Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Vct

My Anyhow Reno, Anyhow Theme But No Anyhow Budget Reno

Hi Vct, I wonder if granite sink ur referring to ones like Blanco granite sink type.. U can check out Hoe Kee which is where we got ours from but we got matching sink tap to match e color of my sink so tat package was 600+.. But they have a variety of sizes n partitioning for e granite sinks.. We chose e deep n broad single compartment styled one cos hubby says it's practical for big pots n pans without having to put them on e top of e cabinet, near e sink edge to wash if it's a small sink space.. Anyway practicality wise think some of us don't really require 2 or more sink compartments but jus buy for e look of it also waste extra worktop space.. U can check them out they have some promos going on sure can find a blanco granite sink within ur budget.. All e best!

http://www.hoekee.com.sg/promotions.html

Thanks Lyamani for the info, yes Blanco is one of the brand for granite sink. I went to hoekee before and some item there for price still consider reasonable but for the granite sink blanco is abit high. I was quoted $500+ with a free "normal" sink faucet. Cheapest i manage to find for granite double sink is $380 but is top mount. **** tired when you are working on a tight budget. Anyway thanks for your info, gd luck to your reno! :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hmm if I'm not wrong all sinks can be top or under mounted isn't it.. It's a matter of wat ur carpenter tells u, I read some people said their carpenter felt their sink was too heavy n cabinet may not withstand e weight etc so have to top mount it.. If he's ok doing under mount den u still can have it under mount.. Even wen I went down e saleslady told me e same thing tat it's up to us how we wanna mount it so think e best price sink u got from them cud be used to fit ur bill right..

Hmm if I'm not wrong all sinks can be top or under mounted isn't it.. It's a matter of wat ur carpenter tells u, I read some people said their carpenter felt their sink was too heavy n cabinet may not withstand e weight etc so have to top mount it.. If he's ok doing under mount den u still can have it under mount.. Even wen I went down e saleslady told me e same thing tat it's up to us how we wanna mount it so think e best price sink u got from them cud be used to fit ur bill right..

Undermount and top mount has got different structure/mold, so i guess the one i saw only able to fit top mount as claim by the shop auntie. Need to go dig more shops that sells undermount... tired.

3D pics of my kitchen just received, rest of the house 3D pics is taking tooooo long, sigh....

933a.png

o6ps.png

ehh...do budget about additional 10% of the quotation for surprises. especially after hacking, subcontractors may come back to say this and that, and need extra $$ to do this and that. this will help to minimize frustration and tension with the ID if it does happens. at least you are mentally prepared...anyway, my 2cents...

For the sink I can only think of amazon.

Always good to list all the things inside the quotation to prevent any misunderstanding i gues.

Always pros and cons to some IDs/contractor.

ehh...do budget about additional 10% of the quotation for surprises. especially after hacking, subcontractors may come back to say this and that, and need extra $$ to do this and that. this will help to minimize frustration and tension with the ID if it does happens. at least you are mentally prepared...anyway, my 2cents...

Hi claypot, ya agree with you that mentally we have to prepare some last minute changes here and there due to no stock etc. For my case, its very simple - just do what i request and if my contractor thinks not feasible i'm open to suggestion, end of the day anything that comes out awkward or awful, of course we bear the responsibilities and since they are more experience, i think contractor should voice out.

So far my contractor has been quite accommodating, i told her before i pen down on the quotation "you do nicely, some things i can close one eye there's no 100% perfect reno, you screw things up, i will screw you up big time but i will still buy you dinner after that". No hard feeling, we are all grown ups! ;)

The tiles make the bathroom look bigger due to the lining and shape of the tiles.

Good choice :good:

Actually most of the stuff i choose for my home is on the brighter/lighter colour. Both me and wifey dislike dark/lowly dim home.

Most importantly, any insects/roaches hiding at one corner cant be seen easily especially in the toilet!! (wife and kids detest them!)

For me, Im very particular about toilet cleanliness, must be clean, dry and smell nice. I noticed alot of ppl using black tiles which actually looks nice and easy to maintain but if algae starts to grow, cant notice.

• Like 1

You can undermount a topmount sink but it will not be a perfect fit. There will be a larger gap between the sink and the bottom of the counter-top. This is because the edge of the sink was not designed for undermounting.

A sink specially designed for undermounting will have a flat edge which will fit nicely to the bottom of the countertop. Normally, this type of sink cannot be topmount as it is not suitable.

Anyway this is like asking whether all mushrooms can be eaten. The answer is yes. Just that some of them you can only eat once. :)

• Like 2

Hi claypot, ya agree with you that mentally we have to prepare some last minute changes here and there due to no stock etc. For my case, its very simple - just do what i request and if my contractor thinks not feasible i'm open to suggestion, end of the day anything that comes out awkward or awful, of course we bear the responsibilities and since they are more experience, i think contractor should voice out.

So far my contractor has been quite accommodating, i told her before i pen down on the quotation "you do nicely, some things i can close one eye there's no 100% perfect reno, you screw things up, i will screw you up big time but i will still buy you dinner after that". No hard feeling, we are all grown ups! ;)

Wah, what did your contractor reply you.. especially to the part on 'you screw things up, i will screw you up big time' :o

I definitely don't have the courage to say this to my ID at this stage.. need to maintain super harmonious relationship :P

Wah, what did your contractor reply you.. especially to the part on 'you screw things up, i will screw you up big time' :o

I definitely don't have the courage to say this to my ID at this stage.. need to maintain super harmonious relationship :P

She just say ok nod her head but face abit black, i have no choice but to warn/inform/made it clear to her. Not all but some ID/Contractor simply take us owners for granted. Arguments and conflicts usually happened when things were not made clear to each other in the first place. Having said that, of course i don't courage you to say that to your ID :lol: , if you dont have the courage to ask/request certain things, just tell him to pen down in black and white, easier for everyone in future.

But of course, we need to be reasonable at times and accommodate to her schedule whenever she's late for our appointment.

She just say ok nod her head but face abit black, i have no choice but to warn/inform/made it clear to her. Not all but some ID/Contractor simply take us owners for granted. Arguments and conflicts usually happened when things were not made clear to each other in the first place. Having said that, of course i don't courage you to say that to your ID :lol: , if you dont have the courage to ask/request certain things, just tell him to pen down in black and white, easier for everyone in future.

But of course, we need to be reasonable at times and accommodate to her schedule whenever she's late for our appointment.

Haha ya.. I asked for everything to be stated down. To the extent that I scared my ID thinks I don't trust him. Opps!

But definitely agree on the making things clear part!

• Like 1