroom at Sin Ming. We reached there on time. After i park the car, he sms me sayin he would like to postpone our meetup. We were like...WHAT?!! Wifey aleady pissed off.. We didnt even reply to his msg and juz went home.

Sookhui - 9creation(shortlisted)

She's currently top of our list. Very good input. Her ideas were good and Her quotation was withing our budget. In fact hers was the cheapest.

Adrian - Colourbox Interior(shortlisted)

His quote is still within our budget. Very nice chap and knowledgeable.

Brandon - **y Cn(reject)

The one with a lot of ideas. And i like his ideas so much that i keep changing the design of the house. But his quote is $2k more than the other 2 that was shortlisted. So have to reject him.

I'll be meeting another 2 IDs this coming days and will finalise our decision prolly by end of Feb.

Edited by Sappyd

Firstly.. I dont intend to stay long.. Will need to see how the property market is like 5yrs down the road. Therefore, i juz do the minimum.

Since my flat is premium, i juz need to do carpentary for kitchen, electrical works and other misc works. And this cost up to $8k. Furniture wise.. About 60% i'll prolly purchase at ikea.

Firstly.. I dont intend to stay long.. Will need to see how the property market is like 5yrs down the road. Therefore, i juz do the minimum.

Since my flat is premium, i juz need to do carpentary for kitchen, electrical works and other misc works. And this cost up to $8k. Furniture wise.. About 60% i'll prolly purchase at ikea.

Just sharing, I've read reviews on IKEA that the furnitures are not lasting.. May not last up to 5 years? It's good for owners who like to change design every year or so though :)

Just sharing, I've read reviews on IKEA that the furnitures are not lasting.. May not last up to 5 years? It's good for owners who like to change design every year or so though :)

Couldnt agree wit u more with regards to ikea furniture. I agree dat there's concern when purchasing ikea products but then the price and "change every year" thingy is wat keep pple like me attracted to ikea.

On a side note..... How i wish i can buy furniture from Malaysia since the dollar is doing well. Hehe. :)

Edited by Sappyd

Couldnt agree wit u more with regards to ikea furniture. I agree dat there's concern when purchasing ikea products but then the price and "change every year" thingy is wat keep pple like me attracted to ikea.

On a side note..... How i wish i can buy furniture from Malaysia since the dollar is doing well. Hehe. :)

Haha, then Ikea is good for your home.

Ya.. was bouncing the idea around on my estate FB page about furniture hunting in JB as some bought their lights there at a super good price.

From what I know, my neighbour shared that we need to pay GST above a certain amount to deliver into SG + must do homework on the shop credibility etc. Got it's pro and cons so it's again up to individual preference!

For me, I'm tempted by the savings too :lol:

Edited by guojiawen

I don't like the room divider... sorry, just my views...

Adding my 2 cents worth, may want to consider that this kind of design will need trap dust and requires regular cleaning..

Like the colour scheme! I'm a white person. Simple and classy ;)