Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
clownprince

Colour Our Scandi Home =)

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbs up: :thumbs up: :thumbs up:

Super duper NICE LOH! Just the way how it should turn out :good: :good: :good: Love it! :sport-smiley-004: Can come and paint for me? My TV wall is 8m long hahaha

i recommend wallpaper LOL - in the midst of painting yesterday, wife asked me why i so nice agree to paint the house. I didn't reply her cos i was busy trying to paint the triangles, but thinking about it now, i think next time, wallpaper is better options hahaha - and its kids-safe.

wifey says at the rate we are going, i suspect next time our contractor might even ask us to do painting and design for her future projects LOLOLOL

but its dang stressful, yesterday as we left the house after painting, wifey saw the yellow box on the main road, and said - "now i know why we need to do a second coat of paint" - cos the yellow paint on the box, wasn't done properly LOLOL

Edited by clownprince

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

SCANDI - Sounds Crazy AND Impossible… BUT WE DID IT! (Part 2)

here's a peek at our MBR wall!

remember that the sleeping area of our MBR is super small due to half the space taken up by our walk-in-wardrobe?

going for stripes would hopefully make the room look slightly taller! ;)

gallery_66870_650_229721.jpg

gallery_66870_650_212185.jpg

WAAAA…. the peeling off moment is the SHIOK-EST!

gallery_66870_650_29198.png

and the golden question is...

WHITE AND BLUE or BLACK AND GOLD?!

Edited by clownprince

SCANDI - Sounds Crazy AND Impossible… BUT WE DID IT! (Part 2)

here's a peek at our MBR wall!

remember that the sleeping area of our MBR is super small due to half the space taken up by our walk-in-wardrobe?

going for stripes would hopefully make the room look slightly taller! ;)

gallery_66870_650_229721.jpg

gallery_66870_650_212185.jpg

WAAAA…. the peeling off moment is the SHIOK-EST!

gallery_66870_650_29198.png

and the golden question is...

WHITE AND BLUE or BLACK AND GOLD?!

Wow...this wall look fantastic! What kind of tape did you use? I have tried using masking tape. The paint either seep under the tape or peel off together with the tape.

SCANDI - So Cooling (fans!) AND Illuminated (lights!)

LIGHTS… FANS... ACTION!

here's the wife reporting again!

electrical works are done (well, almost! all except kitchen hob and hood part)!

our walls are painted as well! (almost too! because we are planning to do some DIY painting. so at least the base coats are up! ;) )

loving how the colourful DIY lights look, loving how some walls look! haha some… because some colours turned out darker than i expected SOBBBSSSS. it's so hard choosing paint colours from the small booklet! hopefully our upcoming DIY painting will make the walls look a little better!

here's a peek at our lights and fans!

introducing our…

Kitchen! :) track lights and the green pendant light by the side where our breakfast bar is going to be!

gallery_66870_650_61951.jpg

Next up...

our entrance area (top left), dining area (top right), living room (bottom left) & reading corner (bottom right)!

gallery_66870_650_145760.jpg

And next up, we have...

the walkway & the 2 bedrooms!

gallery_66870_650_116807.jpg

Not forgetting our...

Toilets (Top 2 pics)! Service Yard (bottom left pic)! Storeroom (bottom right pic)!

gallery_66870_650_25468.jpg

Last but not least…

our MBR (lovely PINK light + Fino fan!) & WIW (track lights)!

gallery_66870_650_79096.jpg

[by the way, did you notice something silly i did? i confessed to the hubby immediately when i realised what i have done. cos i confirm kena scolded hahahaha. have you realised??? Are you smarter than a fifth grader???]

Haha...I saw it. It takes me quite awhile to spot it.

Wow...this wall look fantastic! What kind of tape did you use? I have tried using masking tape. The paint either seep under the tape or peel off together with the tape.

Hi nolifesg, we used painter's tape (3M) one. There's a specific techinique to paint using tape - i ask ze wife to share more when she's posting on the next few walls we painted. Maybe give a tutorial on how to diy painting :)))

Wow beautiful. I really love the first pic for the painting of the wall.

I am also going to do strips for my common room. At first want to do a bigger width but after looking at the smaller width strips u did, I hesitate again. lol.

Can I know the dimension for the triangle and also the strip width?

Thanks

To be honest, this one look like a typical Singapore HDB home than a Scandinavian home. Did you ID advise you on the design elements in your apartment and affirm that this is a 'Scandinavian' theme home?

Are you gonna paint bedroom 2 & 3 too?

I love the art piece esp the MBR wall!

Can you come paint my room too? :P

yes CountryGlow! we have painted bedroom 2 and 3, and believe me when i say its a masterpiece compared to the tv console wall and the mbr wall =)

Creates a different feel to the surrounding, great job!

tks benetay =) it was a fun thing.

ze husband

p.s. btw wife's getting all excited about posting about the bedroom walls when she's off work today =))

Edited by clownprince

Camping in to see the 2 walls! *Quickly post*

Must be 2-thumbs-up!

yes CountryGlow! we have painted bedroom 2 and 3, and believe me when i say its a masterpiece compared to the tv console wall and the mbr wall =)

tks benetay =) it was a fun thing.

ze husband

p.s. btw wife's getting all excited about posting about the bedroom walls when she's off work today =))

• Like 1

SCANDI - Stripes! you CAN Do It too!

DIY Tutorial: Painting Stripes :sport-smiley-018:

4 simple steps on how to do your stripe wall with (almost) perfect and clean lines! :)

(This applies to a two-colour stripe pattern that we tried. hmm, if you want to do more than 2 colours, might need to think a bit more using the same logic.)

gallery_66870_650_213231.jpg

STEP ONE

- paint the whole wall with the lighter colour of the two colours (let's call this the BASE COAT for easy reference). ours is blue and white stripes, so we start off our whole wall with white paint.

- use painter's tape (we used 3M blue tape from ArtFriend) to paste your stripes. you should paste them on the outer side of the darker-coloured stripe. so for us, we pasted the stripes on the outer side of the intended blue stripes. after pasting, it should look like picture ONE, it looks like the stripes are of different sizes, but they are not after you paint! :)

STEP TWO

- *this is the TRICK to getting magical clean lines!*

- paint a layer of your BASE COAT colour along the inner edges of the tape, where you intend to paint the darker colour. we painted our edges of the tape with white coat, on the area where we plan to paint the blue paint. this magically prevents our blue paint from seeping through the tape because the first white layer of paint has already seeped through and covered the "holes" in the tape!

STEP THREE

- paint the darker-coloured stripes now! we painted our blue stripes!

STEP FOUR

- the magical moment when you peel off the tape! SUPER SHIOKKKZZZ! no further explanation needed!

- of course, there will be some parts that need touching up but i guess this is really the closest to getting your clean and perfect stripes! :)

HAVE FUNNNNNN! ;)