Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
eelnaes

New 4Rm Renovation

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
On 3/26/2014 at 8:20 AM, enigma said:

reno completed

On 3/28/2014 at 1:07 PM, jarci said:

Edited by eelnaes
reno completed

and so, the hunt for furniture and stuffs continue. was deciding on this dining table with a teak top and have the wood grain feeling. was wondering if TB sells it so can save some money. On a side note, I'm getting my keys this wednesday. woohoo!

Congrats on getting the keys!

Solid top dining table are dime a dozen in TB but you must do your homework diligently.

BTW, how much was that selling for?

Hi ya,

maybe you want to get a quote for your aircon from this thread:

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/topic/28271-air-con-group-buy/page-55

It should be lower than $3969...

& the bosch fridge you can try calling up neighborhood store like Goh Ah Bee or Woodlands Domestic to get a quote through phone as it is probably cheaper as well.... :)

Hopes this help :)

yes agree with Asking4Help, he quoted me less then $3969 for a system 4. So eelnaes maybe you can ask him quote you and compare...

If you are not in a hurry, just take your time to look around.

Furniture and deco things can wait till you firm up the design and look before plunging in.

Along the way, you may find a better deal, or the piece dont fit your look. Have fun and enjoy the journey. :good:

It's been quite long since I last updated. So here's a few updates on what I've been through

House defects comments hopefully coming to an end. They do not even call me! End up having to go down to the service centre myself to chase for the job to be completed. I'm quite picky on the defects so a total of about 110 comments I listed it down. The house was full of masking tape at one point of time, showing all the defects locations. Some of the "major" defects to me were the shower head being choked, kitchen tile cracked, household shelter ventilation cover rusty, incomplete tile grouting and door hinges rusty. Didn't had the time to chase much. But so far twice I went down, both time they acknowledge my comment and quickly send men to rectify the defects the following day.

On the other hand, like many others forum people, we went through the many process of finding an ID. I sent emails to companies and also used the renotalk and renotalk forum to find for IDs. Many came back to me asking to meet them to discuss on my requirements. Can say that it's a very tiring and tedious process as have to arrange a time to sit down to discuss and not forgetting to repeat what we wanted to different IDs.

Theme: No Theme - just do what we want to do

will update with the selection of IDs next..

Most important is you like it as you will be the one living in the house.

It's been quite long since I last updated. So here's a few updates on what I've been through

House defects comments hopefully coming to an end. They do not even call me! End up having to go down to the service centre myself to chase for the job to be completed. I'm quite picky on the defects so a total of about 110 comments I listed it down. The house was full of masking tape at one point of time, showing all the defects locations. Some of the "major" defects to me were the shower head being choked, kitchen tile cracked, household shelter ventilation cover rusty, incomplete tile grouting and door hinges rusty. Didn't had the time to chase much. But so far twice I went down, both time they acknowledge my comment and quickly send men to rectify the defects the following day.

On the other hand, like many others forum people, we went through the many process of finding an ID. I sent emails to companies and also used the renotalk and renotalk forum to find for IDs. Many came back to me asking to meet them to discuss on my requirements. Can say that it's a very tiring and tedious process as have to arrange a time to sit down to discuss and not forgetting to repeat what we wanted to different IDs.

I also in the same BTO as you. Indeed the defects are really quite a lot, and BSC are taking their own sweet time to rectify it.

Hi 5^ to no theme. Haa... Anyway, Mitsubishi aircon is gd! Been using it for years at my parent house. Ordered e same one for my new house and recently got it installed.

Mitsubishi Electric System 4 at $3969

gallery_58614_313_3354.jpg

any reviews on these items?

If price difference is not too great and your air-con ledge / power supply allows you to put two compressors, from my experience 2 in 1 is definitely better.

1. No matter what they claim, I find multi-split systems not very good at cooling the rooms.

2. Again, no matter what they claim, I did not find multi-split systems saving me much electricity. Not sure why. My theory is that for multi-split, you have a much larger compressor, and so even if you switch on only one blower unit, the whole compressor has to work. True, they claim to have some sort of electronics that will step down the energy consumption when you turn on only one blower, but I am not sure how well that works.

3. Air-cons do break down once in a while. In a system 4, you will be completely without air-con. In System 2, you still can use 2 of the rooms.

4. When one of your air-con breaks down beyond repair, you will be thankful you need only change two rooms.

Mitsubishi is one of the tried and tested brands. You cannot go wrong. However, when comparing specifications and prices, do note that there are two different bands: Mitsubishi Electric and Mitsubishi Heavy Industries. For more info, you can read here.

On 5/28/2014 at 0:17 AM, OceanEleven said:

On 5/28/2014 at 9:32 AM, Songz said:

On 5/28/2014 at 10:08 AM, bert7332 said:

On 6/1/2014 at 0:40 AM, EvolutionX said:

On 6/1/2014 at 11:42 AM, cuttiz said:

On 6/1/2014 at 2:36 PM, kstoh said:

reno completed

Edited by eelnaes
reno completed