Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
clownprince

Colour Our Scandi Home =)

Very excited for you and looking forward to more pictures. I am exactly the same theme in mind, even the farm house sink is in my to-buy list too.

Hi Coyote, remember to get it delivered, or make sure there's two guys carrying it, dun pull your back like i did =)

on another note, there's a lot of things happening at our house now, and the carpenters have measured the sink and did up the cabinets; and most of the capentry work is done, so the sink's sitting prettily on the cabinets now and it looks great - i think the wife's gonna update about it soon.

We will prolly going to go in on Sunday for some DIY paint work before the flooring installed so hopefully can update again then =)

clownprince

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

SCANDI - So Cooling (fans!) AND Illuminated (lights!)

LIGHTS… FANS... ACTION!

here's the wife reporting again!

electrical works are done (well, almost! all except kitchen hob and hood part)!

our walls are painted as well! (almost too! because we are planning to do some DIY painting. so at least the base coats are up! ;) )

loving how the colourful DIY lights look, loving how some walls look! haha some… because some colours turned out darker than i expected SOBBBSSSS. it's so hard choosing paint colours from the small booklet! hopefully our upcoming DIY painting will make the walls look a little better!

here's a peek at our lights and fans!

introducing our…

Kitchen! :) track lights and the green pendant light by the side where our breakfast bar is going to be!

gallery_66870_650_61951.jpg

Next up...

our entrance area (top left), dining area (top right), living room (bottom left) & reading corner (bottom right)!

gallery_66870_650_145760.jpg

And next up, we have...

the walkway & the 2 bedrooms!

gallery_66870_650_116807.jpg

Not forgetting our...

Toilets (Top 2 pics)! Service Yard (bottom left pic)! Storeroom (bottom right pic)!

gallery_66870_650_25468.jpg

Last but not least…

our MBR (lovely PINK light + Fino fan!) & WIW (track lights)!

gallery_66870_650_79096.jpg

[by the way, did you notice something silly i did? i confessed to the hubby immediately when i realised what i have done. cos i confirm kena scolded hahahaha. have you realised??? Are you smarter than a fifth grader???]

Hi nolife, it wasnt that bad actually. I think its just a pull, no strain. also because i played a football game before going to ikea and after pulling went to play another game LOLOLOL - think ze wife cannot stand me hahha

Wow! That is very garang! Nvr in my life I had played 2 games in a day.

hello nolifesg,

yesssss! my initial plan was to have them placed on top of the doors too! :curse:

BUT the aircon man told me that there would be a risk of condensation issues for bedroom 2 and 3, as apparently, if i turn on the aircon for living room, the water will flow past the 2 bedroom aircon and might cause condensation. (of course, i don't understand and i'm not really sure about what he was saying but since he mentioned, i better play it safe.)

the other thing was: if you look at the picture of my MBR, you'll realise that there's no trunking on the wall with the aircon! hehe! they actually used the same trunking that was drilled through into Bedroom 2. (But he also mentioned that there is a risk of condensation issues as well if we keep using the MBR aircon without turning the Bedroom 2 aircon on!) but since the hubby and I rarely sleep in aircon actually, i guess this wouldn't be a big issue. *fingers crossed*

due to our walk-in-wardrobe partition, our aircon in MBR MUST be at the position in the photo, and cannot be at the entrance beam outside the toilet, where most pple usually put. if not, only the walk-in-wardrobe will be cold due to the partition haha!

i also wanted the position of the 2 bedrooms' aircons to be the same, hence the current positioning of the 2 aircon in Bedroom 2+3! and of course, i chose to sacrifice the 2 other bedrooms for a prettier MBR aircon haha. i cannot imagine having another huge trunking on that wall that my MBR aircon is at!!!

i hope u understand what i'm saying haha.

-clownprince's wife :)

Hi clownprince wife,

I understand what you are saying. I thought with proper insulation, there should be little or no condensation.

Edited by nolifesg

• Like 1

SCANDI - Sure CAN Do It (ourselves)?

hello everyone!

so finally, i have a football game in the morning at 9am tomorrow (usually i play my sunday games in the afternoons); so this time i will have more time to spend in the house on Sunday with ze wife. In fact ze wife has been bugging me to put aside time to help her to paint the house. so finally she gets to sleep in, and i can come back after football to help her paint. we do have some experience painting public walls, but this time it will be for our own house so hopefully its nice!!!

As we all already know, she's the arty farty sort, and she has had some designs which she has been sharing with me. so as usual she went to her best friend, Pinterest and starts showing me stuff asking me which designs would work. Practical as usual i would ask her, how are we going to make this work, but she selectively ignores me and continues showing me the pictures and where she wants them to be. Here's some of the works she wants:

(FROM PINTEREST, not our house ah!)

Living Room TV console Area

gallery_66870_650_123100.jpg

Bedroom 2

gallery_66870_650_69500.jpg

Bedroom 3

gallery_66870_650_24343.jpg

Masterbedroom

gallery_66870_650_33569.jpg

A couple of days ago she went to Artfriend to buy tons of painting stuff so i guess she's really prepared for tomorrow. Will update again when its done! wish us luck!

Edited by clownprince

R u serious? Hahaha I saved the first picture and going to paint my wall that way. It was love at first sight.

YESS! ^5! i can't believe you fell in love with the same picture as me! looks like we have reallllllly similar taste (great taste, i hope! ;) )

haha sounds crazy but we really did it! cannot wait to share about it. due to the base colour of my wall, i needed to swop the colours around! hmm, i think you should stick to the colour scheme in the picture hahaha. it's much nicer! :) exciting! when are you starting your painting? do pop by and send me a pic when it's done haha! so tiring but satisfying! :)

-clownprince's wife :)

U did it?! YEAH, so happy for u!!!! I can't wait to see ur wall. Yes, definately GREAT TASTE!

Mine, still in Q list. Too much things happening and we can't seem to get started...hiaz.....

U did it?! YEAH, so happy for u!!!! I can't wait to see ur wall. Yes, definately GREAT TASTE!

Mine, still in Q list. Too much things happening and we can't seem to get started...hiaz.....

haha GREAT TASTE!!! woots!! :)

Oooooooh. hmm, never mind! take your time to do research and design the house first! we are such slow people when it comes to house heeheehee. jiayou! :)

-clownprince's wife

Edited by clownprince

LOL. Tiring day, we finished the walls at around 1am last morning and were exhausted. luckily my old place is very near our BTO, so we just strolled back. But poor me have to work today =( so the wife will be posting pictures later. (still have one more wall to go though)

the elmark fan we got from Tampoi, if i remember correctly it probably around 400 SGD (1100 ringgit or something), cant remember the exact amount. But we are having some problems with the fan, dunno if its balancing or what, but it makes a long clacking sound at high speed. gotta get the electricians to try to redo it

clownprince

Edited by clownprince

I am sure its tiring, I did whole hse painting more than 10 yrs ago and I swear I will never paint ceiling again LOL..

Tks for the elmark info. Sg will be much more then, we don't have a car so need to buy from sg. Yes is probably balancing problem, shouldn't have sound. We got the famous Fanco contact from Renotalk and he did shared abt this balancing issue when he installed ours.

SCANDI - Sounds Crazy AND Impossible… BUT WE DID IT! (Part 1)

it's been a thrilling time trying to do our own "feature walls" by DIY painting!

Why DIY?

- :) well, i DID try to ask my contractor whether anyone would paint such designs for us… i guess the outcome was 1) pay more more more, 2) even if you pay more, there's no guarantee the lines would be clean and straight, 3) even if you pay more more more, painters don't want to do it too (i finally understood this point after almost driving ourselves mad trying it ourselves!)

- :) painting has been a part of our story (we helped to paint a few community walls before) and we would love to bring this story right into our nest!

- :) trust me, this sense of ownership over the house… the fact that you have painted the walls by yourself and your other half.. i'm proud to say that we have literally touched EVERY corner of the OUR house, including the OUR ceiling!

- :) this is a wonderful bonding session with the hubby :) everyone should try it! :)

Of course, it got super frustrating at times, almost went crazy measuring and pasting the tapes (i think i'm allergic to stripes for a while now…), the weird side-effects I'm suffering from now include the urge to paint the white lines on the road while crossing the road… the urge to tear off any masking tape left on the walls of my void deck… (haha just scaring you, even though i swear it's true to a certain extent!)

but the joy of seeing how the walls turn out is soooo fulfilling…

Unveiling our TV wall in the living room!

gallery_66870_650_89869.jpg

gallery_66870_650_35543.jpg

i hope you like it! :) more to come!

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbs up: :thumbs up: :thumbs up:

Super duper NICE LOH! Just the way how it should turn out :good: :good: :good: Love it! :sport-smiley-004: Can come and paint for me? My TV wall is 8m long hahaha

• Like 1