Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

Hey I'm new to this forum and chance upon ur reno blog. very happy to see this floor planner app u mentioned! have been looking it for ages! thanks and I AM IN LOVE WITH YOUR HOUSE!

Haha. Thanks and glad you find it useful too. I came across floorplanner through renotalk myself. :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi!!

Very nice kitchen!!

Can show pics on the area around the kitchen sink?

Any issues with water being splashed on the Kompactop?

Is it sealed to the wall by silicon?

Very swee house you have there harocarlos :thumbs up: How do you find William's team workmanship? Can you PM me his contact?TIA

His workmanship is acceptable. At least any issues I raise, he gets it resolved. Responsible. Sorry, I am unable to share his direct contact as I think it is unfair to butterpaperstudio.

Edited by harocarlos

Hi!!

Very nice kitchen!!

Can show pics on the area around the kitchen sink?

Any issues with water being splashed on the Kompactop?

Is it sealed to the wall by silicon?

Thanks.. photos of the sink area:

20140713_223425_zps454b59c1.jpg

20140713_223436_zps7b96bfda.jpg

Kompacplus is fine with water. It has pretty good reviews online, which is why we selected kompacplus. Yes, sealed to the wall with silicon.

Fluid test on kompacplus.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZA__oa9-SA

Heat and fire test on kompacplus.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmRZK_KhtgQ

Edited by harocarlos

Nice pics! Just wondering what was the consideration that led to placement of the hob on the other side of the kitchen? The original location of the gas pipe seems to be planned such that the hob can be on the same side as the sink.

hi mechu81, the decision to place the hob on the other side is because we adopted the "triangle" layout between the fridge, hob and sink for kitchen ergonomics. If the hob and sink is placed on the same side, the fridge will have to be on the opposite side to maximise kitchen worktop space. If the fridge is on the opposite side, it means I cannot have 1 side of the kitchen without top cabinets as the dish rack unit is directly above the sink.

hope you get what I'm trying to say... =x

Anyway, having the gas pipe routed all the way to the opposite side cost me $20 kopi lui to the gas pipe installation uncle only. =X

Edited by harocarlos

The replacement MBR door and sliding door is up! Both will be painted in white later...

20140518_160933_Android_zps5dd392f9.jpg

20140518_164212_Android_zps6e79a4ae.jpg

Hi harocarlos,

Mind sharing the cost of installing this sliding door? Thinking of doing similar to optimize room space. Thanks in advance.

Thanks.. photos of the sink area:

20140713_223425_zps454b59c1.jpg

20140713_223436_zps7b96bfda.jpg

Kompacplus is fine with water. It has pretty good reviews online, which is why we selected kompacplus. Yes, sealed to the wall with silicon.

Fluid test on kompacplus.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZA__oa9-SA

Heat and fire test on kompacplus.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmRZK_KhtgQ

hi... can i ask where did u buy the black container u have in ur sink?

i have been looking for something like this but can't find..

tks

hi... can i ask where did u buy the black container u have in ur sink?

i have been looking for something like this but can't find..

tks

Interested to know too. Do share, thanks!

Hi harocarlos,

Mind sharing the cost of installing this sliding door? Thinking of doing similar to optimize room space. Thanks in advance.

Hi, the timber sliding door is $520 because it is painted. If laminated, it will be $200 more.

• Like 1

hi mechu81, the decision to place the hob on the other side is because we adopted the "triangle" layout between the fridge, hob and sink for kitchen ergonomics. If the hob and sink is placed on the same side, the fridge will have to be on the opposite side to maximise kitchen worktop space. If the fridge is on the opposite side, it means I cannot have 1 side of the kitchen without top cabinets as the dish rack unit is directly above the sink.

hope you get what I'm trying to say... =x

Anyway, having the gas pipe routed all the way to the opposite side cost me $20 kopi lui to the gas pipe installation uncle only. =X

I see. Makes sense now. Thanks!

• Like 1