Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Vct

My Anyhow Reno, Anyhow Theme But No Anyhow Budget Reno

Haha ya.. I asked for everything to be stated down. To the extent that I scared my ID thinks I don't trust him. Opps!

But definitely agree on the making things clear part!

Its not about trusting or not.

Its for documenting and prevent any argument when things don go right...

• Like 1

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Yup, so I hope my ID take it the right way lo. Anyway, so far so good.. Cross fingers nothing goes wrong during the renovation and if anything goes wrong, can be settled smoothly..

• Like 1

Ya all black & white avoid future dispute. Ask them clearly state the dimension, the material use, what table top for example Granite, ask them where Granite made from..... blah blah blah

3D pics of my kitchen just received, rest of the house 3D pics is taking tooooo long, sigh....

O_O Hot pink cabinets!

On another note, I thought you mentioned you are plastering the kitchen walls but I see tiles on the 3D. Or is one side tiled, one side 'normal' wall arh? :D

O_O Hot pink cabinets!

On another note, I thought you mentioned you are plastering the kitchen walls but I see tiles on the 3D. Or is one side tiled, one side 'normal' wall arh? :D

Ya lah, whole kitchen wall plaster smooth. Contractor say picture for "illustration purposes only".

Ya lah, whole kitchen wall plaster smooth. Contractor say picture for "illustration purposes only".

But the color is finalize right? =

But the color is finalize right? =

Yup colour is correct, not my territory so colour i dont have a say. :)

:D Oh I see. no disclaimer on the pictures like those toy boxes 'batteries not included' ? Though why waste time drawing tiles when no tiles wor. hahaha....

Yup colour is correct, not my territory so colour i dont have a say. :)

Wifey's pick? Nice color, but I don't dare to go for pink cabinets....I considered briefly about purple cabinets, but my mom and sis both advise against it so I ended up going for regular woodgrain. :P

:D Oh I see. no disclaimer on the pictures like those toy boxes 'batteries not included' ? Though why waste time drawing tiles when no tiles wor. hahaha....

Wifey's pick? Nice color, but I don't dare to go for pink cabinets....I considered briefly about purple cabinets, but my mom and sis both advise against it so I ended up going for regular woodgrain. :P

Apparently she choose purple but it does not comes with the glittering stuff, thats why pink. Actually i see nothing wrong with pink or other bright colours, as long as you like it then go for it. Contractors say woodgrain, we both objected strongly :), too dull for us. Ultimately its your home.... :) Edited by Vct

• Like 1

Apparently she choose purple but it does not comes with the glittering stuff, thats why pink. Actually i see nothing wrong with pink or other bright colours, as long as you like it then go for it. Contractors say woodgrain, we both objected strongly :), too dull for us. Ultimately its your home.... :)

:) True. As my mum says - every color also have someone who likes it. When picking colors for my kitchen counter top, my contractor told me he had customer going for Ruby color for the kitchen counter top. Fire engine red wor.

Me staid type. Even my clothing is mostly neutral colors. Haha...

You can undermount a topmount sink but it will not be a perfect fit. There will be a larger gap between the sink and the bottom of the counter-top. This is because the edge of the sink was not designed for undermounting.

A sink specially designed for undermounting will have a flat edge which will fit nicely to the bottom of the countertop. Normally, this type of sink cannot be topmount as it is not suitable.

Anyway this is like asking whether all mushrooms can be eaten. The answer is yes. Just that some of them you can only eat once. :)

Hmm yea actually realized tat today only wen my Blanco sink n stuffs were delivered to my unit for measurement taking by carpenter etc... Actually was given e option of top mount or under mount but wit e warning tat under mount though looks sleek will be a pain to replace or repair if any future probs may arise.. Though I really wanted under mount thinking bout practicality n to avoid any pain in e future followed hubby's advise n decided to jus do top mount. Y do we wanna risk extra pains in e future to handle a worst case scenario rather play safe now... Same wit e case of concealing or leaving aircon trunkings as they r to avoid future trouble breaking open false ceiling to access them.. Decided to play safe in our case... 😛

Pink! Nice! Pink kitchens seem to be coming into trend (just saw the 3D pix of another renotalker with a full pink kitchen!)

For the granite sink, we got ours from Royal Fanco (brand: Carysil). It is top-mount and we can't remember if it has undermount models. But the prices are lower than Blanco's single bowl basin (700x500mm) at $465 vs Carysil's single bowl (780x510mm) around $300. Naturally we took the cheaper option though it is made in India. After 9 months of heavy usage, our sink is going on fine!

• Like 1

Pink! Nice! Pink kitchens seem to be coming into trend (just saw the 3D pix of another renotalker with a full pink kitchen!)

For the granite sink, we got ours from Royal Fanco (brand: Carysil). It is top-mount and we can't remember if it has undermount models. But the prices are lower than Blanco's single bowl basin (700x500mm) at $465 vs Carysil's single bowl (780x510mm) around $300. Naturally we took the cheaper option though it is made in India. After 9 months of heavy usage, our sink is going on fine!

Thanks for the useful info Makanology appreciate it.

We saw Carysil double bowl @ $450, in terms of price should be quite low already, our usage is low so no point getting higher end type but good to hear that your sink is going good after all the heavy usage. :good:

Just to check with you guys, how much did your ID/contractor charge you for electrical work? My quotation is $2100, reasonable or not huh?

Just to check with you guys, how much did your ID/contractor charge you for electrical work? My quotation is $2100, reasonable or not huh?

Bro, very cheap le. I assume you got not many points . And not many downlight too. Any strips lights? Mine around 3500. Whole house. But many many points.