Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
seowleng

Come Home For Dinner, Ok!...[Repurchased 5Rm Flat In Tampines]

Updates updates!

Evorich HERF Vinyl (Eggshell) flooring for 3 bedrooms - Done!

-went over to 'spot check' on the worksmanship.

-they fix like jigsaw puzzle, very fast and neat

-start at 9am, almost 40% done by 11am.

-didn't stay on to see the completion though. No worries, got chance one.

(Will update photos later. Don't know how to attach using iPhone,keke)

So far, my house is about 70% complete. Left main thing is carpentry and small things like air con, window grills.

Oh yes, and some painting of walls to be done ---> myself. Mainly white and maybe 1 wall of momento. Didn't ask Nicholas to do it as most of the walls are already white upon receiving of keys. No fanciful colours as I'm trying to make the place big and bright as possible.

For those completed works, so far, I'm quite impressed by my ID works. No complain so far. A few times had some hipcups, he will called and let me know "don't worry, I will settle for you." After few days when I visit the flat, really all Swee Swee done up. Really glad I chose this reliable ID. I mean I have heard multiple stories on Renotalk that IDs can make some mistakes like wrong Colour, wrong decisions,etc. luckily for me, Nicholas is there to over-watch all my Reno while I busy away feeding milk. Haha.

What I heard is that he also has a few seasoned carpenters who do very good carpentry. I have seen and tested the hinges n 'soft-closing' of cabinets at his office. No branded Blum needed here as I'm on budget, but you will be surprise how well the drawers close.

Nicholas informed me that my carpentry will start tomorrow morning. Seriously, I can't wait for them to complete.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Oh yes...im here to upload the Evorich HERF Vinyl (Eggshell) flooring photos.

very happy over the vinyl flooring.

IMG_0364_zps49544a21.jpg

this is how the packaging looks like. at first i thought why Evroich give me this 'Allure' brand? then after asking around, i realised that this is the real stuffs.

haha. this real stuffs is VERY HEAVY MAN!!! there are only 8pcs per box but it takes a lot of strength to carry just a single box!!!

IMG_0365_zpseee79003.jpg

workers installing the vinyl.

IMG_0383_zps9e2c2c93.jpg

this is Eggshell colour. for those who wanna reference.

IMG_0382_zps1736695f.jpg

another angle. please note that all these are taken using my iPhone 5s camera. no lights. all are natural lights from windows.

im so busy that i have to delay all my postings. Apologises for all these late photos.

(just don't take the dates into considerations.)

Next up: Citygas. (headache, why i said that?)

i think they are quite famous for putting Aeroplane. Nicholas told me they put him aeroplane at least 2 times liao. thats why my kitchen carpentry was delayed also.

anyway, its up.

IMG_0400_zpsc898ef02.jpg

u all can see the bright copper pipes are the newly installed MRT tracks.

IMG_0402_zpsca491c07.jpg

this is perhaps the most common/popular model gas heaters liao. i ask the staff at Citygas and they told me this one.

i bought it on the LAST DAY of their recent promotion. so cost is $300/nett + free installation of piping.

after some minor cleaning. my tiles looking good.

IMG_0367_zpsda29bb07.jpg

my playful daughter posing! haha.

IMG_0289_zps73fd3d3f.jpg

electrical wires running here and there...

IMG_0287_zps4808fec7.jpg

another view. look at the evenness. (is there such a word?!?)

if you all have eagle eyes, will note that my door have 2 colours...argh!! i hate the original yellowish colour. so i tried painting white Nippon paint ($11) on a small part of the door to see the effect.

of coz, wife agreed that the pure white is nicer! but no time for now...will continue. luckily test paint on the inside, not outside, else i have to complete in 1 shot, else very ugly! hahaha.

At the same time, my sink support is also up!

LOVING my BLANCO sink SOOO Much!!!! i think i will wash hands everyday HERE instead of the toilet basin!!!!!!

IMG_0158_zpseec1e19d.jpg

you will note that the tiler did not tile up the side of the sink support.

At first, i was quite shocked and ask Nicholas..."Nick, like that ah?"

Nicholas told me he actually help me UPGRADE!

he will help me wrapped the whole thing with carpentry and laminate. He says he will ABSORB the COST of this which was not in the quotation! Woohoo!!! like strike 4D like that.

Nicholas told me that he usually will do it for customers when he feels its nicer, else he cannot sleep over ugly projects. (he will have nightmare and migraine, hahaha!)

another view of BLANCO SINK AGAIN!!!

so NICE!!!!

IMG_0159_zps1abf0b78.jpg

ok. i promise not to post anymore of this sink until completion. else scully Renotalk moderators kick me out for wasting bandwidth. hahahahaha. :fire:

Its like every kids dream to see delivery lorry/van! coz that means your items are here!!!!!

so happy to see them unload. i even wanted to offer my help to unload the items.

workers say no need, scare i anyhow move, spoilt everything. haha.

IMG_0423_zpsdaca0a14.jpg

yes...Eagle eye again, Corona Maple. i think those who uses will know what this code is. i have NO CHOICE but to use this, coz its too **** nice!

actually wanted to be same as one of the forumers here to use in kitchen cabinet, but was rejected by ID. so change to wardrobe.

IMG_0436_zps762a3423.jpg

so much that lorry have to fetch 2 times. haha. 2 bedrooms filled with gigantic lego blocks!

Singapura, Oh Singapura, Sunny Island, set in my house....

yeah! my Island is here! (incomplete, but so happy to see it arrive!)

i was so inspired to have an island after i visit IKEA. (they have a big island, 1.8m x 1.2m in the kitchen section) i visited it a number of times. even dragging down Nicholas to IKEA with me over a few chicken wings to discuss about 'replicating' or getting the concept of island i wanted. in the end, i settled for a 1.5m x 1m island as I'm afraid it limit the walkway to the kitchen.

IMG_0426_zpsa7d899d4.jpg

basically, reasons for wanting to build an island:

1) a gathering point for family meetings/dicussions

2) baking/cooking

3) a place for parties stuffs, informal gatherings

4) lao yu shen, birthday cake

5) I'm creating a white glass wall for my daughter (mini-classroom) --> i don't really know how to explain this point. or just wait till completion and it will be clear cut answer.

not sure why my walls are yellowish. maybe due to off balance of iPhone camera. it should be just white. yes, WHITE.

HELP needed!

off topic, side track a little, although still related to Reno. its about Taobao. i know it has been discuss many times, but I'm still confused. I'm F9 in chinese. I'm serious, i score F9 for my O levels. can talk, cannot read.u know what i mean.... :dunno:

basically i wanted to buy this items.

1) http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z0d.6639537.1997196601.4.a4NYvB&id=39901259324

White 120cm x 80cm table.

2) http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z0d.6639537.1997196601.64.a4NYvB&id=37888987075

4 x white chairs

3) http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a1z0d.6639537.1997196601.53.a4NYvB&id=37390530030

4 x high chair

4) http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a1z0d.6639537.1997196601.35.a4NYvB&id=23785224195

1 x A style stool, 1 x C style stool

here comes my questions:

1) Should i use Taobao forwarders (e.g. 4PK) or Peeka?

2) correct me if I'm wrong, 4PK ship using /kg (doesn't matter how big item is). Peeka ship using volume cubic cm(doesn't matter how heavy item is)

3) can i conclude that if i have big tickets items to ship (e.g. tables, chairs), use Peeka. and small items (e.g. hangers, bags, clothes) use 4PK?

Or can anyone who have shipped exactly the same item (more importantly is Item 1, 2 and 3)? can tell me roughly what is the shipping cost and how you go about doing it?

over the next few days, the carpentry took place. Transformation is accelerated here.

IMG_0438_zps54ed616f.jpg

the master 'blueprint' of the carpenter.

IMG_0434_zpsdc015cb7.jpg

messy and dusty but all worth it.

eagle eyes... ya lor.. stupid HDB. make such ugly and weird pipes --> a lot of my cabinet spaces wasted! but i really have to :bow: the carpenter who did my kitchen cabinet. he really save and gives me as much remaining space as he can. really cannot ask for anything else.

IMG_0435_zps24630eca.jpg

has a chit chat with carpenter and realised he has more than 20yrs experience under his belt. I'm safe in his hands.

IMG_0437_zps95a1004b.jpg

the part where my ID, Nicholas promised for upgrade. haha.

he will ask carpenter to 'wrapped' up the whole sink support nicely and swee sweely.

IMG_0439_zps215f9e5c.jpg

no joke. even underneath also wrapped. not sure if you all can see or understand from this photo or not.

anyway, i quickly come home and compared with my current house and realised my current one was exposed.

so i will rate Renoguyz's carpentry --> 5 stars. :good:

Meanwhile, i was busying painting my house.

and i did a wall of Nippon Momento.

IMG_0430_zpsbe71fc76.jpg

Colour chosen : Reflections

IMG_0433_zpsafa8f5ff.jpg

i think i did more than 1000 strokes...hand swollen after that. hahaha. no shortcuts, brush by brush.

i purchased my Nippon Momento in Malaysia during their promo recently. so you all can expect how cheap i got mine..keke.

IMG_0431_zpsc4bc2720.jpg

no TV feature wall done. so i decided to moment it for some effects.

-TV wall feature (expensive, i scare very hard to change wires if TV spoilt.)

-Wallpaper (expensive, i scare peel after a few years)

-Nippon Momento (cheap! although not the nicest of all)

IMG_0432_zps9014ca37.jpg

an even closer look at the details and effects.