Jump to content
Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Recommended Posts


Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi all. I am collecting my keys next week. I am looking for ideas for the Shower point located at the centre of of the wall opposite the washing basing and toilet bowl in the bathroom. No intention to seal up one door and redo the toilet. Thinking to install one U shape shower curtain and maybe install kerb. By the way, I am looking at aluminium kitchen cabinet. Any review? Is it true that aluminium cabinet costs slightly more than wooden cabinet? Thank you. 1833127032_Renotalkfloorplan.png.7fa770ddf8c976356d45230b3d814f28.png Thank you. 

Edited by comtt74
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/10/2019 at 4:23 PM, comtt74 said:

Hi all. I am collecting my keys next week. I am looking for ideas for the Shower point located at the centre of of the wall opposite the washing basing and toilet bowl in the bathroom. No intention to seal up one door and redo the toilet. Thinking to install one U shape shower curtain and maybe install kerb. By the way, I am looking at aluminium kitchen cabinet. Any review? Is it true that aluminium cabinet costs slightly more than wooden cabinet? Thank you. 1833127032_Renotalkfloorplan.png.7fa770ddf8c976356d45230b3d814f28.png Thank you. 

this is at west edge?  just went there to view a member's unit yesterday.

if you install u-shaped curtain then how to do kerb? u-shaped kerb too? with curtain, although  water will flow to other parts outside curtain, but you can just mop it dry after shower. not advisable for u-shaped kerb.

aluminium kitchen cabinet... no idea. my parents house only have aluminium cabinet doors for the kitchen, on the sink and stove portion. still using these sliding doors after almost 30 years.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i personally think aluminium is a great material for built-in cabinets because they are much more easier to clean, pest-proof, and customizable. I actually have my own aluminium cabinets at home since last year. Thanks to the best team ever, #StoneAmperor , i've never been happier in my life. I found them through https://www.stoneamperor.com.sg/aluminium-cabinets-need-them/ . Check them out ! Who knows it changes your life too.😄

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, CaseBlue said:

Hi hi,

May I know what height are your kerbs in the toilet? Are the ones dividing the wet and dry area same height as the ones at the door? TYIA.

 

didnt measure but should be about 4 cm bah. mine got no kerb at the door cos is slope down

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you know how many coats of paint did your walls get, and how much did painting cost?

I nego with an ID who told me only 1 coat paint and minor touch ups to bring down from 1.3K to 1.1K.

Cuz I found PuHua eco Diatomacrous Earth paint that offer 2 coats paint at 1.1K. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/16/2019 at 6:57 PM, studioflatter said:

Do you know how many coats of paint did your walls get, and how much did painting cost?

I nego with an ID who told me only 1 coat paint and minor touch ups to bring down from 1.3K to 1.1K.

Cuz I found PuHua eco Diatomacrous Earth paint that offer 2 coats paint at 1.1K. 

Most of the id quoted me $800-1.1k with 2 coated of paint. Colors limit to 4+1.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi I have the choice of 2 different layout for my 2 room Type 2 BTO at Punggol.

One is at Cove which is more rectangular 

20190222_014025.jpg.1fc05cd51c912e88dc665f3fb024d3ef.jpg

The other is at Woods which is more squarish 

20190222_014052.jpg.ff97d6ed6b493235e663bb8823362da7.jpg

Which will you guys choose, and why?

Need more views on the selection.

Thank you.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, angmortan said:

Hi I have the choice of 2 different layout for my 2 room Type 2 BTO at Punggol.

One is at Cove which is more rectangular 

20190222_014025.jpg.1fc05cd51c912e88dc665f3fb024d3ef.jpg

The other is at Woods which is more squarish 

20190222_014052.jpg.ff97d6ed6b493235e663bb8823362da7.jpg

Which will you guys choose, and why?

Need more views on the selection.

Thank you.

I would choose the first one:

1. Living room - bigger space, 2nd design you will have the area beside household shelter under utilised.

2. Bedroom - 3450 will allow you to put wardrobe + bedside table + queen size bed

3. Bathroom - allow you to separate wet and dry area although door opens to living room / dining area

4. Kitchen - more counter top space if you do 2 rows of cabinets

The 2nd design, I like the household shelter door open towards the kitchen but then the first design still win.

Having said all, it all depends on your lifestyle and preference. Taking into consideration which part of the house where you spent the most time in and your hobby, you have to choose the one that suits you most.

Oh, and not to forget the amenities and travel convenience of each location and the East / West facing of the units.

Edited by mmoh
 
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks mmoh for the reply. Exactly same tots on point 1 to 3. I won't be cooking much so I wont need so much counter top space.

Amenities wise, these 2 estates are just on opposite street. Woods will be nearer to MRT n coffeeshop (2mins extra for Cove) and Cove will be nearer to sea (no more seaview unit tho).

Cove is left with low levels (2, 3 and 4) while Woods still have high floors (8 to 10).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/22/2019 at 1:45 AM, angmortan said:

Hi I have the choice of 2 different layout for my 2 room Type 2 BTO at Punggol.

One is at Cove which is more rectangular 

20190222_014025.jpg.1fc05cd51c912e88dc665f3fb024d3ef.jpg

The other is at Woods which is more squarish 

20190222_014052.jpg.ff97d6ed6b493235e663bb8823362da7.jpg

Which will you guys choose, and why?

Need more views on the selection.

Thank you.

If you wanna create wet and dry area in the toilet without hassle, choose one. I did a lot of work on my toilet just to create wet and dry area. Format similar to second layout.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×