Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Unsure

Buying Flat That Has Been Announced As En-block (sers)

Hi zirkh3355,

HDB does change the outlook of the flats/surrounding fm the initial 3D rendering or pictures. one of my friend at kallang also said, one of the front blocks view got blocked by a pillar purely for aesthetic and not functional purpose. that pillar was not there before in the hdb brochure with the picture in front of the booklet!

Been passing by commonwealth past three days... hmm are they painting new colours for those flats facing inside? i mean those facing the damien hall church. looks different fm those facing the mrt side.

Wah, you seemed more observant than me leh! I didn't even notice that...seems like the same leh...

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Wah, you seemed more observant than me leh! I didn't even notice that...seems like the same leh...

Haha...maybe i stress liao!:notti: imagine things...hahhah

BTW, is there gona be any special name for your estate? I mean Commonwealth Heights or Tower? At clementi the 1st sers flats are known as Clementi Heights (25 storey). My future ones will be called 'The Clematis'.... not official yet.. the signage was blocked off after it was put up. I guess they will only let it out in 2010.

And do you know what they are building in between the mosque and queenstown community centre? I didn't see any project title board that is usually put up.

Haha...maybe i stress liao!:P imagine things...hahhah

BTW, is there gona be any special name for your estate? I mean Commonwealth Heights or Tower? At clementi the 1st sers flats are known as Clementi Heights (25 storey). My future ones will be called 'The Clematis'.... not official yet.. the signage was blocked off after it was put up. I guess they will only let it out in 2010.

And do you know what they are building in between the mosque and queenstown community centre? I didn't see any project title board that is usually put up.

I dun remember seeing any special names leh...aiya, I am not really into such things lah...hehe, maybe its a guy thing. Think for these my wifey can click better with you... 8|

Ya about the space between the queenstown cc and mosque, they don't seemed to have any plans for it. Is there any construction fences put up?? Hehe I really go home blindly one, don't look around...

that's the new site for queenstown polyclinic...

Just saw on MyHDBPage that my key collection is on 19th March, Monday! Quite strange, cuz the site still have the fencing up and the ground floor is still in a mess - if got the keys then how to go up and see?? Maybe should go and check my mailbox for the official letter...

Well, I will be very observant from now on liao, suddenly dunno why very excited. Once the fencing is down I will post here again, ok, hdbfan?

Just saw on MyHDBPage that my key collection is on 19th March, Monday! Quite strange, cuz the site still have the fencing up and the ground floor is still in a mess - if got the keys then how to go up and see?? Maybe should go and check my mailbox for the official letter...

Well, I will be very observant from now on liao, suddenly dunno why very excited. Once the fencing is down I will post here again, ok, hdbfan?

Hi zirkh3355,

Congratulations!:D

Wow sure thing.. i'm also excited leh.. .hahahh..... it's always nice to go and see something that you've been watching 'grow'... I'm free on most wkends - preferably late morning to afternoon - coz then can see better mah. okie. bring along a note book, pen and camera and take note of all defects to report to HDB.. hopefully the workmanship is ok. also always bring your floorplan..my friend at kallang always had her floorplans, measuring tape etc....

Congrats... you must be one of those first few to collect the key! :D

Edited by prata

Hi zirkh3355,

Congratulations!:unsure:

Wow sure thing.. i'm also excited leh.. .hahahh..... it's always nice to go and see something that you've been watching 'grow'... I'm free on most wkends - preferably late morning to afternoon - coz then can see better mah. okie. bring along a note book, pen and camera and take note of all defects to report to HDB.. hopefully the workmanship is ok. also always bring your floorplan..my friend at kallang always had her floorplans, measuring tape etc....

Haha, just realised that I really had not been observant enough - the fencing is already down!! But only the MSCP and Blk 89 is open, Blk 90 and 91 are still fenced up. Went for a tour last night already, with my wifey and doggy...

Congrats... you must be one of those first few to collect the key! :help:

Haha, yeah, but both excited and worried leh - $$$$$:notti:!

Anyway, I think I will change the appt date since I need to consult Master Gan on FS and we are planning to invest part of our CPF into those balanced funds instead of being wiped out by the HDB - just leave enough for the minimum d/paymt + fees can liao. I did my math; for eg wifey was concerned about getting maximum 80% loan, so I calculated for her: If she put the remaining 5-figure sum into the loan instead of investing as I had suggested, it would only help to reduce the monthly instalments by $70.

Edited by zirhk3355

Haha, just realised that I really had not been observant enough - the fencing is already down!! But only the MSCP and Blk 89 is open, Blk 90 and 91 are still fenced up. Went for a tour last night already, with my wifey and doggy...

Haha, yeah, but both excited and worried leh - $$$$$:lol:!

Anyway, I think I will change the appt date since I need to consult Master Gan on FS and we are planning to invest part of our CPF into those balanced funds instead of being wiped out by the HDB - just leave enough for the minimum d/paymt + fees can liao. I did my math; for eg wifey was concerned about getting maximum 80% loan, so I calculated for her: If she put the remaining 5-figure sum into the loan instead of investing as I had suggested, it would only help to reduce the monthly instalments by $70.

Hi,

I am pleasantly surprised to find that a thread has been created for a relatively niche group of resale flat buyers, i.e. those with the intention to buy SERS replacement flats. :P

My fiance and I just attended the first appt with HDB for a 3-rm unit at Margaret Drive which has been announced for SERS a couple of years back. According to the info from our agent, the replacement flats that we can choose from upon completion of the transaction ranges from Tanglin Halt (Blk 90 only-100 units), as well as existing units at Forfar Heights (100 units) and the yet to be built Dawson Green. :yamseng:

Can I check with the regulars here if the price of the new flat varies greatly for the above locations? We're intending to take up a 4 rm unit.

Also, would there be any financial-related reason that the resale transaction won't be able to go through? Cos my fiance will only start working middle of this year, he's doing his Masters now.

Hi,

I am pleasantly surprised to find that a thread has been created for a relatively niche group of resale flat buyers, i.e. those with the intention to buy SERS replacement flats. :lol:

My fiance and I just attended the first appt with HDB for a 3-rm unit at Margaret Drive which has been announced for SERS a couple of years back. According to the info from our agent, the replacement flats that we can choose from upon completion of the transaction ranges from Tanglin Halt (Blk 90 only-100 units), as well as existing units at Forfar Heights (100 units) and the yet to be built Dawson Green. :yamseng:

Can I check with the regulars here if the price of the new flat varies greatly for the above locations? We're intending to take up a 4 rm unit.

Also, would there be any financial-related reason that the resale transaction won't be able to go through? Cos my fiance will only start working middle of this year, he's doing his Masters now.

Can't comment on the pricing for replacement flats, because its quite different from the 1st batch of SERS owners (like me and others), to public ballot to 2nd batch of SERS owners. Unfortunately you have to go through HDB to get the accurate pricing for your case.

Some of us are taking bank loan for the SERS flat, simply because the tenure is only 4 yrs and not worth to waste a HDB loan on that (everyone only got two chances to take HDB loan). Of course when comes to bank loan there's the downside, ie the criteria might be stricter and the banks don't seemed to be very interested in offering such short term loans to us HDB owners, so they factor in alot of penalties and high interests.

As for your query, since your fiance is not working and I assume he does not have an income for now, the credit assessment for loan would be on your income only. So the only reason I can think of is that if your cpf amount is not very high and your monthly CPF contributions cannot cover the monthly instalments, then they might not be approve your loan.

You can use the financial calculator at HDB website for calculating HDB loan, and various banks' or agencies' websites to calculate for bank loan.

Okay, thanks!

Actually, we've already decided to take up the HDB loan.

If possible, we would like to clear the HDB loan asap in the future. The amount of interest accrued is just too high... So better to bite the bullet now for us.

The Commonwealth flats are really quite iconic. Just like we can see an outline of the City from places in Redhill, I could see the 3 blocks from a high floor unit at Orchard Rd as well!

So, really happy for future owners here. :yamseng:

I will also be checking out the place this weekend.

The Commonwealth flats are really quite iconic. Just like we can see an outline of the City from places in Redhill, I could see the 3 blocks from a high floor unit at Orchard Rd as well!

So, really happy for future owners here.

I will also be checking out the place this weekend.

Not sure how long we can be happy - on the plans when we select the flat, the new town sec school and the running track area is defined as "Site for Future High-Rise Development". This on the other side of the Commonwealth MRT, so if they are going to build a 40-storey or higher development, then the view will be blocked.

Not sure how long we can be happy - on the plans when we select the flat, the new town sec school and the running track area is defined as "Site for Future High-Rise Development". This on the other side of the Commonwealth MRT, so if they are going to build a 40-storey or higher development, then the view will be blocked.

Hi zirhk3355,

Wow! i didn't know that the area opp your new flat will be a future high rise deveopment. At the moment Clementi Town Sec School is occupying there temporarily till 2009. They were formerly juz in front of my blk. Although it is mid march now.. there is no upgrading or whatever job being carried out at the school.

Well at least for the next 4-5 yrs you can enjoy the view if your flat faces outside.

Possibly a condo? Nowadays.. they build condos very near MRT stations.. and near HDB flats.. at least the government will earn alot fm that plot of land

Hi,

My fiance and I just attended the first appt with HDB for a 3-rm unit at Margaret Drive which has been announced for SERS a couple of years back. According to the info from our agent, the replacement flats that we can choose from upon completion of the transaction ranges from Tanglin Halt (Blk 90 only-100 units), as well as existing units at Forfar Heights (100 units) and the yet to be built Dawson Green. :jawdrop:

Hi,

Price wise i'm not sure... I have a colleague who bought the Strathmore Avenue flat thru walk in selection about 2 yrs ago.. She paid $256K for a 3rd storey unit!:unsure:! (4rm - 90 sqm) That's real expensive!:notti:

So prices may be comparable in all e 3 locations.. of course the better choice would be Dawson Green.. I didn't go and see the SERS exhibition that time whereby a 3D model will be put up (i went to see the Ghim Moh and Henderson exhibition - nothing fantastic... anyway there's also a virtual exhibition on HDB's website)... so can't comment on that.. not sure if the recent news on sky gardens at Dawson is referring to the replacement flat for those staying at Margaret Drive.

My observations are:-

1) Tanglin Halt - Blk 90 may not have many high flrs (i.e. if you prefer high floors) or a good facing but it is very near MRT - a plus point

2) Forfar (Strathmore) also same as above but it may be blocked by future Dawson Green flats.. i've been to the 40th flr of one of the blks there.. .wow absolutely green and unblocked!:notti:

3) Dawson Green - downside - have to wait longer plus point - can choose your own flr, facing, layout etc

At clementi where the 1st batch of SERS flats near the swimming pool - the prices are only little bit cheaper than the future 40 storey flats very near the MRT. I compared the price list which was given during our selection.. Those houses some of them have odd shape rooms!:)

Edited by hdbfan