Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
chilarvet

$500 For 3D Design Drawings Reasonable?

Hi,

Just want to check with everyone here if you have ever paid for a 3D design drwaing(s) from an ID and not sign the renovation contract with them before?

How is the payment like? Re-fundable? and how much?

The ID I am meeting requested for $500 to do the 3D design(s?) which will be off-set from the renovation contract if I sign with them, however if I don't it is non-refundable.

$500 seems a bit steep... Dont know if anyone has experienced this before?

Any advice on this would greatly help. Sorry I wont be identifying the ID so as not to cause them any trouble. Just want to find out more information on this.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Have your received the quotation? Few forumers feedback that they had forgone the money paid for 3D drawings, because the quotation turned out expensive. This is a risk you have to consider. If you have already received the quotation and satisfied with it, then should be fine. ID/Contractor will never refund any money received from us :no: .

Edited by gemini

I guess 500 is an average price in the market, some IDs even charge 1000 for 3d drawing.

Hmm.. ok. They are quire reputable and maybe that's why they charge that sum of money.

Have your received the quotation? Few forumers feedback that they had forgone the money paid for 3D drawings, because the quotation turned out expensive. This is a risk you have to consider. If you have already received the quotation and satisfied with it, then should be fine. ID/Contractor will never refund any money received from us :no: .

HI,

Nope I have not received their quotation yet. I am meeting the ID this saturday and was told to prepare the $500 to give them after the meet up. The whole idea of the meet up is to see how they can meet our expectations, budget and choosing of materials.

I guess $500 could be inclusive of all these services plus the 3D drawings too?

Most ID provides 3D only after contract is signed and 10% deposit is collected. My advice is to ask for the quotation first else even if you are satisfied with the 3D but not the quotation, you may have to forgo the $500 paid.

second Gemini...most wont ask u for 3d money first...they will want to quote u 1st on carpentry & major works like hacking etc and talk abt design ltr

Hi,

Just want to check with everyone here if you have ever paid for a 3D design drwaing(s) from an ID and not sign the renovation contract with them before?

How is the payment like? Re-fundable? and how much?

The ID I am meeting requested for $500 to do the 3D design(s?) which will be off-set from the renovation contract if I sign with them, however if I don't it is non-refundable.

$500 seems a bit steep... Dont know if anyone has experienced this before?

Any advice on this would greatly help. Sorry I wont be identifying the ID so as not to cause them any trouble. Just want to find out more information on this.

Thanks!

Hi,

The money is of course not refundable, my friend. The id have to spend time to design and produce the 3d drawings, if every prospect ask for 3d drawing from the id and did not sign up with them, they would have wasted their efforts and worse, there will be people who 'steal' the foc 3d drawings and give it to a contractor to reno their flat.

However, do note that as most of the hdb layout is more or less the same, the $500 3d drawing that you paid, might not be a original drawing just for you exclusively, it might be recycled and use by the id several time.

Lastly, i dun't think there will be a id that will provide you free 3d drawing if you do not sign up with them. The best or closest alternative would be to request the id to bring you to view his on-going projects.

Most ID provides 3D only after contract is signed and 10% deposit is collected. My advice is to ask for the quotation first else even if you are satisfied with the 3D but not the quotation, you may have to forgo the $500 paid.

second Gemini...most wont ask u for 3d money first...they will want to quote u 1st on carpentry & major works like hacking etc and talk abt design ltr

I see. Thats a good suggestion. Shall look through her quotation first before asking for the 3D design.

Hi,

The money is of course not refundable, my friend. The id have to spend time to design and produce the 3d drawings, if every prospect ask for 3d drawing from the id and did not sign up with them, they would have wasted their efforts and worse, there will be people who 'steal' the foc 3d drawings and give it to a contractor to reno their flat.

However, do note that as most of the hdb layout is more or less the same, the $500 3d drawing that you paid, might not be a original drawing just for you exclusively, it might be recycled and use by the id several time.

Lastly, i dun't think there will be a id that will provide you free 3d drawing if you do not sign up with them. The best or closest alternative would be to request the id to bring you to view his on-going projects.

Hi,

True that. 3D designs are the designers hard work, but like you said they could be also recycled from other projects. Hmm.. so maybe like gemini and TengLiJun said, I should get their quotation first.

Yup, going to ask for them to bring me to some of their sites that they have done similar themes to what I am requesting for too. Apparently, my this ID has done several similar themes before and under this same ID.

Will update everyone after meeting her this Saturday.

Cheers!

Hi everyone,

In the end I decided to go ahead with the deposit, as she was very detailed and knew her stuff when it came to my theme (country style). Furthermore she has done several other projects similar to this theme too.

Guess I'll wait 3 weeks later to see her design work and all.

Don give anything unless you are sure you want to engage the ID. I have paid $1000 for so call 3d drawing. Turn out the drawing, i think I go magazine cut and paste better than they draw. These drawing also does not come with dimensions nor and specification and in my opinion i feel that flip magazine and show them what i want also can.I heard some ID only allow max changes to the drawing of 3 times and subsequently you need to pay for any further amendment. Like what others had said, some of these drawings can be recycled from previous project as well. Maybe its only me that had this bad experience. This is a very risky option. In my opinion, why paid some money for something you have not even see yet! Its like you are buying a piece of furniture but the seller show you a blank paper and say "hey.. hand me $500 and i go back get the catalogs to show you, so in order to prove your sincerity in buying from us and i won waste my effort!" Don't sound logical to me. This is my experience. Peace :bleah:

So meaning we should obtain the quotation first w/o seeing the 3D drawings? By the way, anyone know how many pieces of 3D drawings we should be getting & number of times modification is allow? I heard some ID receive as high like $3,000 for 3D drawings.

quotation is free... 3d drawings are free if u sign contract with them... they wan make sure u engage them if not they do free drawings for u.. imo drawings not important.. unless u wana do something really special

So meaning we should obtain the quotation first w/o seeing the 3D drawings? By the way, anyone know how many pieces of 3D drawings we should be getting & number of times modification is allow? I heard some ID receive as high like $3,000 for 3D drawings.

Wah.. Never heard of $3,000 but I paid $300 for my 3D drawings cause I have not signed the contract with them yet. I've got special requirements to the design, so like StevenNg said it's only free if you sign the contract with them.

I've done 3 changes to the 3D drawings already and my id said I can keep changing till I'm satisfied before I sign the contract. :)