Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Scandipenguin

Our Modern/industrial (& Hopefully Rustic) Scandinavian Nest

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi 12,

We hacked away the door and windows. Because of the way the door is installed by HDB, hacking it away will inevitably affect the tiling. And yes, you most definitely need to do re-tiling works. I will PM u the cost.

thanks for sharing ScandiPenguin! Do you mind sharing a picture of the position between the service yard and the kitchen? I saw you still have wall there. Did you completely hack off the whole wall? e.g. ceiling to floor?

Hi Hi,

Can advise me on the feedback for your Samaire ceiling fan?

How much and where did you get yours?

Heritage is selling the 49 inch one at $400 (1 year discount) before bargaining and I was hopping to get your feedback if there are any places where it will be cheaper.

Hi, able to share more photos of your kitchen? the other side of your kitchen with the hob and hood? Thks!

Here are some pictures of the "other side" of my kitchen! We have a nice miniature desert garden going on there in the green IKEA pot nicely done up by hubby. Much love!

We have a F&P sandstone fridge that blends really well with our concept. Love the fact the the freezer is at the bottom and the main food compartment is on top. Don't have to bend too much to access food! Two thumbs up! :notti:

Lights are again from taobao. We changed the bulbs so we can have more light in the kitchen. Mandatory to change TB light bulbs if you are using them as your main light source.

20140922_210949_zps4c1fd63c.jpg

thanks for sharing ScandiPenguin! Do you mind sharing a picture of the position between the service yard and the kitchen? I saw you still have wall there. Did you completely hack off the whole wall? e.g. ceiling to floor?

This is the view from the other side of the kitchen looking out into the service yard. We only hacked away the windows and door. Left the walls there as we still wanted to partition the service yard and kitchen in some way and also, so that we can have a clean stop to where the kitchen cabinets will go. You can go all the way and extend your kitchen. Depends on how you want to style it and your budget. But then you would lose your place to hang some clothes! I've seen some pretty decent and chic looking open concept kitchens here in renotalk where the walls between the kitchen and living are hacked. Very innovative and very nice but also very expensive. :thumbs up:

20140922_211237_zpsba89011f.jpg

• Like 1

Here are some other views of our living area.

We've got some Bruce Lee action going on in the hallway. Again the nice artworks of the hubby. He must have gotten A in arts class! :notti:

20140923_195030_zpsed5e882f.jpg

Our living under the spotlight :idea:

20140923_195503_zpsf876ebe1.jpg

The antique looking pocketwatch-like clock we got at a shop in Singapore.

20140923_195250_zps54f15d78.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Hi,

Can advise me on the feedback for your Samaire ceiling fan?

How much and where did you get yours?

Heritage is selling the 49 inch one at $400 (1 year discount) before bargaining and I was hopping to get your feedback if there are any places where it will be cheaper.

Hi Ken82,

We bought ours from Heritage. It really looks good, ours is the glossy black one. The wind generated is acceptable as well. We have ours in the tv area of our living. However, when we are sitting in our dining table, we don't really feel the wind anymore. That is like, approx 3m away from the centre of the fan. Hope that helps!

Hi scandipenquin, how many watts was your kitchen lights? I doubt my edison bulb (comes with the tb lights) works for the kitchen.. I'll go blind sooner or later! :/

Did u opt to put in the handles to your kitchen cabinets?

Hi bianzi!

Yes we did. Handles are nice as you can use them to hang towels. :-D

But we did learn a lesson or two about placement and length of the handles. :sport-smiley-018:

Share the lesson lei... I am thinking if I shd buy the handles from ikea and drill in myself

As you can see my handles are the long kind, plus I am installing them horizontally. We have some trouble when opening the doors and we found the handles either knocked into each other, or knocked onto the wall, end up, we couldn't open the door completely. You would definitely save a lot of trouble if you just choose very short handles or install them vertically. Just a reminder to note down the length of the handles you want, make sure your doors can still open nicely, before actual installation. We asked our ID to amend 2-3 times because of this issue.. :wacko: