Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
myzticalz

*meow Residence* 4 Room: Where The Sun Rises

Huge project on painting the walls with brick design.

Just a point to note is that rem to buy those tape to prevent over paint and prevent mistakes (*Hope this help) ...

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Huge project on painting the walls with brick design.

Just a point to note is that rem to buy those tape to prevent over paint and prevent mistakes (*Hope this help) ...

Noted! I read about painter's tape and was going like "huh, wts is that?" I think I may need to head to some hardware shops to ask about painting stuff.

The biggest headache now is also choosing the colour that can represent the bricks that I wanted to have.

And waiting for HDB's rectifications.

Furniture for the *meow residence*

gallery_34428_315_14625.jpg

From Ikea, $299

gallery_34428_315_16156.jpg

From Ikea, $99

gallery_34428_315_491.jpg

From Ikea, $999

I am an ikea frantic so most of my stuff will be from there. Moreover, they're quite reasonably priced, aren't they? Thus, this suits my very low budget. Hahas, what to do, cause I never earn too much money.

The sofa is big for a 4 room, too big actually, it extends all the way to the front. I told Mister the person sitting at the edge of the sofa corner will not be able to watch the TV, and he said, the person sitting there will be the person playing iPad, so no TV for him/her. Okay, that makes it the iPad corner then.

As for the dining table, we are intending to place it right at the entrance of the kitchen so we have to have a small table so as not to block the entrance for people moving in and out of the kitchen. A drop leaf table would be the best bet then. When there are guest, we'll move the table to the centre of the living hall to have our meals! This is also one of the reason why I don't intend to have a dining light cause they make no sense to me since our dining table is moveable.

Ahh, I am so looking forward. I hope it won't be that ugly :(

Hi Myzticalz,

I think you can consider painting a large cat motif on the wall instead of bricks :)

Edited by Danmify

• Like 1

Hi Myzticalz,

I think you can consider painting a large cat motif on the wall instead of bricks :)

I did I did!! I told the Mister that we should borrow a projector and screen it on the white walls to paint something. He rolled his eyes :'(

• Like 1

Congrats on your new flat! Btw, neow in hokkien should be "stingy" or better term "frugal" not cheapskate lah....lol.

Wishing you a smooth reno journey! :good:

Congrats on your new flat! Btw, neow in hokkien should be "stingy" or better term "frugal" not cheapskate lah....lol.

Wishing you a smooth reno journey! :good:

Hahahahas, okay, frugal~~ Stingy abit sa lah term also :P

looking forward to see your DIY Brick wall painting ^^

Sure! Will share.

** Updated ID/Contractor post, I think I may have found the person already **

Hahahahas, okay, frugal~~ Stingy abit sa lah term also :P

Sure! Will share.

** Updated ID/Contractor post, I think I may have found the person already **

Congrats.

Update us who is it ...

i think it's interesting how you are choosing to do an L-shaped kitchen instead of the typical galley or "two row" kitchen that most of us BTO owners go for! any reason why you chose to do L-shape?

Bingo~ that one is totally off sia, it's 3600. Hahas, yeah living room is bigger than most rooms (but still small to me :() The most headache one is the MBR, totally can't think of a way to put a wardrobe without touching windows (+ still have walkable space) :dunno:

To put the wardrobe in the room, you have to sacrifice the walking space a little.Do a full length along the 4445mm wall.

When ending near the windows, do a open quarter circle shelving so it will not block the windows visually.

Or you can have a dressing table/top over that corner.

Place the bed facing the wardrobe, when lay down, feet facing the doors of wardrobe.

Use only sliding doors, choose a bed frame without side protruding edges, especially where the feet are.

Base on estimation, 3000 - 600 wardrobe depth - 2000mm bed frame, plus minus may still have about 300mm of walking space.

Anyway if MBR purely for sleeping, then should be enough. Else you have to sacrifice another room's wardrobe for personal use if design otherwise.

gallery_34428_315_64977.png

Pardon me, if you plan the kitchen layout this way, it kinda make no sense. I presume the red box represent the fridge.

Fridge will look isolated and stand alone.

Then the table top 3600 - L shape side - hob 750mm - sink 800mm, you are left with 1500mm or lesser.

1500mm divide into 3 for the space between hob, sink and the L shape and you are left with miserable space.

So unless you intend to keep the rice cooker, coffee maker, microwave etc everytime you use them, else you are left with no space to prepare your food.

Also bottom cabinet only may save cost but you will run into storage space issues. Dont underestimate house hold appliances size needs.

Coffee machine, woks, pans, steamer, toaster, blender, juicer, toaster, steamboat and the list goes on.

Very soon you will find space running out and will turn to bomb shelter.

Just my 2 cents.

• Like 1

Asking myzticalz :P

Lol thought u asking me cos i also do L shaped kitchen cabinet.