Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi All

Collected my keys yesterday. :good:

I checked the status regularly on HDB website via Singpass. It assigned me a sinfully early timing of 8.10am (I am staying at CCK btw). So I used the change appointment function below to change it to 2.10pm, took half day leave only. Receive the letter on keys collection few days later. Instruction on what to do on the day was stated clearly in the letter. It also stated what payments are required on the day.

Yesterday, I reached HDB Hub at about 1.50pm. As per instruction, I need to purchase the Fire Insurance at Level 2 first. Took a Q number and waited about 15 mins for it. The process was rather fast. Upgraded the fire insurance from Etiqa Insurance and paid for 5 years as they are giving 1st year free. They allowed to postpone the effective date of the insurance even though I purchased and paid up. As currently, there is $0 value other than the building structure. So I requested for the latest effective date possible, ie. 6 months later.

After that, proceed to level 8 to get another Q number for keys collection. Waited rather long here, think more than half an hour. The process is also rather fast with lots of signatures required. The officer advised to go to level 3 to make payment and can go to Level 2 Singapore Power to open account with them. Making payment is swift but when I saw the LONG Q at Singapore Power, I was taken aback. Saw a notification that we can actually apply it online so I decided to go back to Level 8 to show the receipt to the same officer. No Q is needed. The officer advise that if I do not want to reno now, I can actually open the Singapore Power account later as even though there is no usage of water and electricity, there will still be some charges (not exactly know what). So I decided to open account later. With the presentation of receipt, the officer passed me 1 file with all the documents inside and another pouch with all my keys inside.

I have a total of 12 keys. Main Gate x 3, Main Door x 3, Bedroom x 3 and Letter Box x 3

Left HDB at about 3.10pm. Immediately go to my new house and open key. I did not do any ritual at all so dont ask me. lol. This is the 1st time that I step onto the estate. My neighbours has created facebook pages and whatsapp group to share updates and bulk purchase regularly. So I know that many of them had actually recce the site even when it was still totally fenced up.

Sorry for the lengthy post. :P

To Be Continued with pictures later... :D

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi All

Collected my keys yesterday. :good:

I checked the status regularly on HDB website via Singpass. It assigned me a sinfully early timing of 8.10am (I am staying at CCK btw). So I used the change appointment function below to change it to 2.10pm, took half day leave only. Receive the letter on keys collection few days later. Instruction on what to do on the day was stated clearly in the letter. It also stated what payments are required on the day.

Yesterday, I reached HDB Hub at about 1.50pm. As per instruction, I need to purchase the Fire Insurance at Level 2 first. Took a Q number and waited about 15 mins for it. The process was rather fast. Upgraded the fire insurance from Etiqa Insurance and paid for 5 years as they are giving 1st year free. They allowed to postpone the effective date of the insurance even though I purchased and paid up. As currently, there is $0 value other than the building structure. So I requested for the latest effective date possible, ie. 6 months later.

After that, proceed to level 8 to get another Q number for keys collection. Waited rather long here, think more than half an hour. The process is also rather fast with lots of signatures required. The officer advised to go to level 3 to make payment and can go to Level 2 Singapore Power to open account with them. Making payment is swift but when I saw the LONG Q at Singapore Power, I was taken aback. Saw a notification that we can actually apply it online so I decided to go back to Level 8 to show the receipt to the same officer. No Q is needed. The officer advise that if I do not want to reno now, I can actually open the Singapore Power account later as even though there is no usage of water and electricity, there will still be some charges (not exactly know what). So I decided to open account later. With the presentation of receipt, the officer passed me 1 file with all the documents inside and another pouch with all my keys inside.

I have a total of 12 keys. Main Gate x 3, Main Door x 3, Bedroom x 3 and Letter Box x 3

Left HDB at about 3.10pm. Immediately go to my new house and open key. I did not do any ritual at all so dont ask me. lol. This is the 1st time that I step onto the estate. My neighbours has created facebook pages and whatsapp group to share updates and bulk purchase regularly. So I know that many of them had actually recce the site even when it was still totally fenced up.

Sorry for the lengthy post. :P

To Be Continued with pictures later... :D

OMG!!!! SO excited for you!!!!

Photos! We want loads and loads of photos!!!! :D

mmoh - I am delighted with the length of your post. :good: Don't you need to turn on the electricty & water immediately to make sure everything is working even though you intend to move it much later? :dunno:

Thanks all! :D Hope able to upload the photos later tonight and share my comments on the SMALL house.

2Roomer, good question! LOL! let me check with my friend.

mmoh - I am delighted with the length of your post. :good: Don't you need to turn on the electricty & water immediately to make sure everything is working even though you intend to move it much later? :dunno:

Ok, I think you are right cos need to check electricity and check water flush.

So I went online to open the SP Services account: http://www.singaporepower.com.sg/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/guid/80626757-af6c-2e10-7eb5-8981d180e111?spstab=Our%20Services

It requires for appointment date and time so I choose this coming Sat.

hooray! congrats! pics, pics!

every morning i pass by axis.

every evening i pass by axis.

:sport-smiley-018::sport-smiley-018::sport-smiley-018:

wah! u take 172? where u stay and work woh?

First time stepping onto the estate that I will call home in the future... trying to find the correct route cos some places are still fenced up. Pass by contractors sitting around and they will catch any passerby and ask if they need reno service.

Stone Table & Chairs

reaching my block and saw these stone table and chairs. I like! :good: There are 2 such tables and chairs at the void deck. Talking about the void deck, it has toooooo many beams which you need to turn left turn right to get to the lift lobby. Unlike older HDB blocks which are quite straight forward.

Main Door

hahaha, nothing much to see except that the contractors had already started their advertisement.

Living Room

Living room is relatively big. I am satisfied. My ID commented that my living room is actually bigger than my 3 room neighbour's living room. Which I verified correct as I went to take a look at the 3 room unit which my ID is renovating.

Living Room - Kitchen

Standing at the main door looking left to the kitchen. Can you see my neighbour's kitchen window? >_<

View from LR

View from Living Room. I was there at about 4.30pm and it is quite windy. No afternoon sun as the sun is shining on my main door at this timing. I am lucky to have the gap in between the 2 blocks as the win came from the direction. That is the ITE west u see at the further distance away. I believe the plots of land will be occupied by high rise HDB flats...

Bedroom

Bedroom. I seriously got a shock when I see the actual size of the bedroom. According to the floor plan, size of bedroom is 3575 x 3150. i thought that is still ok but looking at the actual size, I realised that the whole room will be taken up assuming i place a queen size bed in the middle with 2 bedside table. Then I would have no space to place other furniture at all. Of course, I am not going to put a queen size bed. I think you all can see from the picture on the width.

Edited by mmoh

Bathroom

I like the colour of the tiles. I like the ledge so that I can place items on it.

Bathroom Window

I mentioned before, I can see my neighbour's bathroom if I open my window and it is true T_T so he/she can also see me if I open my bathroom window. Probably will install blind here which I have never thought before... more $$

Kitchen

Kitchen is OMG!!! Even if I dont cook, I am now having headache on how can I put in all the necessary items for kitchen... And the width at the far end is only 50+mm where normal cabinet is 60mm. Carpentry can be customised but I need to get a smaller sink to fit into it... >_< If I put the usual sink and stove, I am only left with about 2 ft of counter top to place rice cooker + kettle + water jug + toaster oven / microwave oven + air fryer... how is that possible?? headache...

Access Panel Bottom

This corner is just nice for a small washing machine. However, see the access panel? this is the access to repair piping in case it choke. There is also a similar panel on top, hence no in-built carpentry on top is allowed here.

From Corridor

This is taken from the corridor. No intention of installing window grille but I am not so sure now. I think thief can easily access the unit from this direction. But I am at level 14... how?

mmoh

Thanks for taking the time to post, you must be so busy now after you got your keys.

Appreciate the heads-up about the pesky contractors too.

Perhaps you can consider open shelves above your countertop to supplement the limited space, like in the HDB showflat but wider and longer.

If you are looking for a small washing machine you can consider Brandt BTWD1308 8kg/4kg washer/dryer (or its variants) which measures just 450 wide. I haven't used this washer/dryer before but was intrigued by its compact size and relatively large capacity when I saw it at Big Box.

Edited by 2Roomer

mmoh

Thanks for taking the time to post, you must be so busy now after you got your keys.

Appreciate the heads-up about the pesky contractors too.

Perhaps you can consider open shelves above your countertop to supplement the limited space, like in the HDB showflat but wider and longer.

If you are looking for a small washing machine you can consider Brandt BTWD1308 8kg/4kg washer/dryer (or its variants) which measures just 450 wide. I haven't used this washer/dryer before but was intrigued by its compact size and relatively large capacity when I saw it at Big Box.

Thanks for the idea 2Roomer! ya, maybe the open shelves concept is a better one instead of cabinets.

Washing machine wise ID said should be ok, just dont get those bigger size, average size should be able to fit but need to measure very carefully.

Hi mmoh,

Congrats! So happy for you! So exicted to see those pics! If your bedroom is 3575 x 3150mm & actual size is smaller, I cannot imagine mine at 3550 x 3000mm. The most headache part is the bedroom. I want queen size bed & big wardrobe so very headache lah!

Met up with 3 IDs so far and will be seeing more. Mind to pm me your ID contact? Thanks in advance. :lol:

Hi mmoh,

Congrats! So happy for you! So exicted to see those pics! If your bedroom is 3575 x 3150mm & actual size is smaller, I cannot imagine mine at 3550 x 3000mm. The most headache part is the bedroom. I want queen size bed & big wardrobe so very headache lah!

Met up with 3 IDs so far and will be seeing more. Mind to pm me your ID contact? Thanks in advance. :lol:

Thks coolbunny. our difference is only 25 x 150, the 2.5cm is negligible but another 15cm is good to have.

I have not firm up with any ID yet so I am not sure you want his contact now? This particular ID I mentioned here was recommended by my neighbour whom I think had recommended to many of our neighbours. So I do know quite a few has already taken up the reno work with him. So far I am quite comfortable talking to him. But maybe when I get to see his workmanship then see if I would like to recommend him?

Update on the Singapore Power. I did not open the Singapore Power services on the day of keys collection due to long Q. So submitted an online application yesterday where I need to select an appt date and time. email approval came about 12 hours later. Receive a SMS this morning to request for my presence on the appt date and time.

And 1 v impt issue which we have been discussing at length but I forgot to include in my post yesterday - the bathroom.

The 1st ID I met basically dissuade me against the idea of putting in the shower screen due to the size constraint. I wanted a minimum 90 x 90 screen but the maximum the bathroom allow is only 80cm. And to do that, I need to reposition the basin too which the ID advise is more costly and I will see the pipes running below the basin.

If no shower screen can be installed, I would then leave the kitchen-bathroom door untouched, ie. not sealing up the door. This also provides better air flow.

The 2nd contractor which is the famous J&E team, also recommended similar, but said that if I insist, it can be done. waiting for their quote now.

Does anyone of you want to see picture of any specific area? Will be meeting the 3rd contractor this Sat.

mmoh

That infamous 2-door bathroom!

Good explanation on your bathroom dilemma.

Perhaps you can show us how your shower area looks like.

It's funny that HDB's sanitary fittings package don't include a bidet spray.