Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Unsure

Buying Flat That Has Been Announced As En-block (sers)

If finance is tight, do consider to wait for the Dawson place lor. That was what I did in 2003 and I never regretted it. Back then, wifey and me just finished our part-time studies and we were broke too. But We managed to amaze everyone as to how come we can pay for above-average bridal shop, wedding banquet at a 5-star hotel and go for two-week honeymoon!

So people who always tell me that they want to save up first then get married, I would say bull****. Sorry if this is going to sound arrogant, but I am a living example of how one can get married with 2-digit savings in the bank account. All you need is abit of planning. :)

:P Okok, enough haolian liao, back to topic: Trust me, times really flies; today is already 2007 and I am getting my replacement flat, but it felt as though I just bought my SERS flat last month! The waiting time is really useful; without which, wifey and me wouldn't have been "fully" married till today, maybe ROM only. The SERS flat can be utilised for "you-know-what" to accummulate cash, not forgetting also your personal savings. Now, after we get our replacement flat, we have enough cash to renovate and move on to the next level in marriage: Hao Hao Zhuo Ren and come out with little zirhk! :D:D

WAH!:D power leh! :D

How did you do that with 2-digit in your bank account??? Share your planning details leh, think it's very good reference for my fiance and me!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
WAH!:D power leh! :D

How did you do that with 2-digit in your bank account??? Share your planning details leh, think it's very good reference for my fiance and me!

Already pm you liao...

Actually I am not too pleased with the contractors using our flats as 'showrooms'. I mean, not that I am selfish or what, if you ask me personally I will bring you to my flat with no qualms, but not for the contractors to do that lor. Maybe if people walk pass and ask if can go in and see, still ok - but to openly invite everyone to all the flats that was entrusted to her, not very appropriate lor. I sure won't let this Karen person do my flat for sure...

Hi zirhk,

Yes i agree that contractor should not be taking the liberty to show the flat of flat owners without their permission. That day Karen was showing us the flat when the house owner was there BUT i guess she didn't tell/ask the owner.

Btw, pretty nice pix you snapped of your new estate. Well done!:) Real pleasure to view them for those people who don't hv the chance to see in person. Hmm the wonders of modern technology!:notti: Well that's progress if you ask me....

:bangwall: Okok, enough haolian liao, back to topic: Trust me, times really flies; today is already 2007 and I am getting my replacement flat, but it felt as though I just bought my SERS flat last month! The waiting time is really useful; without which, wifey and me wouldn't have been "fully" married till today, maybe ROM only. The SERS flat can be utilised for "you-know-what" to accummulate cash, not forgetting also your personal savings. Now, after we get our replacement flat, we have enough cash to renovate and move on to the next level in marriage: Hao Hao Zhuo Ren and come out with little zirhk! :):bangwall:

Hi zirkh,

Can you also pm me how you 'grew' your 2 digit?

Actually if u read in-between the lines, the answer is there...only that I cannot say it out loud... :notti:

The waiting time is really useful; without which, wifey and me wouldn't have been "fully" married till today, maybe ROM only. The SERS flat can be utilised for "you-know-what" to accummulate cash, not forgetting also your personal savings. Now, after we get our replacement flat, we have enough cash to renovate and move on to the next level in marriage: Hao Hao Zhuo Ren and come out with little zirhk! :notti::lol:

Hi all,

i recently bought enbloc ghim moh 3 room flat, my problem is that i downgraded from 4 to 3room. the loan for the previous 4room is hdb loan and since i downgraded i have to choose bank loan.

my question is, if i appeal from hdb for the hdb loan. u think will approve? have any of you have the similiar problem?

Please advise.

thanks.

Since downgrade, you can use the cash from 4-rm to pay off 3-rm and if not enough take a bank loan. it should not be a big amt.

Since downgrade, you can use the cash from 4-rm to pay off 3-rm and if not enough take a bank loan. it should not be a big amt.

the amount i got from selling my 4room flat oredy paid for over-valuation 3room :bangwall: . now broke. i wanted to take hdb loan because when i get my key 2011 i'll be paying my 5room loan using bank wish i think do not like it. i think hdb loan are reasonable. 2.5%. hope this will remain the same.

base on my calculation.

3room minus off my current cpf + sell = i'll only need to loan 70k from the bank.

if i get new flat value 400k - 40k - 200k = i'll be later need to get 200k loan from the bank.

200k from the bank.. what do you think?? to me 1 month 1k is a little tough..

Seem like you buy the 3-rm as a stepping stone to a better flat.

Is ur 4-rm flat also a susidised flat from HDB (new or had you taken some grant)? If you wanted the new better flat, you may need to consider the resale-levy portion. And was this 4-rm flat also under HDB loan?

Seem like you buy the 3-rm as a stepping stone to a better flat.

Is ur 4-rm flat also a susidised flat from HDB (new or had you taken some grant)? If you wanted the new better flat, you may need to consider the resale-levy portion. And was this 4-rm flat also under HDB loan?

:notti:

yep. the worse part is i'll be requred to pay the levy :bangwall: yes. my 4room is grant. and under hdb loan.

i wanted to take the hdb loan again instead of bank. not sure if thats possible.

If you have taken only 1 hdb loan, then yes for your next 5-rm flat. for the current 3-rm flat, tried using bank loan since it is only for a short period. But bank loan min period is 3 years without penalty of early redemption. You may want to find out more.

Great news is that you are getting a very good flat in future, next to central and definitely able to sell more.

If you have taken only 1 hdb loan, then yes for your next 5-rm flat. for the current 3-rm flat, tried using bank loan since it is only for a short period. But bank loan min period is 3 years without penalty of early redemption. You may want to find out more.

Great news is that you are getting a very good flat in future, next to central and definitely able to sell more.

i've check with the hdb hub and if i were to get bank loan for my 3room flat i'll not be able to change in future. meaning no conversion of bank to hdb when i got my 5room key.

so either i get hdb loan or never. i'll be paying bank loan from now on. thats pretty :bangwall: heavy...

but still glad to get this enbloc.. :notti: