Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
joannetph

Curtains Or Roller Blinds Better?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

it depends on ur preference and the design of house.

for blinds, there will always be a gap between 2 blinds. when there's strong wind, the rod at the bottom will swing and hit ur window frame which some ppl find it really noisy. maintenance of blinds is easy, just vacuum and wipe.

for curtains, when there's wind, u will not have noisy but u will have cloth flying all over. as for cleaning, depending on the fabric, some might shrink after normal wash so u will have to bring for dry cleaning. while the curtain is at wash, your house will be open for all to see. so bring out ur blankets and towels. unless you have a spare set.

pro and cons for either or. so its really depend on ur preference.

Both curtain and blinds have its strength and weakness..you can based your selection on how you want to use the room...etc room for sleeping may need to go for blackout curtain for a dark room while study room can use blinds for privacy..

I ordered my curtain for all my 3 rooms n living room last week. COST 1400 NETT. Using track pvc. Only living room with extra day curtain. Not sure how it will turn out.

I chose curtains as it is easier to maintain. I just throw them in my washer/dryer every few mths.

its easy for me. dont need to wipe the blinds. I still like the feel of curtains. makes the house more homey.

blinds remind me of the ofc. also for offices there are no open windows, it is aircon all the time 24/7 365 days.

But for home, it could get dusty and then the dust can rolled into the blinds.

in the end ....it was curtains for us....again.

we were toying with the idea of getting blinds...

everyone..from our reno contractior uncle to the the curtain guy..said curtains was the better choice.

in terms of pricing... maintenance..aesthetics.

yes..i agree with s0journer ... blinds will always remind me of ..work..office..pffftt!

oh well...curtains works for us.

maybe you wanna try blinds in a room first..see the effects.

i have seen photos of some forummers here..who have installed blinds...looks lovely!

in the end ....it was curtains for us....again. we were toying with the idea of getting blinds... everyone..from our reno contractior uncle to the the curtain guy..said curtains was the better choice. in terms of pricing... maintenance..aesthetics. yes..i agree with s0journer ... blinds will always remind me of ..work..office..pffftt! oh well...curtains works for us. maybe you wanna try blinds in a room first..see the effects. i have seen photos of some forummers here..who have installed blinds...looks lovely!

I have both, curtains and roller blinds.

Going forward, I will only use roller blinds for kitchen since it is easier to wipe and remove the grease.

I will NOT recommend roller blinds for rooms since when it get windy...especially at night ...they make a LOT OF NOISE!

I have to draw up the blinds to stop them from banging against the window grills and the walls....otherwise I cant sleep since it is so noisy.

For me..curtain can be inexpensive as long as you do not choose those fancy or expensive fabric.