Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
barefootken

Real Estate Transaction Gone Wrong In Need Of Advice Urgently

when agent tried to explain the terms, rule, requirement.... client told them to shut up..

question them why they talk so much..

explain so much for what.. I don't need to understand.. that's why I engage you (agent) to do those job

If I know all these, why I need to pay you commission.

When things went not to what the client wish, client bite back.

scold agent for not telling them, not explaining to them.

Then complain to CES, complain to agent company.

There is good agent and problem agent.

There also has good client and problematic client and also those who think they had the money, they had the right to scold agent.

Agent is there for scolding.

Quote "Ah Boy to Man Part III"

"I also has mother. I'm not here to let you bully"

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

when agent tried to explain the terms, rule, requirement.... client told them to shut up..

question them why they talk so much..

explain so much for what.. I don't need to understand.. that's why I engage you (agent) to do those job

If I know all these, why I need to pay you commission.

When things went not to what the client wish, client bite back.

scold agent for not telling them, not explaining to them.

Then complain to CES, complain to agent company.

There is good agent and problem agent.

There also has good client and problematic client and also those who think they had the money, they had the right to scold agent.

Agent is there for scolding.

Quote "Ah Boy to Man Part III"

"I also has mother. I'm not here to let you bully"

In this case, it is clear that:

1. the seller agent persuaded the elderly to sell their flat instead of rent

2. seller agent took advantage of the ignorance of the elderly, in fact, all he needs to do is not explain the details or what is considered 'legal' and 'final' once signed

3. seller agent was pushing and rushing the sales through in order to secure his commission

Yes, there are good agent and problem agent.

and there are good client and problematic client. In this case, the elderly does not have the money nor know even when/how to 'scold' agent.

Such is the case and very purpose why and how CEA is established.

btw, are you an agent?

In this case, it is clear that:

1. the seller agent persuaded the elderly to sell their flat instead of rent

2. seller agent took advantage of the ignorance of the elderly, in fact, all he needs to do is not explain the details or what is considered 'legal' and 'final' once signed

3. seller agent was pushing and rushing the sales through in order to secure his commission

Yes, there are good agent and problem agent.

and there are good client and problematic client. In this case, the elderly does not have the money nor know even when/how to 'scold' agent.

Such is the case and very purpose why and how CEA is established.

btw, are you an agent?

No. I am not an agent,

people normally only tell good thing.

If TS think the agent is misleading his elder parent. Why don't he go straight to CEA and the agent company to file a complain.

Why he want to settle with the buyer.

He mentioned

"seeking MP's advice & legal advice too."

What does legal advice told him.

If he has a case, why didn't he go after the agent.

Something don't add up.

BTW, that my thought.

Quick updates:

1. Went HDB was told they don't handle agent cases refer me to CEA.

2. Went CEA was told no strong case as all communications are verbal. Exclusive agreement is between seller and agency office they don't interfere.

3. And in HDB terms & conditions document, did mention before 1st appointment seller can write in to cancel transaction. However HDB did warn they can cancel it but buyer side can take legal action against seller and they will not be involve as it's between buyer and seller, HDB just facilitate the transaction.

4. With regards to compensating the buyer so that she can go look for another unit earlier, the seller agent demanding the full 2% commission, it’s a debatable case as deal didn’t go through. Legal point of view is that not worth for agent to file a suit as will easily cost more than 10 grand. What agent could do is to file for small claims tribunal. In this way, both sides cannot be represented by lawyer and judge will do the hearing. Could be do not need pay agent or pay agent half the commission or worst case pay full amount.

Already also mentioned if only seller agent willing to convert sales into rental he will still get some commission. I acknowledge the fact he did do some work so willing to compensate him like $1K but he kept saying if deal didn’t go through he has rights to the full 2% commission which is $5K+.

5. Anyway now buyer said want to go ahead with deal as the unit she considering taken up.

6. Buyer already fixed HDB 1st appointment on 20th April now racing against time.

Really tough situation man like can't think of other alternatives already. Any other advise would be deeply appreciated.

Thanks.

Why look for troubles when no troubles trouble you?

- Already inform you to get video & audio evidence b4 launching any action. Why kicking in the air wasting your energy? Physical exercise otherwise.

- You can even write a letter to agent telling him you're not interested to sell....register post....mention returning cheque....as 'protection'.

- Let buyer ALONE turn up for 1st appointment but YOU don't turn up !

If you turn up and sign in 1st appointment, 100% confirm no u-turn.