Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
eelnaes

New 4Rm Renovation

Hi Sean,

Am at Isles too! and also a 4 roomer like yours.. my reno has started and just wanted to point out that the issue of the aircon access window (WHICH IS A MAJOR PAIN IN THE A**) and also the existence of 4 pipes (2 on each side) at the service yard. you might wanna measure the washing machine/dryers before buying them..

as for the Aircon. i got the Mitsu Heavy Industries (like your pics) from Gain City. paid for the upgrade in the pipes and extra warranty for 5 years and the total cost was about 4.5k.

installation wise it was quite normal and fuss free.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

14394625641_8ab68e2104_b.jpg

some changes to make is to have a full cabinet on the shorter side instead of just the top, removing the microwave oven since we rarely use it and also shifting the oven to below the cooking hob area.

Are you seriously considering to put a top with high chairs in the kitchen?

I feel they may prove redundant and get in the way of moving around unless you dont have a dining table.

As for the oven, being in the tall unit is easier for viewing, especially when roasting and baking.

Oh ok. But do reconsider about the oven.

Else when using may have keep squatting down to monitor.

Also if lifting out big pots may prove to be a little challenging as well.

Edited by OceanEleven

And so I've decided on ID #4 for my house. We don't have any specific style for the house so we do as per our liking.

14211536937_91be9ffefe_b.jpg

14394625841_e99e08caf5_b.jpg

14394625641_8ab68e2104_b.jpg

some changes to make is to have a full cabinet on the shorter side instead of just the top, removing the microwave oven since we rarely use it and also shifting the oven to below the cooking hob area.

WoW~ luv ur wardrobe design~~~ :dribble:

Just some update to my house

14297677769_5afe4041e1_z.jpg

what I found out when i stripe my toilet bowl

14297677679_1d42e0fd7b_z.jpg

"naked" toilet

14455371546_c0cf41b906_z.jpg

14291836629_b22692d8b0_c.jpg

installation of the aircon done by gain city.

did u report as defect to bsc regarding the toilet tiles or your contractor will make it good? when cleaning toilet i also found those chip off tile, still thinking whether to report to BSC.....

Hi there fellow neighbour

I am at 332b, collecting keys on Monday and looking forward to renovation, though not looking forward to the costs though.

Love your posts and everyone here seems to have lots of money saving advice. Counting on everyone to pass on advice from now on.

Will be starting my own post soon once keys are collected!

took us quite a bit of time to decide on the right one and we finally narrowed down to 2 choices..

14531911904_924133af32.jpg OR 14346909547_c8a6570748.jpg

These are nice tiles but would there be too many grouts lines?

My concern is that using in wet area, the algae like stuff tends to grow into the grouts and hard to remove.