Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Unsure

Buying Flat That Has Been Announced As En-block (sers)

Hi zirhk3355,

Wow! i didn't know that the area opp your new flat will be a future high rise deveopment. At the moment Clementi Town Sec School is occupying there temporarily till 2009. They were formerly juz in front of my blk. Although it is mid march now.. there is no upgrading or whatever job being carried out at the school.

Well at least for the next 4-5 yrs you can enjoy the view if your flat faces outside.

Possibly a condo? Nowadays.. they build condos very near MRT stations.. and near HDB flats.. at least the government will earn alot fm that plot of land

Yup with the new shopping centre at clementi, I think commonwealth won't have chance to have one too. So very likely to be a condo, as office spaces is also not very popular in the area.

I think from my living room's window can see the Bt Timah side ba...I went up to my floor but from the corridor cannot see much, got to wait until get the keys and after Master Gan's clearance then go inside the flat to see the view.

One thing I really like about new estates nowadays is that the fire safety pipes, waste water pipes, meters, etc are hidden at the corridors. You come out from the lifts and all you can see are doors; even the public lighting also using hidden cables!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Sorry replied so late.

Is there a SERS site at commonwealth dr recently?? The last thing I remembered is that the public ballot is already over; so HDB must have reserved a few units for you guys.

My 5-rm is about $350k+, which is about one of the higher prices liao. The top of the range for 5-rm is about $380k+, I think. For 4-rm you gotta ask prata, but roughly the price range is about $100k difference.

Do note that this price is before any discounts/rebates, plus it was the prices that was offered to us back in 2003, where we are the very first to select the flats. Think your side is considered 2nd batch SERS owners, so may not be accurate; maybe lower or maybe higher? If you can get a good unit, then we all can be neighbours liao!! Current there is prata and me, plus two other forummers. Do check out the thread on Queenstowners. 8|

Hi Zirhk3355,

Thanks for replying! That info is v useful for me. I hope the price don't increase so much when it's time for us to select.

The balloting exercise price in the same area is more ex, top price is $417K. But I heard en-block price is cheaper than balloting price.

Hopefully can get a good unit and be your neighbour. U're such a helpful forummer!

When is your house warming time ? Can invite me too :notti:

Hi,

I am pleasantly surprised to find that a thread has been created for a relatively niche group of resale flat buyers, i.e. those with the intention to buy SERS replacement flats. :notti:

My fiance and I just attended the first appt with HDB for a 3-rm unit at Margaret Drive which has been announced for SERS a couple of years back. According to the info from our agent, the replacement flats that we can choose from upon completion of the transaction ranges from Tanglin Halt (Blk 90 only-100 units), as well as existing units at Forfar Heights (100 units) and the yet to be built Dawson Green.

Hi Dandelion,

Pleasantly surprised to bump into someone taking the same path =) I am buying 3-rm unit at Commonwealth Avenue, the replacement flat is the same 3 areas (Tanglin, Forfar, Dawson). But I'm selecting 5 RM as replacement flat. Hopefully we can be neighbours!

Can I check with the regulars here if the price of the new flat varies greatly for the above locations? We're intending to take up a 4 rm unit.

HDB only releases price for Dawson site (I think you should have this in the letter, rite?) The price of Tanglin Halt and Forfar sites are not released. We have personally come down to HDB to ask the officer, but the officer said she can't release the price yet as its yet to be computed! A bit dissapointed to hear this, as we want to know the price early so we can be prepared financially.

I'm just crossing my finger that the price still within our budget.

By the way, may I know how much cash over-value that you have to pay for the unit ?

Is the unit has 30K discount ?

For ours, we pay 35K cash over-value, as the unit has 30K discount (the owner asked for extra 5K).

But luckily the HDB compensation is higher than unit valuation, so at the end we still earn a bit. 8|

I think from my living room's window can see the Bt Timah side ba...I went up to my floor but from the corridor cannot see much, got to wait until get the keys and after Master Gan's clearance then go inside the flat to see the view.

HI zirhk3355,

Oh you can see Bt timah too!! Hmm tat's what you get when you pay for a high floor!! hahahaha... Fm my present flat (11th flr) i can see Bt timah and the Control Tower thingy... very visible. When it's abt to rain.. i could see the dark clouds and fog during the wet months. Luckily my present flat is unblocked in front and behind.

Hi Zirhk3355,

Thanks for replying! That info is v useful for me. I hope the price don't increase so much when it's time for us to select.

The balloting exercise price in the same area is more ex, top price is $417K. But I heard en-block price is cheaper than balloting price.

Hopefully can get a good unit and be your neighbour. U're such a helpful forummer!

When is your house warming time ? Can invite me too 8|

Did I do that much?? Hehe...no lah, just furnishing what I have in my mind only. Yeah, you seemed like a very friendly person too, hopefully one day can be neighbours lor! I am at Blk 89, #34 floor...hehe...

Housewarming not so soon, I will be collecting my keys on 28th Mar'07 now. After that got to consult FS master and reno - sure once its done if you are still keen then you can come! :notti:

HI zirhk3355,

Oh you can see Bt timah too!! Hmm tat's what you get when you pay for a high floor!! hahahaha... Fm my present flat (11th flr) i can see Bt timah and the Control Tower thingy... very visible. When it's abt to rain.. i could see the dark clouds and fog during the wet months. Luckily my present flat is unblocked in front and behind.

Not sure if can really see bt timah clearly lah, but just that I am facing that direction. If can see the greens then it will really be good, esp for my future children...

Hi dreamgirl,

Nice to meet you here! :D

Have you gone for your second appt already?

Was wondering when the actual flat selection will be like for us, the 2nd batch of would-be SERS flat owners. Like you, I can't wait to see how much the actual flats will cost... At least the officer was honest enough to say they've not computed it yet. Hopefully it'll be lower than the range stated in the letter (204-241k for 85sqm and 218-260k for 90sqm units).

We've actually paid quite abit more for the 3-rm than the compensation amount offered, after taking into consideration 30k discount for new replacement unit. :) However, as long as it's cheaper than buying a new flat via WIS or BE, my fiance and I still think it's worth it.

Oh, did you find your own seller or was it via an agent? You've got a good deal. :yamseng:

Hi Dandelion,

Yes, we've finished the resale transaction.

I suppose the transfer of ownership period is ending soon ?

We got the unit thru newspaper and agent, I think we're pretty lucky that the price is reasonable. Our unit is at low level and in original condition (although still liveable). But we think that's okay since we are going to move to new unit anyway.

Yes, I think you're right that the new replacement flat via SERS is cheaper than WIS/Ballotting, also we have priority of selecting the units first.

Which one do you prefer ?

- Forfar Height

- Tanglin Halt

- Dawson

By the way, is confirmed that the Dawson site will be the 'green' HDB development that was mentioned in newspaper last week (aka. Dawson Green) ?

Hi, those who are keen to view the pics of the SERS replacement flats' estate at Blk 88 to 91 Tanglin Halt Road, you can check out the pics at our blog:

http://khrizangel.blogspot.com/

Hi,

Nice pics..

Me and fiancee went to Tanglin Halt block 89 last weekend, as happen we were in the area. (Kay-poh, eh ?)

Went to level 40, the view to outside is amazing... However, I almost had vertigo when I tried looking down the airwell. It's soo deep & scary. *faintz*

Hi,

Nice pics..

Me and fiancee went to Tanglin Halt block 89 last weekend, as happen we were in the area. (Kay-poh, eh ?)

Went to level 40, the view to outside is amazing... However, I almost had vertigo when I tried looking down the airwell. It's soo deep & scary. *faintz*

Me too! Everything seems ok and normal when you take the lift up and walk along the corridor, but when you tried to look down the airwell, woahhh...

Guess need to have abit of getting used to... :bangwall:

Hi, those who are keen to view the pics of the SERS replacement flats' estate at Blk 88 to 91 Tanglin Halt Road, you can check out the pics at our blog:

http://khrizangel.blogspot.com/

Hiya Khriz,

Now that i know your name.... I was also there last sat around 2.30pm. Karen the lady contractor fm across the blk was showing people the 4rm and 3 rm flats.... I'm also puzzled as to why the bay windows are sloping down!!!!

Saw fm your blog that your unit - whole corridor juz yours alone.... wah so exclusive.... may i know your view is facing which part?

Cheers.

Hiya Khriz,

Now that i know your name.... I was also there last sat around 2.30pm. Karen the lady contractor fm across the blk was showing people the 4rm and 3 rm flats.... I'm also puzzled as to why the bay windows are sloping down!!!!

Saw fm your blog that your unit - whole corridor juz yours alone.... wah so exclusive.... may i know your view is facing which part?

Cheers.

Actually I am not too pleased with the contractors using our flats as 'showrooms'. I mean, not that I am selfish or what, if you ask me personally I will bring you to my flat with no qualms, but not for the contractors to do that lor. Maybe if people walk pass and ask if can go in and see, still ok - but to openly invite everyone to all the flats that was entrusted to her, not very appropriate lor. I sure won't let this Karen person do my flat for sure...

Erm, I think you really got abit confused by the postings here? You asked me about the view of my flat in this same thread and I said bt timah...hehe...oops... :P:notti:

Hi Dandelion,

Yes, we've finished the resale transaction.

I suppose the transfer of ownership period is ending soon ?

We got the unit thru newspaper and agent, I think we're pretty lucky that the price is reasonable. Our unit is at low level and in original condition (although still liveable). But we think that's okay since we are going to move to new unit anyway.

Yes, I think you're right that the new replacement flat via SERS is cheaper than WIS/Ballotting, also we have priority of selecting the units first.

Which one do you prefer ?

- Forfar Height

- Tanglin Halt

- Dawson

By the way, is confirmed that the Dawson site will be the 'green' HDB development that was mentioned in newspaper last week (aka. Dawson Green) ?

The transfer of ownership ended end Dec 06, my fiance and I submitted 3 days before... *phew* Quite chop-chop for us since we've only viewed the unit just before Christmas.

Yup, the upcoming Dawson Green development should be under one of our options for a flat selection. Think it'll be quite a dense development (as with alot of new SERS replacement areas), though I can only comment when i see the details.

For me, I prefer ready built flats at Tanglin Halt and Strathmore. Feel that Commonwealth will be quite bustling with the food court and shops and mrt literally at your footstep, whereas Strathmore is quieter. Dawson Green sounds exciting, but it is still quite some time from now till completion. :)

Care to share your preference?

Oh, by the way, can you let me know when you receive the selection details? Not sure if mine will be at the same time as yours though logically it should be since it's a ballot. :)

I also prefer the ready-made one (Tanglin & Strathmore). The downside for Tanglin & Strathmore is that we may not be able to get good unit because of 2nd bach SERS selection.

My fiancee is quite interested with Dawson Green as he likes greenery and sure can get good unit as 1st batch SERS selection. And the waiting time can be used to accumulate $$ for reno, wedding dinner, etc etc... After paying the cash-over-value, we're pretty broke :)

So, maybe we just wait and see during selection day itself, what is available. (Sure another head-ache day).

For the selection details, the queue number will be allocated by computer (balloting), so I guess yours and mine will be the same time. But since I'm choosing 5 RM and you're choosing 4 RM, we won't be competing as the queue will be different. :)

The transfer of ownership ended end Dec 06, my fiance and I submitted 3 days before... *phew* Quite chop-chop for us since we've only viewed the unit just before Christmas.

Yup, the upcoming Dawson Green development should be under one of our options for a flat selection. Think it'll be quite a dense development (as with alot of new SERS replacement areas), though I can only comment when i see the details.

For me, I prefer ready built flats at Tanglin Halt and Strathmore. Feel that Commonwealth will be quite bustling with the food court and shops and mrt literally at your footstep, whereas Strathmore is quieter. Dawson Green sounds exciting, but it is still quite some time from now till completion. :notti:

Care to share your preference?

Oh, by the way, can you let me know when you receive the selection details? Not sure if mine will be at the same time as yours though logically it should be since it's a ballot. :)

Edited by dreamgirl

I also prefer the ready-made one (Tanglin & Strathmore). The downside for Tanglin & Strathmore is that we may not be able to get good unit because of 2nd bach SERS selection.

My fiancee is quite interested with Dawson Green as he likes greenery and sure can get good unit as 1st batch SERS selection. And the waiting time can be used to accumulate $$ for reno, wedding dinner, etc etc... After paying the cash-over-value, we're pretty broke :good:

So, maybe we just wait and see during selection day itself, what is available. (Sure another head-ache day).

For the selection details, the queue number will be allocated by computer (balloting), so I guess yours and mine will be the same time. But since I'm choosing 5 RM and you're choosing 4 RM, we won't be competing as the queue will be different. :thumbs up:

If finance is tight, do consider to wait for the Dawson place lor. That was what I did in 2003 and I never regretted it. Back then, wifey and me just finished our part-time studies and we were broke too. But We managed to amaze everyone as to how come we can pay for above-average bridal shop, wedding banquet at a 5-star hotel and go for two-week honeymoon!

So people who always tell me that they want to save up first then get married, I would say bull****. Sorry if this is going to sound arrogant, but I am a living example of how one can get married with 2-digit savings in the bank account. All you need is abit of planning. :good:

:P Okok, enough haolian liao, back to topic: Trust me, times really flies; today is already 2007 and I am getting my replacement flat, but it felt as though I just bought my SERS flat last month! The waiting time is really useful; without which, wifey and me wouldn't have been "fully" married till today, maybe ROM only. The SERS flat can be utilised for "you-know-what" to accummulate cash, not forgetting also your personal savings. Now, after we get our replacement flat, we have enough cash to renovate and move on to the next level in marriage: Hao Hao Zhuo Ren and come out with little zirhk! !! :good:

Edited by zirhk3355