Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
clownprince

Colour Our Scandi Home =)

Nice DIY lights! Will follow your t-blog to see how your master bedroom turn out.

I am planning for a U shape wardrobe in the master bedroom too. But I'm afraid it will make the small room even smaller.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Nice DIY lights! Will follow your t-blog to see how your master bedroom turn out.

I am planning for a U shape wardrobe in the master bedroom too. But I'm afraid it will make the small room even smaller.

Hi nolifesg,

Well me and the wife are quite small people, and she was very adamant that we didn't hack any walls down even though my preference was to hack one of the bedrooms walls to make the master bedroom larger, hence the solution was to make a partition.

I guess as long as the stuff in the bedroom's kept simple and minimal it should be fine. We're not going with any bedframe either.

the husband

Hi Clownprince! Really looking forward to your renovation! Very nice light!

My hubby and me are also super slow and nuah type of home owner. We got our keys for almost 2 months now but still taking our own sweet time :) Waiting for CNY to be over before heading to Malaysia to buy our lights and fans.

Do you know what brand of Vinyl flooring you will get? We are contemplating between overlaying the tiles with vinyl or parquet. I'm more inclined to parquet despite its high maintenance, but hubby is more inclined to Vinyl because of the low maintenance. haha.

Hi TheLims,

same as us, we got the keys in Oct, and only finally started work in Jan, though we initially planned for work to start post CNY. in fact, my neighbours are all done and moved in already, so we are kinda slow.

We are getting Vinyl Vista, but i know a lot of people use HERF here. For me, the wife gets to make the decision cos if anything goes wrong, she cant blame me and nag at me hahhha

Hi nolifesg,

Well me and the wife are quite small people, and she was very adamant that we didn't hack any walls down even though my preference was to hack one of the bedrooms walls to make the master bedroom larger, hence the solution was to make a partition.

I guess as long as the stuff in the bedroom's kept simple and minimal it should be fine. We're not going with any bedframe either.

the husband

Hi clownprince,

We are small ppl too! I suggested to hack the wall to use abit of space from the other room for the wardrobe. But my wife is against it.

So no choice, need to stare at the floor plan and think of something. We definitely need a lot of space to hang our clothes. My idea is to have a U shape wardrobe with the part nearer to the bed at half height. On one hand is to allow natural light in to the wardrobe and the other, (hopefully) it will not make the room look small.

Hi clownprince,

We are small ppl too! I suggested to hack the wall to use abit of space from the other room for the wardrobe. But my wife is against it.

So no choice, need to stare at the floor plan and think of something. We definitely need a lot of space to hang our clothes. My idea is to have a U shape wardrobe with the part nearer to the bed at half height. On one hand is to allow natural light in to the wardrobe and the other, (hopefully) it will not make the room look small.

my advise is - listen to the wife, you wouldn't want to endure a lifetime of hearing her nag at you saying, "i told you so, why u never listen to me" LOL

Edited by clownprince

• Like 1

my advise is - listen to the wife, you wouldn't want to endure a lifetime of hearing her nag at you saying, "i told you so, why u never listen to me" LOL

Hi clownprince,

hi nolifesg,

perhaps you can consider using glass as a partition between the wardrobe area + bed area! i've seen some people do it. but I'm not sure if natural light can really pass through if there's clothes hanging. but i guess its better than a wall partition! and yes, the hubby is right!!! sometimes, it's easier to listen to the wife ;)

-clownprince's wife ;)

hi nolifesg,

perhaps you can consider using glass as a partition between the wardrobe area + bed area! i've seen some people do it. but I'm not sure if natural light can really pass through if there's clothes hanging. but i guess its better than a wall partition! and yes, the hubby is right!!! sometimes, it's easier to listen to the wife ;)

-clownprince's wife ;)

Hi clownprince's wife,

What a great idea to have glass partition! Totally agreed. Got to check with my wife first. Haha.

Happy CNY! :)

SCANDI - Sweet/Swee Chalkboard, ANother Dining Idea

Happy New Year guys! :)

after CNY break, it's back to reno-ing!
today's post is going to be about our journey with our chalkboard! we knew we wanted a chalkboard somewhere in the house, and after looking around, the more popular places are the 1)kitchen, 2)bomb shelter door, 3)dining area. the hubby wanted it in the kitchen but i strongly disagreed as i want my food to be clean haha. so in the end, we decided to put a big chalkboard wall in the dining area!

However, it wasn't as simple as we thought it would be! this was our initial idea:

gallery_66870_650_99266.jpg

we wanted to paint the entire wall black with chalkboard paint. BUT we didn't realise that there was a beam above the kitchen doors and corridor walkway. so painting the whole wall black would look quite odd.. :X

so, we needed a border! i wanted to make a border out of wood but it seemed quite expensive. contractor E suggested using cornices and i thought it was a great idea! here's the next plan:

gallery_66870_650_145697.jpeg

we plan to paint the wall surrounding the chalkboard light blue and white border around the chalkboard.

after thinking further, we weren't sure if we wanted that wall blue as our kitchen cabinets are going to have pops of blue already (*a tiny sneak peek into our kitchen hehe!*). so there would be too much blue in that frame. when in doubt, i'll consult my best friend, Pinterest! here's what i gathered:

gallery_66870_650_177290.jpg

Left: possible blue wall + white border combi

Top right: white wall + pink border combi

Bottom right: the initial idea to paint everything black but too bad, our wall had beams on left and right

after thinking again, we decided to go for the white wall + pink border combi! and here's the outcome!!!!

gallery_66870_650_61811.jpeg

Sweet/Swee bo? :P

Hi clownprince!

I love the idea how u both partner each other in this T-blog and share with us on ur Reno journey! At least not only THE wife whose excitedly sharing all ur grand ideas for the house!

(to the Hubby - You are right! Always listen to the wife. Don't try to understand her. Just love her. Life will be easy. Hahaha...quoting on behalf on my hubby!) I shld get my hubby to join in when I start my own T-blog for our renovations too. Glad that I stumbled upon ur blog as it gives me great ideas of my Country style theme ( considering pastel colors) for our new home :)

Anyways! Will be following ur T-blog to see upcoming posts from u folks! Love the colour theme, DIY ideas, chalkboard wall and descriptions of your SCANDI acronym you folks name under each section! U two are really a creative pair! I'm sure your colour SCANDI home will turn out great without an ID! :)

• Like 1

Hi clownprince!

I love the idea how u both partner each other in this T-blog and share with us on ur Reno journey! At least not only THE wife whose excitedly sharing all ur grand ideas for the house!

(to the Hubby - You are right! Always listen to the wife. Don't try to understand her. Just love her. Life will be easy. Hahaha...quoting on behalf on my hubby!) I shld get my hubby to join in when I start my own T-blog for our renovations too. Glad that I stumbled upon ur blog as it gives me great ideas of my Country style theme ( considering pastel colors) for our new home :)

Anyways! Will be following ur T-blog to see upcoming posts from u folks! Love the colour theme, DIY ideas, chalkboard wall and descriptions of your SCANDI acronym you folks name under each section! U two are really a creative pair! I'm sure your colour SCANDI home will turn out great without an ID! :)

clownprince's wife: Hi CountryGlow! thanks for your kind comments!! i'll look forward to your house too! sounds exciting! ^5 pastel lover! :)