Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Scandipenguin

Our Modern/industrial (& Hopefully Rustic) Scandinavian Nest

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi Scandipenguin,

Will you comfortable to send your quote, as a newbie in reno I like compare and learn more about the coming quotation I will face to avoid my chances to become a robert head(kanna chop)?

Thanks you in advance :)

My email is zane_loke@yahoo.com.sg

Yours sincerely,

ZaneousL

Hello pforpeggy!

I can pm u the costs. Since we are going for scandi-industrial-raw look, we are going to paint the pipes black. glossy black to be exact. :jammin:

HI scandi,

Can pm me the cost of hacking away the kitchen wall?

Thank you.

Hi Scandipenguin,

Your place is truly amazing & inspirational to all especially the kitchen design. Love it to the max. I was wondering will you be kind enough to pm me the information of your quotation from your ID & your ID contacts. Thks a million.

Rdgs

graphicj

graphicj@singnet.com.sg

Here are some other views of our living area.

We've got some Bruce Lee action going on in the hallway. Again the nice artworks of the hubby. He must have gotten A in arts class! :notti:

20140923_195030_zpsed5e882f.jpg

Our living under the spotlight :idea:

20140923_195503_zpsf876ebe1.jpg

The antique looking pocketwatch-like clock we got at a shop in Singapore.

20140923_195250_zps54f15d78.jpg

hi Scandipenguin,
may you share how you clean (if you do) the brickwall before moving in? Im about to move in to my new BTO, i had a brickwall done too, but the feeling of the brickwall is a bit chalky+dusty feel?
Do you leave it as it is? or you did some cleaning as well?
Thanks.

Hi pixyish,

Just some brushing and vacuuming will do. :sport-smiley-018:

thank you! i did brushing and the vacuuming as well, but no difference. =/

anyway, did you do the drilling to the brickwall urself? any tips on this?

thanks

Hi scandipenguin,

Like your house so much!! I am another scandi fan.. Do you mind to pm me for the cost of ur Reno and Contractor/ID's contact.

Really not easy to source for ID..

Thanks in advance☺️

Hi Scandipenguin,
Will you comfortable to send your quote, as a newbie in reno I like compare and learn more about the coming quotation I will face to avoid my chances to become a robert head(kanna chop)?
Thanks you in advance :)
My email is zane_loke@yahoo.com.sg
Yours sincerely,
ZaneousL

can i also have ur id or contractor contact? thank you!

hihi, could you share you ID contacts and where did you get your TV console from? thanks!!!

Hi Scandipenguin,

Your place is truly amazing & inspirational to all especially the kitchen design. Love it to the max. I was wondering will you be kind enough to pm me the information of your quotation from your ID & your ID contacts. Thks a million.

Rdgs

graphicj

graphicj@singnet.com.sg

hihi, could you share you ID contacts and where did you get your TV console from? thanks!!!

Hi All! :sport-smiley-018:

Thanks for the compliments on my home. My ID is Jimmy from 3D Innovations. As with all other things online, I would still strongly suggest future home owners to do their own research and read plenty of reviews before deciding on an ID/contractor. Bear in mind that some contractors label themselves as ID, but is really just a contractor in the end. Ask yourselves a few questions before deciding on one:

1) Does he understand what we want?

2) Can we communicate well?

3) Has he proven himself to be a good and efficient project manager? (A competent and efficient project manager turns out to be a very big deal for us. We got quite vexed at one point when the ID wasn't quite living up to our expectations. *we are both virgos. :-p*)

4) Can he propose good and practical ideas for our home?

5) Do we already know what we want for our home? This will pave the answer for the next question.

6) Do we want a DESIGNER or a CONTRACTOR? Of course the latter tend to be cheaper.

Enjoy the whole process of renovation! Meet up with these ID/contractors! Visit their 'showrooms/showflats'! Those were three quite tiring but extremely exciting months in our lives! We wouldn't trade that for anything else. :good:

Have a happy xmas renotalk-ers!

IMAG0129_zpse80e1719.jpg