Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
duomaxwell

Llpl's New House @ Punggol Waterway Brooks

On 6/5/2016 at 11:51 PM, trcd said:

duomaxwell, your carpentry works really look good and functional. So well thought through!

Thanks for sharing! :)

Yes I was wondering about the doors. Luckily your toilets are spacious enough so you didn't have to change the doors...

Btw, how's the ceiling fan? Did you get it from Amasco?

Hi trcd,

Actually our toilets are not really spacious. Its just that we don't want to waste money since we already paid for the doors, so we will just keep using the doors until it gives us problem.

Currently for our master toilet, when there is somebody using the sink to wash hand and the door is closed, there is a need to be careful when somebody from outside is trying to open the door. I think there wouldn't be this issue if we changed to a bi-fold door.

We got our living room ceiling fan from Aeratron model AE3

http://aeratron.com/ourrange/

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
On 18 April 2016 at 0:43 PM, duomaxwell said:

Finally got the photos from ID and sometime to post after settling down after moving in on the 20 March.

dpvafl.jpg

Ooh... Could you please share if you are using induction or ceramic hobs? Are there only 2 "burners"? Which brand did you choose? :P 

I'm considering getting a glass top ceramic - so much easier to clean isn't it!

duomaxwell, your carpentry works really look good and functional. So well thought through!

Thanks for sharing! :)

Yes I was wondering about the doors. Luckily your toilets are spacious enough so you didn't have to change the doors...

Btw, how's the ceiling fan? Did you get it from Amasco?

On 2 June 2016 at 11:39 PM, trcd said:

Your house really very "swee"! :)

Btw was looking at the master bedroom wardrobe - the black groove lines are for aesthetics only? What type of doors did you install?

Hi trcd,

You mean this side of the master bedroom wardrobe?

If yes, there are 2 purpose for the black groove lines,

1) aesthetics

2) to "hid" the "hidden" door so that the small door (to place my wife's handphone as she always use it as her alarm) is not obvious when the door is closed.

a4agwk.jpg

200a22r.jpg

Which doors are you referring to? Toilets? Bedrooms? If you are referring to Toilets & Bedrooms, we are using the doors provided by HDB. :)

2 hours ago, duomaxwell said:

:P lots of our friends were also awed by them during our house warming. Haha :lol:

Your house really very "swee"! :)

Btw was looking at the master bedroom wardrobe - the black groove lines are for aesthetics only? What type of doors did you install?

10 hours ago, teegz said:

Thanks so much for the info! To adjust to 815mm, do you need to remove the top of the dishwasher?

Hi teegz,

We don't need to remove the top of the dishwasher coz there is no "top" to begin with :P Our model is designed to be in build into cabinet, think that's why there is no "top".

2ly4t9g.jpg

13 hours ago, AndrewA said:

Hello duomaxwell,

Thank you for creating such a comprehensive posting of your renovation journey! 

After reading your posting, which you must have spent precious time and effort, Newbie like me has a better understanding of what to look out for before and during renovation =P Cheers!

Hi AndrewA,

I am just glad that all my posting can be of some help to all new home owner's renovation. :D

19 hours ago, trcd said:

I'm so awed by the tidbit corner and beverage drawer! :wub:

:P lots of our friends were also awed by them during our house warming. Haha :lol:

Hello duomaxwell,

Thank you for creating such a comprehensive posting of your renovation journey! 

After reading your posting, which you must have spent precious time and effort, Newbie like me has a better understanding of what to look out for before and during renovation =P Cheers!

6 hours ago, teegz said:

Hi duomaxwell,

Can you kindly share the height of the kitchen countertop? My ID said that because my dishwasher height is 845mm, the total kitchen countertop height is about 36inch. Concern is that it may be too high for my height :D

Hi teegz,

33l1iwy.png

If you refer to the 2D drawing above, the height of our kitchen cabinet is 810+50(cement base) = 860mm.

The area whereby we placed our dishwasher does not have any cement base (Refer to picture below)

73hvls.jpg

If you refer to Bosch dishwasher installation guide (Below), the height of the dishwasher is adjustable (815 to 875mm). As such, we adjusted the dish washer to a suitable height so that the bottom kitchen cabinet can stay at the height of 860mm. :D

16lg4gg.jpg

ivwu2a.png

The height of the dishwasher can be adjusted with a screw driver and a spanner.

Not sure of your brand of dishwasher. For us, we asked the bosch sales person who sold us the dish washer and he advised us on the above. We brought ours from courts and the bosch sales personnel from Tampines Court Megastore was very knowledgeable and advised us on all these.

Our ID and carpenter made a special trip to Tampines Courts Megastore to test out and make actual measurement of the dishwasher before the fabrication of the kitchen carpentry. :)

On 11 May 2016 at 10:33 PM, duomaxwell said:

Our tidbit corner in a blum tall unit beside the fridge

scsu9y.jpg

Our beverage drawer at the bar counter at our dry kitchen area

351wmz7.jpg

I'm so awed by the tidbit corner and beverage drawer! :wub:

Hi duomaxwell,

Can you kindly share the height of the kitchen countertop? My ID said that because my dishwasher height is 845mm, the total kitchen countertop height is about 36inch. Concern is that it may be too high for my height :D

15 hours ago, t14388 said:

Hi duomaxwell

1. May I know how mch your ID charged you per feet of the 3 tracks sliding door wardrobe (including the mirror and colour PVC)

2. What is the hardware you used for the TV console sliding door? Excel or blum hardware? Any part no.

Thanks

Hi t14388,

1. PM sent for the cost per feet for sliding door wardrobe

2. the hardware used for our living room TV console door is blum. It's nothing special, its just a normal hinge used for all our cabinet doors as well. So sorry, i don't have any part no for this hinge.

6hhmj8.jpg