Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
seowleng

Come Home For Dinner, Ok!...[Repurchased 5Rm Flat In Tampines]

IMG_0458_zps9bf5efb9.jpg

IMG_0459_zps19c09cb4.jpg

haha...my secret compartment! woohoo!

informed my ID that i wanted a socket to 'grow' out of my wardrobe. so that i can put our iPhones and charge on top of the L cabinet.

so this is what he came out with. practical and did not waste any of my space.

the bottom is also extended fully in to make full use of whatever space there is.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

aspialle,

Reno on scheduled. As this is not a new BTO, Reno timing is about like that. Actually I taking my own time to paint, no rushing for me.

Haha. Actually Corona Maple is quite popular as I have seen a few Renotalk users used them. Love the raw and Matt look of this laminate. My kitchen cabinet is more on the safer side as it has to go with the rest of colours in that area.

Lelong Lelong!!!! good things must share..

for IKEA fans..

ScreenShot2014-09-08at53007pm_zpsa83e63c

IKEA member sale for only $29!!! couldn't resist and bought 3!

solid wood. can used as a bench, and storage. promotion till Oct..but limited stocks. i bought on Sunday, left about 16 on shelves.

Row 10, Rack 16! grab ah!

Finally got the CHANCE to post! 2 weeks after I moved into my new house!

The BIG MOVe has finally been completed. OpenNet up, Fibre up, iMac up!

#Tips 101:

- You have to call yr telco (M1) to let them know that you are shifting to new address before the actual move if you are intending to transferring yr existing account.

-if not, you will be stuck with a few days without yr internet like me! It will take a few days to weeks (depending on the telco or service)

I will continue to post remaining photos with captions.

Feel feel to browse around.

Fixing up my storeroom rack. ---> Myself!

to save some money, i transferred my old sturdy storeroom rack to my new storeroom.

luckily, the measurement is exactly!

taking the rack apart is easy..with the proper tools.

but fixing up is ****! i took almost 3hrs!

but very satisfactory. (note: this is not the modern bolt-less kind. this is the bolt and nut type.)

IMG_0538_zps17dc560a.jpg

IMG_0539_zps0690de1d.jpg

almost done!

IMG_0541_zps5de0d2d0.jpg

tada!

IMG_0607_zps1168568b.jpg

kitchen countertop up! i chose black granite to add contrast to the kitchen cabinet.

if look closely, can see bling bling. chose from Hafary tiles. i think somewhere in Paya Lebar or Ubi area (forget...Nicholas brought me there to chose)

IMG_0608_zps00d2f86d.jpg

whole view

IMG_0609_zps40764005.jpg

Island top is also up. LOVE IT!!!!

Actually chose black granite like the kitchen countertop, but could not sleep one night, kept thinking that the island needs to stand out MORE! Don't care lah, Whatsapp Nicholas in the middle of the night, told him i want to change to 'Blue Pearl granite' which i have saw earlier at Hafary, just that its a little more expensive. Again, Nicholas promised to úpgrade this without charging more. haha. That night, I had a wonderful sleep.

IMG_0626_zps5e82dc63.jpg

close look at the island blue pearl top.

the photo doesn't do justice to the real thing. coz not sure its the angle or skills....but can't seem to capture the REAL thing!

Its actually more greyish, with silvery and blue sparkles as you move along your eyes.

(I actually saw SMRT uses this blue pearl granite at one of the MRT station on their station granite benches. - was it City Hall?)

Toilet

I didn't do much to both my toilet, just installed shower screen and add accessories.(was planning to put the toilet into #Reno part 2 due to budget, haha)

IMG_0714_zps799cf335.jpg

Psst! the white sink was given by Nicholas. Told him to help me look out for those "BTO projects, ppl too rich throw away good good one". There you go, it landed on one of my toilets! haha...i just need to pay installation fees - $40?

IMG_0893_zps8f9646ef.jpg

another view. requested for the shower screen to be installed on the edge rather than centre of kerb, as it :

1) gives me more space to rub soap under my armpits...haha.. I'm a fat guy

2) i can use the kerb to put all those shampoo/soap,etc.

Fans, Light, Action!

IMG_0720_zps9307d766.jpg

Nope. not KDK V60WK. Its KDK Sensa 5. haha. Spinning fast and good.

Heard a lot of ppl saying 'dun buy from Malaysia, coz it's different, will wobble' -- rubbish!

Its the same! i think its the skill of the electrician. haha.

Nicholas's electrician is skilful and he told me HDB flat is chicken feet, as he deals mainly with factories with higher voltage one.

As i'm moving in soon, Nicholas has to ask the electrician to do OT. that day, the electrician do until midnite, of coz, i didn't stay to watch midnite "movie".

IMG_0721_zps9c3626ef.jpg

LED lights installed. nope, not from taobao, because i still don't know how to order from there.

Bought from a shop from Expo fair. i think quite prominent one, always appear as a 'small stall' beside this curtain shop.

this is the brightness of 24W LED. very nice and bright, left is daylight and right is cool white.

IMG_0724_zps36a6426f.jpg

i think no Reno T-blog is complete without either :

1) brick wall

OR

2) subway tiles

Yeah! I have subway tiles! but no brick wall! haha..

IMG_0749_zps4d6d09cf.jpg

installation

IMG_0765_zpsef470b2a.jpg

close up view

IMG_0766_zpsca78fd53.jpg

swee bo!

搬家!

engaged mover, because I'm not young anymore, one hand carry baby, the other hand hold my daughter hand. and I'm recycling 90% of my furniture! let the professionals do it lah... one word -- they are STRONG! $400 per trip.

IMG_0769_zps4dd18b87.jpg

IMG_0768_zps39e92b50.jpg

more..more...

IMG_0767_zpsdeb58e9f.jpg

and MORE!!!!

IMG_0770_zpsbe507e4d.jpg

my teak sofa! long, huge and heavy. no idea how the squeeze this into the lift!

my landscape rocks!

pssst! the white one is 60+kg....and the grey one is about 80+kg!!!

Leave it to the professionals..leave it to the professionals..

IMG_0772_zps1e4e9db7.jpg

this china guy is strong! i think he is on steroids...he carried one landscape stone all by himself! crazy.... :jawdrop:

IMG_0773_zpsf0f71e86.jpg

Glass Wall!

how could i forget this...this is one of the most important and fun part of the house.

IMG_1036_zpsd0c259ab.jpg

Asked Nicholas to install this for me. great for writing...drawing...doodling...

IMG_0965_zps9e163e7f.jpg

my daughter loves it!

IMG_0967_zps7ca6c558.jpg

everyday after work, i went home to a different drawing...i think this is useful as it provides the freedom to scribble on the wall without guilt or scolding..haha.

Thank you, Nicholas!

• Like 2