Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Raydon

Our Reno Journey

thanks bro! saw that u also posted on our facebook page! haha

hope the kitchen sink and tap reaches me in 1 piece. hahaha

i had to use this pic to convince my mrs that its not that 'coffee shop' looking.. :lol:

etwq61.jpg

Hi Raydon, is this light bright enough for your room? I'm about to purchase the fan with light also, just wonder how bright it is. How much you pay for this fan?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi, i intend to install this fan in my living room. i have downlights there too. so brightness is not so much of our concern.

we just want to have a combination of white and warm lights.

but i'll let u know once i install the fan and if it is bright enough. :)

Hi Raydon, is this light bright enough for your room? I'm about to purchase the fan with light also, just wonder how bright it is. How much you pay for this fan?

One week later is Air Con installation

And first coat of painting is up!

ixwchy.jpg

29uofm0.jpg

Looks familiar? hahaha...

my MBR. contractor suggest to have a darker colour for the bed wall...

dpv6zp.jpg

Care to share how do we define a "maintenance free" hood? This hood doesn't need to replace any filters etc? Juz need to wipe clean? I'm also gonna get a chimney hood (becoz looks good), but hates the idea of cleaning and having the need to replace consumables

haha PTopaz, technically we still need to wash and wipe the hood. my "maintenance free" mean no need to buy/change filter. Just wash will do.

One week later is Air Con installation

And first coat of painting is up!

ixwchy.jpg

29uofm0.jpg

Looks familiar? hahaha...

my MBR. contractor suggest to have a darker colour for the bed wall...

dpv6zp.jpg

is it expensive to have design at the bottom half of the wall?? nice~

haha PTopaz, technically we still need to wash and wipe the hood. my "maintenance free" mean no need to buy/change filter. Just wash will do.

is it expensive to have design at the bottom half of the wall?? nice~

My contractor quoted me $900. The cheapest among all the quotes i received. Mr k quoted me 2.8k iirc.

Removed the windows and door at the service yard.

sypjpk.jpg

This is a great idea. I did a similar removal. Matter of fact I hack away the walls as well.

Kitchen feels more spacious and more natural light. The walls , windows are pretty redundant..

Imagine where all the fumes escape to when cooking? Surely not living room. :bleah:

Air-Con pipes installation day!

My contractor told me he will be there to co-ordinate with the air con pple. being the worried kind, i also took leave to ensure everything goes smoothly.

and true enough, my contractor didn't make it at the appointment time. lucky i was there.

Took a few photo of the progress first.

Wall lining and cornices all up.

oggf3l.jpg

10qfpmr.jpg

2nc31uf.jpg

Cornices (with my living room air con location)

21mdtf4.jpg

Removed the windows and door at the service yard.

sypjpk.jpg

Leveled the floor at the entrance so that my vinyl can go all the way out

2hxouwi.jpg

want to do the same as your front entrance, but worried that when TC do the washing, water will seep below the vinyl. I walked past your place yesterday, from the outside look like country style with the design at the bottom of the wall.

DarkWings, thanks.... All chimney designs needs filter replacement?

hmm... actually i nv really research much on hood~ i have purchased my hood before i went to Hoe Kee where they introduce to me this hood (the one eelnaes purchased. which they do not need any filter, just to wash the tray. Save cost in long run as well.

My contractor quoted me $900. The cheapest among all the quotes i received. Mr k quoted me 2.8k iirc.

haha~ too late for me to think about it now~ is consider as carpentry work right?

haha we decide on just the windows/door removal because of the cost. thought it will be a lot cheaper compared to whole wall removal..

This is a great idea. I did a similar removal. Matter of fact I hack away the walls as well.

Kitchen feels more spacious and more natural light. The walls , windows are pretty redundant..

Imagine where all the fumes escape to when cooking? Surely not living room. :bleah:

my contractor did ask me if i want slope or step.. i guess step is better TC washing?

i did voice out on the your concern before.. he mentioned that there is this aluminium sleeve and vinyl is water proof.. so i guess should be fine..

are u also on the same floor as me? :D

want to do the same as your front entrance, but worried that when TC do the washing, water will seep below the vinyl. I walked past your place yesterday, from the outside look like country style with the design at the bottom of the wall.

from what i read online.. understand that those filter will help to 'remove' the smell...

haha your place already done swee swee.. very nice alr la~ :thumbs up:

i think its considered as carpentry work...

hmm... actually i nv really research much on hood~ i have purchased my hood before i went to Hoe Kee where they introduce to me this hood (the one eelnaes purchased. which they do not need any filter, just to wash the tray. Save cost in long run as well.

haha~ too late for me to think about it now~ is consider as carpentry work right?

Edited by Raydon

• Like 1

Air Cons

MBR

2emlyjs.jpg

Bedroom

21ail2x.jpg

Living room - notice that the cornices is cut away for the FCU

2f06h5i.jpg

Shower screen also up.

Common bath

vrrjtg.jpg

MBR

258te00.jpg

Edited by Raydon

• Like 1

Lousy window panel by HDB

this is a common problem for my BTO. the powder coating will come off if we using masking tape on it (when they paint)

fk19bn.jpg

10i7wbo.jpg

I can ask BSC to rectify it for me.. but feel like ignoring it and let it be. since i will be installing window grills.

Should i? :dunno:

Edited by Raydon

i also noticed that there are damages on my front door.

due to things (stones, sharp objects) they used as door stopper

5etsmu.jpg

fnsg1w.jpg

qr14qd.jpg

told my contractor and he say he will settle. dont know how he is going to do it.

anybody has any idea?