Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Any bros good at networking?

Actually I have a very simple problem la. I have already converted my tel ports to data points.

I now need something in my study (that's in the middle of my house) to boost the signal to my MBR.

Do I buy another dual band router to plug into the data point in my study?

Or do I buy a wireless repeater or extender?

Thanks!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hello!

There are several ways to do so. Since you have data points in various rooms, and if you have two routers, you can connect two routers together. That is what I did. Go to this website to take a look. I did a LAN to LAN

http://www.wikihow.com/Connect-Two-Routers

I signed on with Starhub, which came with one router and I bought another. So one is in my living room. The other in my walk-in wardrobe, as the WIFI in the bedroom is a bit weak.

I have not used a wireless repeater before. But I have used home-plugs before. They work fine too. You can check those out as well.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

Any bros good at networking?
Actually I have a very simple problem la. I have already converted my tel ports to data points.

I now need something in my study (that's in the middle of my house) to boost the signal to my MBR.

Do I buy another dual band router to plug into the data point in my study?

Or do I buy a wireless repeater or extender?

Thanks!

Hello!

There are several ways to do so. Since you have data points in various rooms, and if you have two routers, you can connect two routers together. That is what I did. Go to this website to take a look. I did a LAN to LAN

http://www.wikihow.com/Connect-Two-Routers

I signed on with Starhub, which came with one router and I bought another. So one is in my living room. The other in my walk-in wardrobe, as the WIFI in the bedroom is a bit weak.

I have not used a wireless repeater before. But I have used home-plugs before. They work fine too. You can check those out as well.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

Thanks bro!

Means I can just buy a dual band wireless router and plug it into the data point straight right?

Will do tmrw. :) thanks!

Since you have a data point in your study, the best option should be to plug in a Range Extender there. Or plug in a Wireless Router in bridge mode. I suggest not to use Home Plugs unless you have no other option.

Perhaps you want to go down to Sitex show at Expo this weekend. You can visit the D-Link booth. They can advise you what to get. The prices are cheap at the show.

Since you have a data point in your study, the best option should be to plug in a Range Extender there. Or plug in a Wireless Router in bridge mode. I suggest not to use Home Plugs unless you have no other option.

Perhaps you want to go down to Sitex show at Expo this weekend. You can visit the D-Link booth. They can advise you what to get. The prices are cheap at the show.

Ok. Range extenders are cheaper right?

Hmm... I might go there but very worried how crowded it might be haha!

Thank you!

My bunnies enjoying the soft carpet at my dining area. They are still concussed there right now. I don't lie when I say this is the softest carpet ever. Good buy!

IMG_5321_zpsoaum5irg.jpg

My Christmas tree is up! I would love for it to be a little "thicker" but this one has always been quite sparse. Lazy to buy a new one. Haha! And my fireplace. More close up shots soon. FIRST FOOTBALL NIGHT!! :)

IMG_5326_zpshomhzane.jpg

Moar updates soon! :)

My bunnies enjoying the soft carpet at my dining area. They are still concussed there right now. I don't lie when I say this is the softest carpet ever. Good buy!

IMG_5321_zpsoaum5irg.jpg

My Christmas tree is up! I would love for it to be a little "thicker" but this one has always been quite sparse. Lazy to buy a new one. Haha! And my fireplace. More close up shots soon. FIRST FOOTBALL NIGHT!! :)

IMG_5326_zpshomhzane.jpg

恭喜恭喜!Congratulation!

Been waiting for your post since we know you move in on Tue,

All look well and beautiful, the carpet really look super soft and bunnies are so cute.

Enjoy your lovely home and post more pictures ya.

恭喜恭喜!Congratulation!

Been waiting for your post since we know you move in on Tue,

All look well and beautiful, the carpet really look super soft and bunnies are so cute.

Enjoy your lovely home and post more pictures ya.

Thanks bro, how's your house coming along??

Thanks bro, how's your house coming along??

now super slow, light up this week

my counter top only arrive on 15th Dec.

So now I chill and Monday go settle most of the furniture and than wait again.

So cute! The carpet looks very comfy! I am thinking if I should get a cat. Have a family cat. She now lives with my parents' place. Problem is I am not home most of the time due to work, and I feel might not be fair to the cat! Hehe....

IMG_5321_zpsoaum5irg.jpg

IMG_5326_zpshomhzane.jpg

Dear Karaanne,

Your home looks great! May I ask where you bought your Fanco fans (with LED light) from? & how much?

I intended to install 1 big fan (Living area) & 3 small fans (bedrooms) with LED lights too!

Thank you.

So cute! The carpet looks very comfy! I am thinking if I should get a cat. Have a family cat. She now lives with my parents' place. Problem is I am not home most of the time due to work, and I feel might not be fair to the cat! Hehe....

Haha cats are quite independent, no?

Pets are more work but sometimes make a house so much more cozy :P

Dear Karaanne,

Your home looks great! May I ask where you bought your Fanco fans (with LED light) from? & how much?

I intended to install 1 big fan (Living area) & 3 small fans (bedrooms) with LED lights too!

Thank you.

I got Aroma 46" X 2 at $330 each iirc (excluding installation)

And aroma 54" at $360 :)

From Hong Liang! You can look for James and tell him Kara's friend if the price is good for you.