Sign in to follow this  
Puggy

Our Scandinavian Home

A few lightings up

Study room

photo1-10.jpg

Hallway

photo2-12.jpg

Hopefully the rest of the lights can be up by next week because I'm having furniture delivered. Looking at the progress now, I'm a bit worried that I won't be able to move in by end Sep. Although I didn't have a lot of work done, but it seems like there's still a lot of stuff to be done.

Door frames painted black, awaiting for the white doors to be installed.

photo5-7.jpg

A taobao buy, wooden stepladder. Solid wood and very sturdy.

photo3-9.jpg

photo4-8.jpg

hi where did u get the ceiling light for the study room?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Puggy

how's the quality of the Eames chair?

could you also kindly share the TB link for the 3 nice looking metal containers shown on page 2?

Thanks

Hi oneoff, unfortunately I haven't opened the package yet. Might be doing so tomorrow though!

Peg basket: http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.3.w4002-152168368.58.LFQYRZ&id=39857601170

The links to the other two have been taken down.

Common bathroom stuff up, except for the lights at the mirror

photo3-11.jpg

photo4-9.jpg

More tracklights up

At the back of the living room

photo1-11.jpg

Master bedroom

photo2-13.jpg

My beloved Ikea sofa!

photo3-10.jpg

Ok this was supposed to be one of the highlights in the living room, the light at the TV side

I love love love love this light, it just fits in perfectly with my theme and decor. But when it was put up, the light ended up to be low.

Before anybody stands under it

photo5-8.jpg

When Mr Foo stood under it.

photo2-14.jpg

I was trying so hard to justify to my husband to keep the light. We are shorter than Mr Foo/ we will be sitting down most of the time/ easier to change light bulb but he just wouldn't budge on this. :~

So now I have to find another light. Really sad that I won't be able to use this light at all.

Hellonub, how did your light installation go? Did u decide to use it in the end? For me if I could I would but my husband didn't like it to be so low :(

Hi Puggy, can I ask what is the dimension of the subway tiles you are using for yhour kitchen? Are they from Hafary?

I am not sure of the dimensions but yes they are from Hafary. I went to the one at Balestier and there was a panel of subway tiles on display, which were the ones I used.

Fixed up a standing fan that I got from taobao. Love the metal finish.

photo1-13.jpg

My army of chairs from Ikea and taobao. I opened up the package containing the Eames chair but didn't take out the bubble wrap yet. On first look, the chair seems smaller than expected. To be honest I did not see this chair in real life before so not sure what to expect.

photo3-12.jpg

The Eames chair is not very big. You can search for the dimension online & there is a shop in City Square Mall that carries it.

I think it's Pickett & Rail if I am not mistaken.

Edited by Khng

The Eames replica chair is not big because of the legs but perfect for using as dining chairs. However if using for work desks, maybe not as the back is not firm enough for support.

There's one Eames chair on display at picket & rail's kuka premium showroom at IMM though. I remember that Eames chair feeling solid when I tried lifting up but the ones from TB is different. I could be mistaken about the weight though as it was a brief feel of the chair at IMM.