Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Begrudgingly cancelled my Amazon order because read that the Rachael Ray's lazy tools aren't that best for gas hobs (and I really hate electric ones), the Rubbermaid QC is not there and it explodes (OMG!) and the towels shed lint.

Back to my trusty IKEA then. They have yet to fail me yet, even though they don't have fancy designs... :argue::disturb:

Edited by bykaraanne

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Begrudgingly cancelled my Amazon order because read that the Rachael Ray's lazy tools aren't that best for gas hobs (and I really hate electric ones), the Rubbermaid QC is not there and it explodes (OMG!) and the towels shed lint.

Back to my trusty IKEA then. They have yet to fail me yet, even though they don't have fancy designs... :argue::disturb:

Have you always been using IKEA? I read this compilation of renotalkers' IKEA complaints the other day and it sounds quite horrible!

http://noobhomeowner.blogspot.sg/2013/04/words-of-wisdom-from-renotalk.html

And exploding equippment is a big NONO :no:

Have you always been using IKEA? I read this compilation of renotalkers' IKEA complaints the other day and it sounds quite horrible!

http://noobhomeowner.blogspot.sg/2013/04/words-of-wisdom-from-renotalk.html

And exploding equippment is a big NONO :no:

Yes... All rubbish IMO.

IKEA's things are cheap so they come with a bit of maintenance, but at least I always get what I see.

For hoe Kee etc, they mark up so much and still got so many complaints of rusting.

I've used both IKEA and WMF stainless steel ware for years and you know what? IKEA ones didn't rust for me but WMF ones were super high maintenance. I love them, but boy sometimes I rather just buy and throw IKEA ones.

cannot compare $100+ to like $12.90 things la!!

My IKEA furniture have all held up to the test (I work from home and all my furniture is IKEA) BUT not with a bit of maintenance (I always use rubber protective pads for my tables) and I take care of them.

Singaporeans just like to complain about IKEA IMO. Cus we're so used to paying for custom stuff. A lot of it also crap. IKEA has a great returns policy - I once refunded fully a sinking/warping table that was 6 months old.

Their things are for a certain purpose... So with care and using it the right way they do hold up. As for the custom ones and the balestier / geylang shop ones, we can only go by faith...

Does that make sense? Haha!

The compilation also... Some people do sliding door with no problems, some hate it... All subjective la!

U got budget then do better, if not IKEA is subject to stringent EU standards and I trust them and their return policy more than any other store.

Btw re: solid surface top. My current place is an EC which came with it. I cleaned with kitchen cleaner and magic sponge briefly (1min) after cooking and zero stains at all.

Singaporeans everything also want luxury... So see IKEA no up. Hahahaha! My personal opinion.

Leftover things on my contractor's agenda:

LIST OF THINGS LEFT ON AGENDA:

- Electrical (+1 double socket)

- Installation of lights x6 and fans x3

- Shower ledge

- Shower kerb

- Shower Glass Panels x2

- Painting of door and gate

- Cornices

- Painting of wall

- Gas Heater Piping to bathrooms

- Installation of doors (total no. 5)

- installation of toilet accessories

- installation of WCs

- installation of showers

Decided against doing my wall mouldings (sad) because it made my tiny living room look cluttered. And that's not a look I want. So I gave up on that.

Mouldings on my door would mean less smooth paint... So just gonna paint over with light grey paint and Matt black for my gate.

Ikea certain things are not bad, its depend on who is the user and how they take care of it. I recently went to ikea see see look look, not bad for the material use nowadays as compared to the past.

Ikea certain things are not bad, its depend on who is the user and how they take care of it. I recently went to ikea see see look look, not bad for the material use nowadays as compared to the past.

Yeah my contractor was very surprised at the IKEA cabinetry especially for the kitchens. Said the laminated fronts look very good quality.

I've not had problems with quality, except my bunnies like to chew on their furniture zzz

Toilet wall is up... Other than that reno will slow down for a while.

Cornice + painting to be up next, then electrical and doors.

Have to wait for the tiler uncle to come back when he has time to redo the kerb and the shower ledge that Edmund forgot. :(

We're meeting IKEA Alexandra on Monday to finalize the kitchen, and if all is well, we'll book an appointment right there and they should be able to come in early October to install it. We're also going to Evershine on Monday to look at countertops. Decided to broaden our options since I'm still not 100% satisfied with Silestone's Lyra... Love Evershine's Gloria Range's Natural Cirrus (which looks JUST like real marble) but it's solid top... >.<

23t32nm.jpg

13z5r2v.jpg

9k1bp0.jpg

fbjb5z.jpg

Congrats. Bathroom is one of the longest area I guess and next the WC as I see it's still very much a hole :)

Hahaha! My WCs will be delivered whenever. :)

My contractor say just ask plumber come and put only. I'm buying on Monday.

My Guest BR must wait.

Thanks anyway! No progress for a while I think. Contractor haven't give me ETA for my cornice and painting.

TB Lights and shower stuff will come on Wednesday... But short of one light LOL.

Yours fast and furious!

Haha all our lights and TB loot came delivered over the weekend!

We are all ready and set for our ID and her team to complete our job now.

Well fast and furious? Not much of a choice when you know you have kids in tow and you only have 6 weeks to move out of your old place with no alternative accommodation :) keke.

We planned this beginning 2 months ago haha making sure our ID is settled and all planned out for the big get go! Haha

I remember staying with my Aunty for a few months in the '90s while waiting for the current owners to move out. I suppose such things aren't done anymore.

Look forward to your tb loots! Then your tblog will be fast and furious with requests for links, haha. Singaporeans really like tb.

Heh heh heh mine coming on Wednesday so excited!!!

That said, IKEA ALEXANDRA IS THE BEST!

I am getting my dream kitchen after all

And I found a acrylic solid top at super good price that looks exactly like real marble. Though we wanted Quartz, but the Silestone and Caesarstone never gave me design peace. I think I will just try to look after it better!!

Exciting times. Also bought all my other electronics except TVs. Those are the last so no worries. Bought 3 Fanco fans! :D