Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Vct

My Anyhow Reno, Anyhow Theme But No Anyhow Budget Reno

Just to check with you guys, how much did your ID/contractor charge you for electrical work? My quotation is $2100, reasonable or not huh?

there should be a breakdown.

eg.

single power socket = $?

doublle power socket = $?

tel point = $?

SCV point = $?

lighting point = $?

etc

i think SCV point is around $110

single power socket around $50

double power socket aroun $60

lighting point around $60

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

there should be a breakdown.

eg.

single power socket = $?

doublle power socket = $?

tel point = $?

SCV point = $?

lighting point = $?

etc

i think SCV point is around $110

single power socket around $50

double power socket aroun $60

lighting point around $60

My quote

SCV point $80 x 1

No phone line

single power socket $50

double power socket $65

lighting point $35

air-con socket $130

I've got a massive 34 downlights

23x 4ft T5

2x 2way switches

1x air-con socket

3x relocation of socket

3x new single socket

3x new double socket

Edited by Vct

I did not do any data point, im getting the Aztech homeplug, the plug uses your home electrical wiring to run like the internet wire therefore saving money on wiring. Just plug in, configure a little bit, works exactly the same as normal wire.

Not happy with the location? Unplug it, plug in where u want it to be. No need to re-configure. Move house? Yes bring it along. Per plug is about $60+

• Like 1

My quote

SCV point $80 x 1

No phone line

single power socket $50

double power socket $65

lighting point $35

air-con socket $130

I've got a massive 34 downlights

23x 4ft T5

2x 2way switches

1x air-con socket

3x relocation of socket

3x new single socket

3x new double socket

23 T5 ? How many point? 23 points on this?

You should do the data points. I explained in some detail in my blog. You will regret later if you don't do it now.

Homeplugs are not reliable. Over the long run, they are also more expensive.

• Like 1

You should do the data points. I explained in some detail in my blog. You will regret later if you don't do it now.

Yup did read your blog about it and I do agree with you to a certain extend depending on the house layout. My workstation is located just beside my router so no issue there. The other 2 points which requires internet are my tv/android media hub , one in room the other also beside router.

So maybe im lucky dont really require data point, if yes maybe one will do in my room. Anyhow, 5 yrs later im moving off so..... :)

I see alot of recommendations about data points around..

Is it because mostly you guys use the internet to play games / stream / download stuff so need super fast connection that won't lag?

Just wanted to check because hubby & I know nothing about these and have been using normal wireless router our entire lives and not sure if we should be concerned about the data points for our new home ;)

Is it because mostly you guys use the internet to play games / stream / download stuff so need super fast connection that won't lag?

Just wanted to check because hubby & I know nothing about these and have been using normal wireless router our entire lives and not sure if we should be concerned about the data points for our new home ;)

Normal surfing I don't think you need Data point. That's for direct connection. Correct me if I am wrong....... I opted out those points also

Using direct connection is more stable and faster. Depending on the design of your flat and placement of your AP (WIFI router), you may not be able to receive signal or even weak signal in certain area in your flat.

If the place that you will be using your laptop is line of sight to the Wifi router and no blockage in between, then should be ok.

Using direct connection is more stable and faster. Depending on the design of your flat and placement of your AP (WIFI router), you may not be able to receive signal or even weak signal in certain area in your flat.

If the place that you will be using your laptop is line of sight to the Wifi router and no blockage in between, then should be ok.

Normal surfing I don't think you need Data point. That's for direct connection. Correct me if I am wrong....... I opted out those points also

Thanks, think I have the correct understanding then :)

For the wifi router blockage, if we are not particular about the speed, using the wi-fi range extender can help?

Thanks, think I have the correct understanding then :)

For the wifi router blockage, if we are not particular about the speed, using the wi-fi range extender can help?

wifi extender can help to extend the coverage, but i think you need a power source (ac socket) for it.