Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Do you know which is the main contractor for the BTO project you are applying? Can try to check the reputation of the main con and probably you can get some idea. but still heavily depends on luck.

My main con is China Construction. Yes they are a china company but they have been established in Singapore for many years. I was working in a building material supplier company in 1999 to 2001 and China Con was our customer. And luckily my secondary school friend is the Project Director of my BTO project. He should have taken special care of my unit :D but too bad I couldnt choose OCS during flat selection as it were balance flats.

He also help to took some picture of my unit.

The bathroom that is giving all of us the biggest headache...

bathroom

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Do you know which is the main contractor for the BTO project you are applying? Can try to check the reputation of the main con and probably you can get some idea. but still heavily depends on luck.

My main con is China Construction. Yes they are a china company but they have been established in Singapore for many years. I was working in a building material supplier company in 1999 to 2001 and China Con was our customer. And luckily my secondary school friend is the Project Director of my BTO project. He should have taken special care of my unit :D but too bad I couldnt choose OCS during flat selection as it were balance flats.

Is that a shot of your actual bathroom, mmoh!? :D

Not bad leh! I like the grey tiles that they used. Simple and clean. Still got a ledge for you to put stuff, so handy! Nice!

Oh wait... Cannot choose OCS means no tiles then? Sorry, a bit of a hick when it comes to bto. Just ignore my initial question please lol.

Edited by MsBunny

Yes, that is the actual unit according to him and yes, I do like the grey tiles they used. Same tiles for the kitchen too! better than some more dull reddish tiles I saw on other BTO :bleah:

cannot choose OCS so no bedroom door and no tiles in living and bedroom. but there are tiles in kitchen and bathroom.

But I dislike the colour of the main door and metal gate. but is ok, can close 1 eye on that.

I also get to face the BIG window when doing my biz... :dunno:

bathroom window

Edited by mmoh

Yes, that is the actual unit according to him and yes, I do like the grey tiles they used. Same tiles for the kitchen too! better than some more dull reddish tiles I saw on other BTO :bleah:

But I dislike the colour of the main door and metal gate. but is ok, can close 1 eye on that.

I also get to face the BIG window when doing my biz... :dunno:

Big window is a good thing - that means you have proper ventilation in the bathroom - no strange smells will linger lol...

Folks, your opinions please!

Just came back from my place and I found this (small chip in my laminate) under the kitchen countertop which wasn't there previously. (They removed the countertop this week to replace a cracked tile on the side wall, think the workers broke it in the process)

Should I mark it out as a defect for the ID? :P (And risk my ID's wrath)

gallery_64134_7_50884.jpg

Looking @ the bathroom pic...I think I need to Reno toilet Liao...

Big window is a good thing - that means you have proper ventilation in the bathroom - no strange smells will linger lol...

Folks, your opinions please!

Just came back from my place and I found this (small chip in my laminate) under the kitchen countertop which wasn't there previously. (They removed the countertop this week to replace a cracked tile on the side wall, think the workers broke it in the process)

Should I mark it out as a defect for the ID? :P (And risk my ID's wrath)gallery_64134_7_50884.jpg

Yes, mark as defects....

They also chipped my kitchen backsplash tile while they were at it... (See white dot near the corner of the 2nd tile from the bottom)

gallery_64134_7_138562.jpg

Headache lah, his subcons... Haha.

Wow! I have not come in for 3 weeks and we have so many new members! Welcome!

@BunniBoi

If you see the optional components for 2 room, I think you will not take it up. It's really ugly and only one choice for the door.

@Rainbow1979

Thanks for the nice pics!

@mmoh

Seem like you will be getting your keys soon. Btw, any idea are we allow to change the main door and the metal gate?

I just made a trip to my future house this afternoon and they are now buliding my 15th floor, after this will be roof level! Woohoo!

@mmoh

Seem like you will be getting your keys soon. Btw, any idea are we allow to change the main door and the metal gate?

Main con handing over to HDB on 15 Aug, keys hopefully within the next 2 mths.

I think can change main door and metal gate. saw quite a few owners changed theirs. just note that the main door has to be fire rated or something like that.

I am having a wish list for a thumb print door lock

maxresdefault.jpg

was wondering if it is safe? i saw this in my fan's condo which they only have 1 wooden door installed on it, was pretty fansinated to do one for my bto. After some thoughts, i have some set back...

1) Metal Gate how to install?

2)Meaning i need 2 digital door units(one at gate, the other at wooden door) if i totally want a keyless access to get home.

1337942530.png

11075236_10200215875195221_6646739495525

Just some thinking....

Edited by rainbow1979

Wow! I have not come in for 3 weeks and we have so many new members! Welcome!

@BunniBoi

If you see the optional components for 2 room, I think you will not take it up. It's really ugly and only one choice for the door.

@Rainbow1979

Thanks for the nice pics!

@mmoh

I just made a trip to my future house this afternoon and they are now buliding my 15th floor, after this will be roof level! Woohoo!

@coolbunny

So u not taking any of the optional components?

@rainbow1979

You can consider this type of door I chanced upon when I was out looking and researching doors - only 1 lock required.

http://www.doctordoors.com.sg/combi-door.html

But the price is in the 2k range for this cuz it's still relatively new, I think. With a digital lock added on, likely to hit 3...

The one with the cat grilles is currently on my wishlist haha. But having gone over budget for my reno, I'm holding off the door and grilles change for the time being...

Edited by MsBunny

looks good!!

@rainbow1979
You can consider this type of door I chanced upon when I was out looking and researching doors - only 1 lock required.

http://www.doctordoors.com.sg/combi-door.html

But the price is in the 2k range for this cuz it's still relatively new, I think. With a digital lock added on, likely to hit 3...

The one with the cat grilles is currently on my wishlist haha. But having gone over budget for my reno, I'm holding off the door and grilles change for the time being...

@coolbunny

So u not taking any of the optional components?

Hi BunniBoi,

Yes, did not take up any of the optional components. Anyway, it's only the door and floor tile. As a 2 roomer, we only have one choice on the door. As for the floor tiles, I will say forget it lah. You can have many options if you spend a bit more.