Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
XYZ123123

Bez Gallery - Olena Mattress

I am waiting for march ending. April, I will take legal action. These two guys take the same tactics. Sorry and delay again and again.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hello

Me too is scared now. Bought a three layer bed frame from them at EXPO on 14/12/14 for my new house which is ready this month end. Delivery is to be this 28/03/15. Trying to contact them is really really hard. Went down and spoke to Yiren. He is full of bull**** because when I questioned him bout 'theexquisitepromenade@yahool.com'. Why did my email bounced back and the stupidest reason he gave was 'Oh because a company with the same name was also using it and they are in the midst of suing' Did you guys notice the errors on the invoice?? Well when I realised, It was **** late already. I also paid $2000.00 for the bed frame. So will reporting to the police help? They did not even bother to call and give me a timing lei!! Wahhh super stress now.

Hi guys..Unfortunately we the victim of The Exquisite Promenade. We bought a King size bed from Yirem at $1500. Paid a deposit of $1000. To be exact 2 months before deliver date, we tried to call him. He keep rejecting our calls or didnt pick up his phone.We already filled a case to Small Tribunal Court to ask for refund.

Today, we just came back from the court, and he didnt want to refund. F***er Yirem!!!!

Hi guys..Unfortunately we the victim of The Exquisite Promenade. We bought a King size bed from Yirem at $1500. Paid a deposit of $1000. To be exact 2 months before deliver date, we tried to call him. He keep rejecting our calls or didnt pick up his phone.We already filled a case to Small Tribunal Court to ask for refund.

Today, we just came back from the court, and he didnt want to refund. F***er Yirem!!!!

Oh noooo..... did you go down to his shop at Faber Drive?

Unfair sale practices, cooling periods, and the right to cancel contracts – Consumer Protection (Fair Trading) Act

http://singaporelegaladvice.com/unfair-sale-practices-cooling-periods-right-cancel-contracts-consumer-protection-fair-trading-act/

The Consumer Protection (Fair Trading) Act (the “Act”) is a law protecting consumers in Singapore. The Act applies to most consumer transactions, but does not apply to sales of land and houses, employment contracts, and pawnbroking. The Act was formulated primarily to protect consumers against unfair practices and to give consumers additional rights in respect of goods that do not conform to contract.

Suing the supplier for unfair practices

What is an unfair practice?

A consumer who has entered into a consumer transaction involving an unfair practice can sue the supplier to obtain a refund, in addition to other remedies the court may order. However, the right to commence an action for unfair practice does not apply where the size of the monetary compensation sought by the consumer exceeds S$30,000 (see section 6(2) of the Act).

An unfair practice is defined in section 4 of the Act:

Meaning of unfair practice

4. It is an unfair practice for a supplier, in relation to a consumer transaction —

(a) to do or say anything, or omit to do or say anything, if as a result a consumer might reasonably be deceived or misled;

(b) to make a false claim;

© to take advantage of a consumer if the supplier knows or ought reasonably to know that the consumer —

(i) is not in a position to protect his own interests; or

(ii) is not reasonably able to understand the character, nature, language or effect of the transaction or any matter related to the transaction; or

(d) without limiting the generality of paragraphs (a), (b) and ©, to do anything specified in the Second Schedule.

Examples of unfair practices

Please refer to the Second Schedule of the Act for a list of examples of unfair practices.

How to sue for unfair practices?

A consumer must commence legal action within 2 years (section 12(1) of the Act describes how the time limit is calculated).

A consumer can sue for unfair practices in the Small Claims Tribunal (SCT) subject to certain restrictions (see section 7 of the Act). Among others, the SCT can hear claims involving contracts for the sale of goods or the provision of services, contracts for the lease of residential premises that does not exceed 2 years, but not a hire-purchase agreements or contracts for the sale of immovable property.

In an action in the SCT, lawyer representation is not permitted – the parties present their cases before a Registrar without lawyer representation, thereby saving on lawyer fees. If you are unsure whether the SCT can hear your claim, please contact the SCT to verify the fact.

Alternatively, if the SCT does not have the jurisdiction to hear your claim, you can also commence a civil suit in the State Courts or the High Court to advance your claim. Lawyer representation is advisable due to the more complex civil procedures involved in a civil action.

What remedies can the Small Claims Tribunal award to the consumer?

Generally, the SCT can:

1. Order the supplier to pay money to the consumer;
  2. Make a work order (to rectify the defects or replace defective parts); or
  3. Make other ancillary orders.

(See section 35 of the Small Claims Tribunal Act).

SECOND SCHEDULE
Section 4(d)
SPECIFIC UNFAIR PRACTICES
1. Representing that goods or services have sponsorship, approval, performance characteristics, accessories, ingredients, components, qualities, uses or benefits that they do not have.
2. Representing that goods or services are of a particular standard, quality, grade, style, model, origin or method of manufacture if they are not.
3. Representing that goods are new or unused if they are not or if they have deteriorated or been altered, reconditioned or reclaimed.
4. Representing that goods have been used to an extent different from the fact or that they have a particular history or use if the supplier knows it is not so.
5. Representing that goods or services are available or are available for a particular reason, for a particular price, in particular quantities or at a particular time if the supplier knows or can reasonably be expected to know it is not so, unless the representation clearly states any limitation.
6. Representing that a service, part, repair or replacement is needed or desirable if that is not so, or that a service has been provided, a part has been installed, a repair has been made or a replacement has been provided, if that is not so.
7. Representing that a price benefit or advantage exists respecting goods or services where the price benefit or advantage does not exist.
8. Charging a price for goods or services that is substantially higher than an estimate provided to the consumer, except where the consumer has expressly agreed to the higher price in advance.
9. Representing that a transaction involving goods or services involves or does not involve rights, remedies or obligations where that representation is deceptive or misleading.
10. Representing that a person has or does not have the authority to negotiate the final terms of an agreement involving goods or services if the representation is different from the fact.
11. Taking advantage of a consumer by including in an agreement terms or conditions that are harsh, oppressive or excessively one-sided so as to be unconscionable.
See the whole list of examples here:

Im here to share with u guys regarding this company. recently it has gotten to my attention that this company that u guys are referring to, has been scamming and ripping people off. i work for a transportation company which Pierce paid for to deliver his furniture. his warehouse is at 10 Woodlands close #06-15 woodlands horizon.

theres something you guys need to know which is that all of the items that u have ordered are damaged. reason is because Pierce dont care about his products and to cover up some of these defects, he uses diff sets of coloured markers to coloured off the items with same colour markers to prevent the parts where the defect is from being seen or noticed.

all your items that u have purchased have all been thrown, push (not carried) and dragged around the warehouse. the warehouse is small and theres hundreds of furniture ranging from mattresses, bed frames, head board, main bodies and sofas. before this, Pierce hire a mover company to move all these furniture to his warehouse but he wasnt present therefore the movers just dump all his furnitures anyhow and all over the place. all the furniture is being stacked one after another all over the place and once you go inside the warehouse, your stuck and theres not much movement you can make so to locate different parts of a bed ( head board, frames, body ) , Pierce has to climb and stepped on all his other furniture to find within that hundreds and thousands of pieces of furniture. and the reason its not possible to carry the furniture and shift them to one place is because, since theres no spaces to walk, all the furniture has to be dragged and thrown everywhere within the warehouse and that is how all your items are always defective when u receive them.

im sorry to say this but i might have stepped and throw around some of your furniture around before delivering them because thats the only to help Pierce to take out the parts that is to be delivered for that day. the thing is big and heavy and he needs help to find them and carry them out of the mess which is his other hundreds of furniture lying around. usually when i have a job from my boss which is to deliver Pierce beds, he would come personally to open the door to the warehouse and to locate the items and tell me which one it is. and the reason why you guys get diff items from what you ordered is because the place is impossible for me and him to find diff parts of beds as they are not together at all. one part can be at this end and one part can be at diff end or under the whole lots of stacks of beds. one more thing, most of your poducts are not fully wrapped in the warehouse and Pierce ordered me to wrap them up to make it look new before delivering them to your houses.

i hope that answers all of your questions regarding this company. honestly i feel ashame to deliver for Pierce and i told my boss lots of times that this will compromise his company's name if he were to take delivery jobs from Pierce but my boss is a money minded greedy pig and i have no choice but to just do them. i feel sorry for you guys if this jackass has been scamming you guys and im willing to help out in any way as i can with your police complaints and all. the next time i have a job from Pierce, im going to take a picture and videos to show those who are interested of how his warehouse looks like and how your products been treated in the warehouse.

Edited by Ajib

• Like 1

What is the phone number at Faber Drive?

Those who made small claim should have his home address from ACRA.

Can try visiting him at Ang Mo Kio.

He is usually home early morning or late at night.

But be mindful that he has two children and two old folks at home.

There is an alter in the house. So they may be religious.

But I can't understand why a family man can behave like this.

Doesn't he know that retribution can befall him and his family?

Scamming old and handicapped folks of their hard earned monies.

Edited by Unicorn

I believe he dump all his display furnitures from his Marina Sq showroom into his warehouse.

He is just clearing up his mess by dumping his old pieces to his victims and save storage cost.

Unicorn - the numbers on your invoice SHOULD be the faber drive address... But good luck getting through.. We only got through once and that was last year. This year we never got through at all while we tried

Edited by Inova