Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
clownprince

Colour Our Scandi Home =)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

SCANDI - Sounds Crazy AND Impossible… BUT WE DID IT! (Part 4)

i hope you guys enjoy this post because this is by far the craziest wall we have attempted!

super duper exhausting, almost gave up but the seeing the end product makes us happy! :)

p.s. please do not try this at home. 阿姨叔叔是有练过的 [translation: uncle, aunty got train before one]

ladies and gentlemen, may i now present to you… our beloved wall of Bedroom 2!

gallery_66870_8_5228.jpg

gallery_66870_8_266728.jpg

gallery_66870_8_159508.jpg

gallery_66870_8_163574.jpg

gallery_66870_8_249884.jpg

FINALLY!

gallery_66870_8_82133.jpg

I LOVE how perfect this is!! You guys must have OCD(in a seriously good way), I absolutely love it!!

We also have a chevron feature wall in one of the rooms done by our painter. Although it looks good as a whole, it is not nearly as perfect.

Applaud for your huge amount of patience! :good::good::good:

Edited by Yelena

I LOVE how perfect this is!! You guys must have OCD(in a seriously good way), I absolutely love it!!

We also have a chevron feature wall in one of the rooms done by our painter. Although it looks good as a whole, it is not nearly as perfect.

Applaud for your huge amount of patience! :good::good::good:

hello Yelena!

thanks for your kind comments! :) the wall is definitely far from perfect if you take a closer look but definitely has our sweat and tears on it hahaha. and i'm quite sure we are not OCD la haha! i'm actually quite an untidy person lol. but thank you for loving it!

oooh! i'm a fan of prints! do you have a picture of your chevron wall? would love to see it! :)

-clownprince's wife ;)

SCANDI - Search, Compare AND Invest (Part 2)

If you guys haven't noticed yet, ze husband started out with the first post, and hasn't really posted yet. Well the main reason being that ze husband discovered renotalk, ze wife refused to come and share so ze husband resorted to a sneaky first post. Ze wife got hooked onto renotalk and all the pretty houses that fellow RTers had and well the rest is history. So moral of the story, do first talk later LOL.

Anyway this is the husband, and after the tiring experience of painting walls in the house, i'm back once again. This time my role is to complement the wife in buying things from taobao. And in keeping with her nature, she wanted to BUY everything on taobao - which would have disastrous results if i allowed that to happened. Good thing is i'm doing all the buying so i control the purchases. Anyway here's our purchases from Taobao, should be arriving anytime soon so we will put up fotos of the items when its here! Hope they turn up nice!

image2%201_zpsi1fdkb8m.jpg

image1%202_zpsuuzjoz5y.jpg

Edited by clownprince

SCANDI - Sounds Crazy AND Impossible… BUT WE DID IT! (Part 5)

another story of our wall haha! this time, our walkway wall!

Left: before

Right: after we got the painters to paint it pastel orange

walkway%20wall%201_zpsqzagqhs8.jpg

however… i wasn't very happy with the pastel orange. somehow i always wished it was of lighter shade! choosing paint colours has always been very hard for me ): so i brainstormed on how i want to make this wall slightly less orange-y.

as usual, i Pinterested and found these half-painted walls very charming in their own ways:

walkway%20painting%20ideas_zpscsfd9zni.j

and since i didn't really like the orange wall, i decided to take a gamble and paint the top half white! i'm so glad the hubby has no objections hehe and i could do whatever i want with the walls heehee.

walkway%20wall%202_zpshhgrxymj.jpg

walkway%20wall%203_zpsv7fuzhjd.jpg

here's the final outcome:

walkway%20wall%204_zpsqewahzmi.jpg

now, i feel much better, even though i still have some reservations about the orange. i keep thinking of shopping mall car parks and void deck walls HAHA. hmmm, hopefully after hanging some frames on the halfway line would look better!

IF NOT……… i'll just... paint the orange to another colour someday muahahahaha. haha at this rate, i'm sooo going to drive the hubby up the wall! :P

Hi Clownprince and Mrs Clownprince!

Do you mind sharing your contractor contact and reno budget? Am also looking at a pastel scandi theme! Love your reno! My fave so far!!

Hi Clownprince and Mrs Clownprince!

Do you mind sharing your contractor contact and reno budget? Am also looking at a pastel scandi theme! Love your reno! My fave so far!!

thanks, nadnut! :) PM-ed you!

SCANDI - Sh*tting & Cleaning, Always Necessary & Damn Important! (Part 3)

our fittings for our toilets are up! :D lovely to see how everything is slowly coming together!

Common Toilet

Left: Before reno

Right: After :)

Common%20Toilet%20After%201_zpsmmjhonff.

Left: Shower area with our lovely rain shower set from taobao! didn't want too many stainless steel holders, so went for a simple metal container for showering things

Right: Loving the mini shelf! can put books (heehee) and maybe some nice-smelling stuff muahaha!! the hubby got the bidet from taobao!

Common%20Toilet%20After%203_zpsesuombmj.

Common%20Toilet%20After%202_zpscjxlicoo.

Left: we re-used our sink given by HDB. looks simple and nice!

Right: we will probably be using the MBR toilet more, hence decided not to have a vanity cabinet here. due to a lack of vanity cabinet in this toilet, it also means we have limited storage space. so we got a mirror with some space to place some basic things if we need to :)

Common%20Toilet%20After%204_zpspoihc5ke.

ARE YOU SEEING DOUBLE? hahaha after putting everything together, here's our beloved COMMON TOILET! super love the hexagon wall tiles and the HUGE mirror. love the odd-shaped kerb (instead of the usual 'L' shape) too, i think it complements our hexagons!

Common%20Toilet%20After%205_zpsjagoacr6.

SCANDI - Sh*tting & Cleaning, Always Necessary & Damn Important! (Part 4)

MBR Toilet

Left: Before reno

Right: After! :D

MBR%20Toilet%20After%201_zpsvhwe9jat.jpg

Top Left: same thing, we didn't want too many stainless steel things in the toilet, so opted for black/white holders

Bottom Left: our shower area

Right: our rain shower set from taobao (same as common toilet)

MBR%20Toilet%20After%202_zpswgipqci7.jpg

Top Left: decided to get rid of the sink that HDB gave because it didn't fit in with our design. got a new sink & tap, placed them on a cabinet + kompacplus top. you might not have noticed it… but i really, really, really love the small tiny knob on the door of the cabinet haha cheap thrill!

Bottom Left: same bidet from taobao

Right: another mini shelf hehe! as we have a cabinet and a table top here, we chose a mirror that doesn't come with space to put things on :)

MBR%20Toilet%20After%203_zpsauryckrp.jpg

ARE YOU SEEING DOUBLE AGAIN? heehee. here's the view of our MBR toilet if you close the door! :P

MBR%20Toilet%20After%204_zpship7sfo8.jpg

when it comes to toilet wall tiling, budget is always a constraint! i ever thought of just doing 1 wall or choosing cheaper tiles. but really heng that my hubby insisted that if we want to do, just do. i'm STILL super in love with the honeycomb/hex tiles. after seeing how both toilets have transformed… we really have no regrets :)