Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
DaddyWinter

Teeny Weeny 3-Room Bto Flat

On 9th as well, my 3D drawings were ready. Overall, it was nice of course, just like most decent 3D drawings we can spot on HDB portfolio.

Being a realistic person, I want the drawings to be as close as what I expected it to turn out to be.

I did not thought of it earlier so did not feed him with such information, thus he wasn't to blame.

Just that when those drawings appear to me, I am like, hmm... many things I want to remove from the drawings, I do not want those artsy fartsy accessories.. Haha *picky*

I sent to my I.D the list of stuffs I wanted to edit. (accessories, windows design does not match with actual one, to redraw windows frame, to change wall colors according to my selection)

Carpentry design-wise, only Shoe cabinet design I asked for a change, I supplied the design with a picture which I found in other people's portfolio on FB and hope he can photoshop in for me, really like that design~

Also requested MBR wardrobe shelving to be re-engineered. Hopefully he have time to amend for me so I can share the final draft.

Apart from above items, I like the other carpentry designs - wardrobe design, TV consoles & features wall. Simple & neat so I am keeping them.

Afterall, a happy me despite the above changes I am requesting.

kitchen

living room

MBR view 2

MBR

shoe cabinet

Edited by DaddyWinter

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Yeah, I agree with Songz...

The space from the TV to the edge of the bed looks more than 1 meter...usually the bedframe already 2 meters...

Go "goreng" your ID... :notti:

From the 3D pictures, the MBR looks quite big.

Did you double check on the measurement of how things are placed ?

yup, haha you guys have sharp eyes like me... I have asked to shrink the measurements on 9th Sept itself for the below:-

1) MBR (too obvious, after fabricating the platform, I was expecting only a small path for me to walk to my bed)

2) Kitchen (too long, seems like a 4 or 5-room kitchen space layout)

Edited by DaddyWinter

13-Sept

Went back home today for inspection.

New works are done - False ceiling in MBR , cover up for 1-side bomb shelter, box up for living hall beam (aircon pipes)

I will say so far my I.D done a good job for me, not worrying much with his commitment in my project.

Hope renovation will continue to run smoothly as carpentry works & installation of stuff like my storage heater/sink/shower set are the core of the renovation.

20140913 164858

20140913 164730

20140913 164244

As informed by him, next week will be 2 layer of paint works, once that is completed, carpentry works will commence soon.

14th Sept

I.D came back with revised draft and I am very satisfied. This is what I wanted. Simple & realistic, most important is with the shoe cabinet design (I found it online, so it is not original design - just to be clear in case it belongs to someone's else design, I did not remember which portfolio I took it from though)& shelving structure I proposed!

Love it.

Shoe Cabinet (whoever designed it, thanks, just wanna say it totally is me and my wife's cup of tea)

Shoe Cabinet Final

Living Room

LivingRoomFinal

Kitchen

KitchenFinal

MBR view 1

MBR 1 final

MBR view 2 (with the shelving structure I proposed)

MBR 2 final

Guest Cannie Tan

Hi Daddywinter,

I have quite similar floor plan & measurement as your, was thinking of doing the L-shape wardrobe too can you share on the measurement of your wardrobe please :help:

Hi Connie, mine is not a L-shaped wardrobe, if you still need the measurement, let me know and I will check with my I.D, I don't have it yet because the carpentry work is not done , only know it will be a 6ft width wardrobe.

Hi Peipei, pm you on my ID contact, gd luck! :)

Guest Cannie Tan

Hello Daddywinter, thanks for the reply.

I wan something similar like your but was afraid the bed and wardrob does't fix into the tiny MRB...

By the way, your bed in MBR is king size or queen size ?

• Like 1

@Cannie: I bought queen size.. king size will be too big for our MBR.. queen size just nice.. maybe u ask your ID to measure a queen size bed near the window, if still have space to fabricate an open concept wardrobe.. mine have no door if you notice.. haha

If you want more space in your MBR, i wont recommend you do like mine, mine will have minimal walking path.. because I do not like the conventional way of designing my MBR so I chose this one. Felt more exclusive :D

Hi daddy winter, can pm me your id? Thanks!

Sent for your reference, good luck~

the quotation is not bad consider that it an ID firm..but be aware that 3D is just...3D...

Yup, that is why I ask him to make as realistic as possible. Not some artsy fartsy kind end up so much difference. So I am only focusing on the carpentry works (my shoe cabinet, kitchen cabinet & wardrobe)

With this design I believe it should at least look 80% close to the final product.. My ID just done the actual measurement for carpentry work with my design yesterday. Now looking forward to see the workmanship and how it turns out. Still have a lot of things to worry aside of my reno... still have blinds / aircon / ceiling fan installation (different contractors).. hope all will go smoothly.. very scared some installation not done properly give me problems.

Edited by DaddyWinter

You are lucky to have the 3D that meets 80% of your expectation. Mine is below 50%...still waiting for the 2nd 3D layout plan from my ID.

Your MBR TV console, shoe cabinets and kitchen designs are very similar to what I like to have for my new home at Costa Ris :good: